Savegame for gamma 9- 3.3.0 beta 1 portable

For porting of the campaign to javascript discussions
Witcher1990
New user

Savegame for gamma 9- 3.3.0 beta 1 portable

Post by Witcher1990 »

Hi guys, Could you be so nice and post savegame for mission 9 in gamma campain (I think it's last mission)?

After researching all nuclear codes in Gamma 8 timer in my game is still ticking and game is not proceding to next mission :( Or maybe you know how to fix this problem? Game version 3.3.0-beta1
Berserk Cyborg
Code contributor
Code contributor

Re: Savegame for gamma 9- 3.3.0 beta 1 portable

Post by Berserk Cyborg »

Can you upload your savegame on this mission (folder + .gam file)?
Witcher1990
New user

Post by Witcher1990 »

Thanks for repy, sure I can give my savegame files - 1 minute before mission should end (1 minute remaining to research 3rd level of nuclear codes) https://megawrzuta.pl/download/543a1738 ... 5297d.html
it is polish website to host small files, because I don't know how to post file in this forum.
Berserk Cyborg
Code contributor
Code contributor

Post by Berserk Cyborg »

There are a bunch of Nexus sensors trying to observe that half-built factory in the North-West part of the map. So if you can send a few units over there to destroy them and any Nexus reinforcements that show up (after the last missile code is researched), the mission will proceed.

I'll look into making the lassat hit everything that is not finished being built. Probably was some attempt to help prevent a cheat-like exploit to delay the lassat or something, not sure.

If you are unable to do it in time then consider using cheat mode. To enter cheat mode, either type "cheat on" in the chatbox (press enter), or press shift+backspace, and then type "let me win" to win the mission (without the quotes).

EDIT:
The campaign laser satellite will target unfinshed structures after PR 369 gets merged. Which should help reduce or eliminate this issue for the time being.

Witcher1990 wrote: because I don't know how to post file in this forum.
There should be an Attachments tab somewhere below the submit button.
Witcher1990
New user

Post by Witcher1990 »

Thanks it worked for me :)

Maybe you have an solution for last mission? I have played this game few times since 2000 (even on PSX) but the Gamma 9 never was so difficult. I have passed previus mission quite easily but this one is really terrible. I can't establish my base in the landing zone. I have tried to build artillery, sam sites, tanks with sam sites but nothing really works :( I got completely destroyed after few minutes... BIggest problem is artillery which can shoot me even inside LZ and my artillery with Cb tower do only some cosmetic damege to it ;/ Level- medium
alfred007
Regular
Regular

Post by alfred007 »

The most important thing at the beginning is: don't leave the valley of your LZ. As soon as you leave the valley all VTOL's of Nexus will attack you and all Nexus factories are starting their production. Even with insane difficulty, you have at least six minutes to bring in your troops before you get attacked. I usually bring in 9 trucks and my most experienced Commander with the first transport. The Commander destroys all trees etc inside the valley so the trucks have enough space to build a lot of Angel Missile Batteries in the west of the valley, a CB tower, and a Repair Facility. With the second transport, I bring in the combat units that I want to attach to the Commander and six more trucks. These trucks are building some Vindicator SAM Sites. With the third transport, I bring in more combat units. Yes, it's getting cramped in the valley. With the fourth transport, I bring in my second Commander and more combat units. Shortly before the fourth transport arrives I leave the valley with all trucks and the first combat group. Most of the Angel Missile Batteries inside the valley will get destroyed with the first Nexus attack so you should build new ones outside of the valley along with more Vindicator SAM Sites and new CB towers. These new Angel Missile Batteries should stand south enough so they can reach all Nexus artillery batteries. After a few attacks, all Nexus artillery should be destroyed. Build some Repair Facilities outside the valley and set the Commanders to retreat at medium damage. Don't forget to bring in more combat units and replace the destroyed trucks. They will have a lot to do and you need all 15 you can produce.

I think this should be enough help to survive at the beginning. You should find a way to destroy the Nexus VTOL Factories asap because they can be very annoying. I leave it to you to find a solution to this problem. Good luck and have fun. :)
Berserk Cyborg
Code contributor
Code contributor

Post by Berserk Cyborg »

I saw you are using Pythons, Heavy-Cannons, and bombards still. For the best chance to win you'll want to be using the Tiger or Retribution body paired with Hover or Half-Tracks. Only use Tracks on this mission if you are sure there isn't going to be an archangel spam, otherwise they will be destroyed very fast.

Use the Rail-gun, Pulse laser, and Scourge-missiles on your tanks. Feel free to use Assault-Guns for cyborgs if they are troubling you. Your VTOLs can be equipped with Scourge missiles, Pulse laser, or Bunker Busters. And your Artillery should consist of Hellstorm + ground shaker, and a few ripples or the angel rocket artillery. Cyborgs are useful as death-fodder to distract units or waste the enemy artillery, but usually are not needed.

I would also make use of the 30 minute timer* before entering this mission to make as many units as possible and make the most out of all your power. However, be sure to have a decent amount of power before you go into the offworld mission because you will be building lots of anti-air defenses against VTOLs, building CB towers and artillery for a while (or use a CB turret unit) to knock out the archangel missiles.

When you enter the mission you will need to be quick to build AA defenses, VTOL pads, CB towers, repair facilities, and artillery defenses in base to counter the Nexus archangels. Basically, you need to survive and be prepared for a long tough fight as soon as you exit your LZ area. The intial wave is tough so don't be surprised if there are heavy losses on your end.

Also, the AI is good at using the mobile sensor units which means you will need to watch out for Nexus sensors observing you from afar. So if Nexus artillery is appearing suddenly and you don't see any enemy units nearby, then you'll need to hunt down those sensors.

Here are my recommended priorities every player should keep in mind while playing this mission:

1. Make sure LZ is protected with anti-air defenses. Nexus VTOLs like to make a surprise attack early on here.
2. Use counter-battery to destroy the Nexus missile artillery. Necessary to move around the map better.
3. Destroy the factory immediately South-West of the LZ area. A swarm of VTOLs can destroy it easily.
4. Destroy the Nexus VTOL factories as quickly as possible. This removes the nuisance of air-based threats.

* Completion of Gamma-8 yields a huge amount of power to the player. Consider making lots of units during this mission to make the most out of the system.
WZ2100ModsFAn
Trained
Trained

Post by WZ2100ModsFAn »

Berserk Cyborg wrote: 30 May 2019, 00:58 I saw you are using Pythons, Heavy-Cannons, and bombards still. For the best chance to win you'll want to be using the Tiger or Retribution body paired with Hover or Half-Tracks. Only use Tracks on this mission if you are sure there isn't going to be an archangel spam, otherwise they will be destroyed very fast.

Use the Rail-gun, Pulse laser, and Scourge-missiles on your tanks. Feel free to use Assault-Guns for cyborgs if they are troubling you. Your VTOLs can be equipped with Scourge missiles, Pulse laser, or Bunker Busters. And your Artillery should consist of Hellstorm + ground shaker, and a few ripples or the angel rocket artillery. Cyborgs are useful as death-fodder to distract units or waste the enemy artillery, but usually are not needed.

I would also make use of the 30 minute timer* before entering this mission to make as many units as possible and make the most out of all your power. However, be sure to have a decent amount of power before you go into the offworld mission because you will be building lots of anti-air defenses against VTOLs, building CB towers and artillery for a while (or use a CB turret unit) to knock out the archangel missiles.

When you enter the mission you will need to be quick to build AA defenses, VTOL pads, CB towers, repair facilities, and artillery defenses in base to counter the Nexus archangels. Basically, you need to survive and be prepared for a long tough fight as soon as you exit your LZ area. The intial wave is tough so don't be surprised if there are heavy losses on your end.

Also, the AI is good at using the mobile sensor units which means you will need to watch out for Nexus sensors observing you from afar. So if Nexus artillery is appearing suddenly and you don't see any enemy units nearby, then you'll need to hunt down those sensors.

Here are my recommended priorities every player should keep in mind while playing this mission:

1. Make sure LZ is protected with anti-air defenses. Nexus VTOLs like to make a surprise attack early on here.
2. Use counter-battery to destroy the Nexus missile artillery. Necessary to move around the map better.
3. Destroy the factory immediately South-West of the LZ area. A swarm of VTOLs can destroy it easily.
4. Destroy the Nexus VTOL factories as quickly as possible. This removes the nuisance of air-based threats.

* Completion of Gamma-8 yields a huge amount of power to the player. Consider making lots of units during this mission to make the most out of the system.
You should come up with a guide for the campaign for the newer version.
The one currently found doesn't work on the new version of warzone nowadays.
alfred007
Regular
Regular

Post by alfred007 »

@Berserk Cyborg
I didn't have a look into his savegame so thank you for your clarifications.

WZ2100ModsFAn wrote:You should come up with a guide for the campaign for the newer version...
Illuvalar opened issue #347 about accuracy in the game. Also, Bethrezen, Berserk Cyborg and I started to work on a new balance for the game but stopped this work at the moment because of this issue. I don't know if a code contributor or dev is working on it. If requested I can make a new walkthrough for 3.3 when it's released but it makes no sense to do it sooner.

WZ2100ModsFAn wrote:...The one currently found doesn't work on the new version of warzone nowadays.
The current one is still good enough with a few modifications to win the game. Maybe not with insane difficulty but players that are experienced enough to play insane difficulty doesn't need a walkthrough.
Witcher1990
New user

Post by Witcher1990 »

Thank to your advide I passed the Gamma 9 mission and as a result a whole game :)

I took very many truck in few first transports, built sam sites and artillery in whole LZ and I was rebuilding structures when Nexus destroyed them.

One thing- maybe Warzone never was a real RTS but now it for sure doesn't. It is too much fight, too less strategy. It often comes to build new whelice and send them to battle field :)
Berserk Cyborg
Code contributor
Code contributor

Post by Berserk Cyborg »

Witcher1990 wrote: 30 May 2019, 20:05 One thing- maybe Warzone never was a real RTS but now it for sure doesn't. It is too much fight, too less strategy. It often comes to build new whelice and send them to battle field :)
I disagree. Is that not the definition of the "real time" in RTS? If players are not challenged to adapt to a situation in real time, then, the game (campaign) becomes a repeatitive strategy-only game of destroying bases with little afterthought. It's more "real time" than it has ever been. And while it's true the AI makes much better use of its factories and attack groups than ever before, I do not think that is a bad thing. The aggressiveness of the AI also depends on the chosen difficulty: Easy is easy, and Insane is for those wanting a better challenge over the casual experience. The difficulty choice is much more profound these days.

Gamma-9 is truly the masterpeice of our campaign map design and the most strategy involved mission.
Witcher1990
New user

Post by Witcher1990 »

I have one more note- after passing gamma 8 with 150k energy, I start Gamma 9 with 50k :)
Berserk Cyborg
Code contributor
Code contributor

Post by Berserk Cyborg »

Witcher1990 wrote: 31 May 2019, 10:18 I have one more note- after passing gamma 8 with 150k energy, I start Gamma 9 with 50k :)
Ah, good catch. I forgot to add 50k to the player's current power. Fixed it for the next beta.