Issue with Steam Updating Games Automatically

Here you can see youtube or twitch videos of Warzone 2100 games.
BradySmith
New user

Issue with Steam Updating Games Automatically

Post by BradySmith »

Hello everyone, I am having a serious issue. I have installed Steam on my computer. But the games are getting updated automatically. Can anyone suggest me how to disable steam for updating games automatically? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Tzeentch
Trained
Trained

Re: Issue with Steam Updating Games Automatically

Post by Tzeentch »

What has this got to do with WZ?
... in steam look in your options menus you will see an option to disable updates somewhere.
BradySmith
New user

Post by BradySmith »

Thank you Tzeentch. You are right. I have disabled the games that I want to turn off from automatically updating on the Steam settings by taking help from this article.
Harvey J Allen
New user

Post by Harvey J Allen »

Generally, auto-updates can be easily turned on or off in any app. However, this is not the case with Steam Auto Updates because there is no option to stop updates completely.

By default, Steam Auto updates the game in the background whenever a network connection is available. That way, the games are always up to date and the user doesn't have to worry about it.

To stop Auto update on a single game follow below steps:
Launch Steam
Go to the library
Right-click on a game that interests you and select Assets
A new window will appear. Click the Updates tab
Click the drop-down menu according to automatic updates
Now you have options: always keep this game up to date, update this game only when i start this game, high priority: always update this game automatically in front of others. Just select Update this game when I launch this option.
Remember to disable your internet connection each time before starting a related game.
cybersphinx
Inactive
Inactive

Post by cybersphinx »

Tzeentch wrote: 04 Apr 2021, 10:05 What has this got to do with WZ?
It might just be a way to "naturally" link a random "helpful" site to try to boost its search engine rating.
We want information... information... information.