new headquarters and modeling - all here now.

Get some help with creating maps or modding.
Need a map editor or other tools, look here!
Equal
New user

Re: new headquarters and modeling - all here now.

Post by Equal »

Thx but
so up til now there isnt any screenshot or whatever that shows me that "Ingame" a new / modded Unit/building
walks around/stays (around ^^).
anything but a photomanipulation...
would be rili nice.

1 0 = X
lav_coyote25
Professional
Professional

Post by lav_coyote25 »

Equal wrote: Thx but
so up til now there isnt any screenshot or whatever that shows me that "Ingame" a new / modded Unit/building
walks around/stays (around ^^).
anything but a photomanipulation...
would be rili nice.

1 0 = X
well... it would have been ingame had it been completed....but the developer went else where on a different game. :(

http://lavcoyote25.spaces.live.com/
look for the picture album called "  Posibilities are Approaching!!!!  " ;D
‎"to prepare for disaster is to invite it, to not prepare for disaster is a fools choice" -me (kim-lav_coyote25-metcalfe) - it used to be attributed to unknown - but adding the last bit , it now makes sense.
DevUrandom
Regular
Regular

Post by DevUrandom »

Hey! Those are Grim's trucks. :)
I wonder how he got them into the game... He didn't model that in PIESlicer, did he?
Maybe someone has still contact to him and can ask him if no one knows how it worked...
Watermelon
Code contributor
Code contributor

Post by Watermelon »

DevUrandom wrote: Hey! Those are Grim's trucks. :)
I wonder how he got them into the game... He didn't model that in PIESlicer, did he?
Maybe someone has still contact to him and can ask him if no one knows how it worked...
maybe he can visualize the model in his head when creating a pie file with text editor...

anyways,I think we still have some problems even if we got a new format:

1.the current renderer cant read float vertices:
this is not a big issue,changing scanf to read float is as easy as kage mentioned and it wont break back-compatibility
2.the current renderer cant render float vertices:
this is very hard to fix,because there are shift operations everywhere in wz source,changing int to float in struct of model will result in massive breaks in clip/draw functions
3.we need replacement of 2D animation on cyborg and baba ppl,cyborg orientation changes and the baba ppl anim should be 3D animation rather than a 2D sprite...
4.triangle faced polygons for better/faster rendering(basically wz just recompute each polygon's vertices every frame atm...),this should eliminate the overhead of huge amount of gl calls and make models suitable for display list or VBO.
Last edited by DevUrandom on 17 Mar 2007, 19:34, edited 1 time in total.
tasks postponed until the trunk is relatively stable again.
Kyor
Trained
Trained

Post by Kyor »

I'm trying to do something like it, but texturized =]
kage
Regular
Regular

Post by kage »

GrimMoroe wrote: For those interested I used pie slicer for that and getting it ingame is easy enough, you just gotta know how.  :P
yeah... i don't see anything in there that violates PIE 2 rules... just damned fine pie slicing.

btw, if we have the pie slicer source, someone might want to see about adding floating point support for PIE 5, since it seems like the devs aren't very far off from implementing that in warzone. since, iirc, pie slicer was written in vb, if nobody wants to touch that, i can easily enough write a python script that'll shrink all coords by a user defined value, and convert texture coords to the [0-1] range, and you'd just have to make models in pie slicer 10x bigger for precision in the tenths of a point.
NEXUS Destruction
Trained
Trained

Post by NEXUS Destruction »

what about putting some weapons on it like 4 vindicators??

here's the code for them
Missile-HvySAM O_o O_o O_o