new headquarters and modeling - all here now.

Get some help with creating maps or modding.
Need a map editor or other tools, look here!
Suprano
Rookie
Rookie

Re: new headquarters and modeling - all here now.

Post by Suprano »

I've seen Rodzilla around 2 time in the last 2 Weeks, i just always was to late to talk to him.
I was been told that he wrote once a Blender-Pie converter

--Ano
rush2049
Trained
Trained

Post by rush2049 »

yes, he did write one or so I think... but as he stated on another forums RTS forums he would relese it once I got this headquarters model finished, but as you know from my emails that school is holding me back at the moment, and sadley, but I hate to admit it, school takes priority for me here... sorry guys...
System:AMD Phenom II x6 1055T @3.511ghz, 8GB DDR3 @1672.2mhz 9-9-9-24, Geforce GTX 275
Lixtan
Trained
Trained

Post by Lixtan »

That's why I've been working on them. =p Though, for the same reason, I haven't been around to post on the site, much at all, or work on models. School is such a hindrance. =(
eikei
Rookie
Rookie

Post by eikei »

...so there is only one way to create new models for WZ - MANUAL :'(
Sorry for my English:)
DevUrandom
Regular
Regular

Post by DevUrandom »

Nope, there exists this 3d max export plugin: http://wz2100.net/forum/index.php?topic=133.0
eikei
Rookie
Rookie

Post by eikei »

Yes, but it is not completely workable. As Terminator said, it still doesn't export textures information. And it also sometimes makes mistakes with polygons.
Sorry for my English:)
Lixtan
Trained
Trained

Post by Lixtan »

It's not entirely related to the specific topic that is raging amongst this thread, but I have finished a variety of stuff. Rush, and myself, have decided that we should first work on early first campaign models, first, and move in chronological order from there. That way, whenever we get the .pie converter, we can remake demos of Warzone from the early campaign, with the new models, and lighting, etc.

Anyway...

http://img292.imageshack.us/img292/7727 ... entgs9.jpg
http://img156.imageshack.us/img156/4331 ... etsah5.jpg
http://img341.imageshack.us/img341/118/wzbaseex4.jpg

That's pretty much what I have done so far. The first is a simple layout of everything, the second is just the turrets, and the third was me having a bit of fun (Quite obviously.).
DevUrandom
Regular
Regular

Post by DevUrandom »

SWEEEET!
The details on the turrets are quite nice! (The one with the 2 tubes at the end is a flamer?)

(Even thought what I think shall be walls(am I wrong?) more look like a timber fence... Probably could be a little more "mighty"...)
karmazilla
Trained
Trained

Post by karmazilla »

Nice models. Those walls look fit for the scavengers.
DevUrandom
Regular
Regular

Post by DevUrandom »

karmazilla wrote: Those walls look fit for the scavengers.
That would fit of course!
Lixtan
Trained
Trained

Post by Lixtan »

Oh, excuse the confusion. Those walls were made specifically for the Scavengers. :)

My thinking was, as soon as we can get a (forsaken) program to convert our model format to .PIE, we could replace the old models with these, and perhaps re-release a demo, with new models, and textures. So, Rush and I decided to start with the early-game things, first, and work up from there, so we can add on to the demo, each bit of technology at a time.

In that sense, we're going to complete the Scavenger, and early technology stuff, and then release whatever we have done, and all you coders can put it into a demo.

Our only problem is:
•We don't like doing textures.
•We're not good at doing textures.

Ergo, we need a texture artist. Anyone think they're up to it?
We would very much love anyone who did so. (Well, maybe not love... I don't know about Rush, but I have a woman for that. :P)

EDIT: DevUrandum: Yes, that is a flamer turret. =p I like it, too. I think it's sexy. (Of course, I made it, so of course I do..)
Troman
Trained
Trained

Post by Troman »

We have always been low on texture artists unfortunately. We can only hope we can attract some new members who are into texturizing stuff.
?topic=1617.0
DevUrandom
Regular
Regular

Post by DevUrandom »

You are always talking about a demo... Which demo?
Everyone can and is encouraged to download the whole game, so a demo in the sense of advertising needed for comercial games is not needed here.
What we could do is release something like a special effects trailer video or similar... (But that needs _much_ works on the graphics, especially on the textures. *sigh*)
Lixtan
Trained
Trained

Post by Lixtan »

Well, I think you don't understand what a 'demo' really is.

Demo is short for demonstration.

Once we have a suitable amount of new models and textures, we could release a demonstration client, with the new stuff, separate from the actual game. That's just for us to show off, and perhaps make us look good. :P
Last edited by Lixtan on 17 Nov 2006, 03:40, edited 1 time in total.
DevUrandom
Regular
Regular

Post by DevUrandom »

Still I don't see the sense. Why should someone download a demo if he can also download the full game (which would be of about the same size)?
A trailer video would make sense, even though it would require lots of work in the demonstrated parts of the game...