flaME -- The Warzone 2100 Map Editor [pre 1.10 thread]

Get some help with creating maps or modding.
Need a map editor or other tools, look here!
User avatar
BlueMaxima
Trained
Trained
Posts: 431
Joined: 05 Jun 2008, 09:20
Location: Sydney, Australia
Contact:

Re: flaME -- The Warzone 2100 Map Editor

Post by BlueMaxima » 13 May 2010, 12:59

Mats: There isn't a full set of tiles for every, in lack of a better word, 'situation' that the heightmaps are going to be in - the cliffs that aren't painted are tiles that don't have their own unique texture. Solution? Paint on cliff textures with the Terrain Viewer pane.

Sorry if that's a little confusing :/
Bring back...ducks!

Mats
Trained
Trained
Posts: 137
Joined: 31 Jan 2010, 16:22
Location: Various

Re: flaME -- The Warzone 2100 Map Editor

Post by Mats » 13 May 2010, 13:02

That makes perfect sense! Thanks :)
Full of ideas - Most are probably useless. Feel free to ignore them :)

newp_samT150
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 19
Joined: 26 Apr 2010, 23:49

Re: flaME -- The Warzone 2100 Map Editor

Post by newp_samT150 » 16 May 2010, 23:53

Is there any way to use flaME on Ubuntu. Cus thats what I have and i couldnt get it working

User avatar
macuser
Regular
Regular
Posts: 1052
Joined: 19 Mar 2010, 23:35
Location: USA
Contact:

Re: flaME -- The Warzone 2100 Map Editor

Post by macuser » 17 May 2010, 00:56

ArtRev Website

ImageImage

System: AMD Phenom II x4, 4GB RAM, 640GB HD, Nvidia GeForce GT 240 1GB, Mac OS X 10.6

User avatar
MaNGusT
Art contributor
Posts: 1109
Joined: 22 Sep 2006, 10:31
Location: Polar region, Russia

Re: flaME -- The Warzone 2100 Map Editor

Post by MaNGusT » 22 May 2010, 12:48

Image

Dylan Hsu
Banned
Banned
Posts: 183
Joined: 06 Jul 2009, 00:02

Re: flaME -- The Warzone 2100 Map Editor

Post by Dylan Hsu » 22 May 2010, 15:53

Olrox wrote: Then suggest that and ask nicely, perhaps? It doesn't hurt anybody. Try wearing different hats sometimes, it's a learning/growing experience all the way around :P
Nobody asked you to be a parent or a therapist.

User avatar
Roux Le Corps
Regular
Regular
Posts: 741
Joined: 11 May 2010, 07:42
Location: Deep in the mountain ranges

Re: flaME -- The Warzone 2100 Map Editor

Post by Roux Le Corps » 23 May 2010, 11:03

stop please dylan
Image

User avatar
Olrox
Art contributor
Posts: 1999
Joined: 03 Jul 2007, 19:10

Re: flaME -- The Warzone 2100 Map Editor

Post by Olrox » 23 May 2010, 21:49

Dylan Hsu wrote: Nobody asked you to be a parent or a therapist.
Let's try to avoid making the admins split this topic:
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=5434&p=56793#p56793

~Olrox

User avatar
Zi-Chan
Trained
Trained
Posts: 180
Joined: 12 Aug 2008, 01:06

Re: flaME -- The Warzone 2100 Map Editor

Post by Zi-Chan » 28 May 2010, 04:45

macuser wrote:viewtopic.php?f=5&t=4630&start=292 :)

-regards macuser
Could you please reupload your Map Editor as the GNU/Linux Version? I can't open those Archives on my GNU/Linux - the error message says: Can't open them as Archives. :?
And please as a single File - can't extract them together when it's in the 7z-format. I suggest tar.gz. Though, rar or zip would do the job too, i just have problems with 7z for some reason.
:ninja:

User avatar
NoQ
Special
Special
Posts: 6226
Joined: 24 Dec 2009, 11:35
Location: /var/zone

Re: flaME -- The Warzone 2100 Map Editor

Post by NoQ » 28 May 2010, 12:30

And please as a single File - can't extract them together when it's in the 7z-format. I suggest tar.gz. Though, rar or zip would do the job too, i just have problems with 7z for some reason.
I had no problems with them (arch linux). But the editor still doesn't work well under wine ^^. I use it in a virtualbox right now.

User avatar
macuser
Regular
Regular
Posts: 1052
Joined: 19 Mar 2010, 23:35
Location: USA
Contact:

Re: flaME -- The Warzone 2100 Map Editor

Post by macuser » 28 May 2010, 15:58

Zi-Chan wrote:
macuser wrote:viewtopic.php?f=5&t=4630&start=292 :)

-regards macuser
Could you please reupload your Map Editor as the GNU/Linux Version? I can't open those Archives on my GNU/Linux - the error message says: Can't open them as Archives. :?
And please as a single File - can't extract them together when it's in the 7z-format. I suggest tar.gz. Though, rar or zip would do the job too, i just have problems with 7z for some reason.
NO. The reason they were in that format was so I could split them into two files (the upload limit here is 2 MB)
ArtRev Website

ImageImage

System: AMD Phenom II x4, 4GB RAM, 640GB HD, Nvidia GeForce GT 240 1GB, Mac OS X 10.6

User avatar
Zi-Chan
Trained
Trained
Posts: 180
Joined: 12 Aug 2008, 01:06

Re: flaME -- The Warzone 2100 Map Editor

Post by Zi-Chan » 28 May 2010, 19:22

hao wrote:I had no problems with them (arch linux). But the editor still doesn't work well under wine ^^. I use it in a virtualbox right now.
Well, i want GNU/Linux-native applications. :? Which one do you use?
macuser wrote:NO. The reason they were in that format was so I could split them into two files (the upload limit here is 2 MB)
You can split up rars too - 7zip just provides better compression and is the better choice when it's about free software. :hmm: Just upload it somewhere else. Can't believe, you got a file size limit of 2mb.
:ninja:

User avatar
Emdek
Regular
Regular
Posts: 1329
Joined: 24 Jan 2010, 13:14
Location: Poland
Contact:

Re: flaME -- The Warzone 2100 Map Editor

Post by Emdek » 28 May 2010, 21:28

Zi-Chan wrote:
hao wrote:I had no problems with them (arch linux). But the editor still doesn't work well under wine ^^. I use it in a virtualbox right now.
Well, i want GNU/Linux-native applications. :? Which one do you use?
There is one work in progress (currently can only read existing maps and display some information) but it will take some time to finish it (maybe one or two months, depends on free time of our developers).
Nadszedł już czas, najwyższy czas, nienawiść zniszczyć w sobie.
The time has come, the high time, to destroy hatred in oneself.


Beware! Mad Qt Evangelist.

User avatar
macuser
Regular
Regular
Posts: 1052
Joined: 19 Mar 2010, 23:35
Location: USA
Contact:

Re: flaME -- The Warzone 2100 Map Editor

Post by macuser » 28 May 2010, 21:37

Zi-Chan wrote:
hao wrote:But the editor still doesn't well under wine ^^. I use it in a virtualbox right now.
Well, i want GNU/Linux-native applications. :? Which one do you use?
That was before I started to port it.

Oh and here is 7zip for linux. http://p7zip.sourceforge.net/

-regards macuser
ArtRev Website

ImageImage

System: AMD Phenom II x4, 4GB RAM, 640GB HD, Nvidia GeForce GT 240 1GB, Mac OS X 10.6

User avatar
Zi-Chan
Trained
Trained
Posts: 180
Joined: 12 Aug 2008, 01:06

Re: flaME -- The Warzone 2100 Map Editor

Post by Zi-Chan » 29 May 2010, 06:32

Emdek wrote:There is one work in progress (currently can only read existing maps and display some information) but it will take some time to finish it (maybe one or two months, depends on free time of our developers).
Interesting. Looking forward to it. I suppose you don't work together with flail13. :)
macuser wrote:Oh and here is 7zip for linux. http://p7zip.sourceforge.net/
I know, p7zip is the standard recommendation for my Distribution (Ubuntu). Got that installed already, it doesn't work with your files.

Trying to open one file alone:

Code: Select all

Error: /home/qi/Desktop/Debug2.7z: Can not open file as archive
Errors: 1
Trying to extract both files after renaming them (.001 and .002):

Code: Select all

Error: /home/qi/Desktop/Debug.7z.001: E_FAIL                
Errors: 1
As i asked: Could you please recompress & reupload them? Maybe the files got unreadable for p7zip for some reason. Or choose another format. I wanna try your editor. :|
:ninja:

Post Reply