flaME -- The Warzone 2100 Map Editor [pre 1.10 thread]

Get some help with creating maps or modding.
Need a map editor or other tools, look here!
Merowingg
Regular
Regular

Re: flaME -- The Warzone 2100 Map Editor

Post by Merowingg »

Please.. can someone explain to me what those red lines in roads menu are for ??.. how to use them ??
“Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, and ideas are bulletproof.” - V

"Mark my words boy, Mark them well, I have survived your predecessors and I will survive you." - Merovingian

Regards - Mero
Buginator
Professional
Professional

Post by Buginator »

hao wrote:
Buginator wrote: The way warzone works is, it looks for the unique name, if it can't find it, then it requests the map from the host.
Currently, it does a file size check, and that is all, it will then overwrite the old map with the new map, as long as the maps have the same external name if the file size is different.
If it does find the unique name, then.. well, yeah, Houston, we have a problem.
Yeah, this needs to be improved upon. :stressed:
Houston, we have a problem. I'm not sure i've understood this post correctly, but i've just found that an updated map is NOT downloaded even if its file size is different.
Right, if it finds the same name, then it doesn't even get to the file size check.
The file size check is for when it can't find the same unique name, but it does have a file with the same name.
I know this is poor, but, add it to the tons of things that needs to be rewritten for Warzone. :stressed:
and it ends here.
Buginator
Professional
Professional

Post by Buginator »

Flail13, do you have any enhancements in mind for the editor ?
Like, are you thinking of adding support for custom textures and or decals ? Something else ?
and it ends here.
Flail13
Code contributor
Code contributor

Post by Flail13 »

I haven't been working on those things. Are they needed?
What do you mean by "decals"?
The only thing I've been trying to make recently is a random map generator. Currently it only makes a heightmap.
Mysteryem
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Mysteryem »

Flail13 wrote:I haven't been working on those things. Are they needed?
The only thing I've been trying to make recently is a random map generator. Currently it only makes a heightmap.
Decals are things like roads, craters and rocks. They are the little details that make an area more interesting.
"...If pure awesomeness were bricks, this would be the Great Wall of China...
The glory of this has collapsed on its self so far, that even the neutrons have collapsed."
Merowingg
Regular
Regular

Post by Merowingg »

I agree, I have been using roads especially, I was tought here that the details are very important, maybe even the most :)
“Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, and ideas are bulletproof.” - V

"Mark my words boy, Mark them well, I have survived your predecessors and I will survive you." - Merovingian

Regards - Mero
BrickTop
Trained
Trained

Post by BrickTop »

Flail13 wrote:I haven't been working on those things. Are they needed?

Hi all its time to say thank u flail13 for this great work.all my maps are made with flame.and i like it.
And ya i need those things.because it would be good, to use own custom textures and maybe more decals, so youre allowed to make the maps looking much nicer.

regards BrickTop :)
http://retroshare.sourceforge.net/
Secure communication for everyone.
Flail13
Code contributor
Code contributor

Post by Flail13 »

ok... ill work on adding in custom textures.

im assuming these things about how to implement it:
- they need to be loaded in the tileset\tile-##.png format
- the custom texture folder would need to be copied to a new "tilesets\" folder in the flaME directory by the user
- tile-17.png is the water graphic for all tiles with transparency on any tileset?
- texture number 17 means that a tile will be all water on any tileset?
- the custom texture graphics folder, .radar file, changes to .lev and a wrf file would need to be included in the .wz file
- would need the ability to make custom brushes to use with the custom tilesets.

you should be able to use custom features by replacing the files in the "default\" folder. Does something else need to be done there?
Buginator
Professional
Professional

Post by Buginator »

Flail13 wrote:ok... ill work on adding in custom textures.

im assuming these things about how to implement it:
- they need to be loaded in the tileset\tile-##.png format
- the custom texture folder would need to be copied to a new "tilesets\" folder in the flaME directory by the user
- tile-17.png is the water graphic for all tiles with transparency on any tileset?
- texture number 17 means that a tile will be all water on any tileset?
- the custom texture graphics folder, .radar file, changes to .lev and a wrf file would need to be included in the .wz file
- would need the ability to make custom brushes to use with the custom tilesets.

you should be able to use custom features by replacing the files in the "default\" folder. Does something else need to be done there?
I was asking, since we are changing things around, and I didn't want you to work on this stuff before we have a 'final' version done.
Basically, there will be no more updates for 2.3.x, (at least, I am 95% sure of that) and we are moving on to the newer rendering engine.
I have externalized support for the textures / tiles, so the way things get drawn is a bit different from how 2.3 handles things.
That is why I wanted to check with you to what your plans are.

I would say hold off a bit for this stuff, and I'll let you know when we have the new releases out.
Sorry about the confusion.
and it ends here.
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

I have one tiny question. The following set of houses doesn't seem to overlap:
Houses (:
Houses (:
bug.png (181.11 KiB) Viewed 6400 times
But FlaME complains there's an overlap here, and draws the warehouse's rectangle incorrectly. The warehouse is rotated.

I wonder if it's just a little bug in FlaME, or the game will complain about this as well.
macuser
Regular
Regular

Post by macuser »

Yeah AFAIK thats a flAME bug.
ArtRev Website

ImageImage

System: AMD Phenom II x4, 4GB RAM, 640GB HD, Nvidia GeForce GT 240 1GB, Mac OS X 10.6
Flail13
Code contributor
Code contributor

Post by Flail13 »

I haven't tested it much, but I doubt Warzone rotates the base of a unit. AFAIK, how it is in flaME is how it is in-game.
Antonio
New user

Post by Antonio »

has another program that replaces the. workframe.because net, I can not install it, I wanted to see if there was another.
until then thanks.
Merowingg
Regular
Regular

Post by Merowingg »

Ok I have just downloaded 1 10 :) I hope it will be a good tool to work with :)

By the way I think it is better to think things over and do not rush with releases :)

But the best way to check the flaMe for example is to give it to mapmakers :)

Regards - Mero
tmp500
Trained
Trained

Post by tmp500 »

hey i tried the flame editor and got frustrated with how the cam works.... ill might try it again, once its intuitive to rotate and move around. i guess im just used to the normal 3d programs where you either rotate with middle mouse button move with alt+left button or something like that. the brush features look good tough! one last thought on the height brush. it would be nice to just have an inverse of the buildup brush mapped to ctrl. so modelling the height with lets say +100 would give you -100 with the ctrl key. but that would be a minor feature that would be nice. but i think it would speed up the process.

keep it up, nice work, tmp