flaME -- The Warzone 2100 Map Editor [pre 1.10 thread]

Get some help with creating maps or modding.
Need a map editor or other tools, look here!
Buginator
Professional
Professional

Re: flaME -- The Warzone 2100 Map Editor

Post by Buginator »

Flail13 wrote:Buginator, here is a test map with 7 players and scavengers.
Thanks.

One slight issue I need to clear up.
It should have been "7c-ScavsAnd7Players.xplayers.lev"
wz2100-20100918_123945-ScavsAnd7Players-T3.png
and it ends here.
Merowingg
Regular
Regular

Post by Merowingg »

Ok time to download this version :) I warked all the time on flaMe 1 2 now is the time for changes :)
“Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, and ideas are bulletproof.” - V

"Mark my words boy, Mark them well, I have survived your predecessors and I will survive you." - Merovingian

Regards - Mero
Merowingg
Regular
Regular

Post by Merowingg »

Great :)

First few hours in new flaME 1 8 and I am delighted :) previously I had 1 2 ...

I am really satisfird :)

Very good job gentlemen :)

Thank you :)
“Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, and ideas are bulletproof.” - V

"Mark my words boy, Mark them well, I have survived your predecessors and I will survive you." - Merovingian

Regards - Mero
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

Well, just make sure you place oil derricks only above existing oil resources ;)
P.S. Flail13, i still have a feeling you can safely remove this check, or at least provide some trivial automatic fix for it: it doesn't seem to make any sense, but is making re-editing old maps a bit painful (:
P.P.S. Yeah, You are doing great job Flail (:
Merowingg
Regular
Regular

Post by Merowingg »

Well, just make sure you place oil derricks only above existing oil resources ;)
Hao can you explain please what do you mean by that ?? is something different ?? or shall I put oil derrick exactly on oil yes.. ??

And I have a question, when I am making a river for example, what to set to have nice edges of it ?? I hope you understand what I mean.. I am using terrarian painter, water, on grass, and it has aquare banks and edges..

help..

Regards - Mero
Merowingg
Regular
Regular

Post by Merowingg »

What "road type" function is for ??

how to use it ??

Regards - Mero
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

And I have a question, when I am making a river for example, what to set to have nice edges of it ?? I hope you understand what I mean.. I am using terrarian painter, water, on grass, and it has aquare banks and edges..
Try reinterpreting terrain (misc tab) before painting.
What "road type" function is for ??
It tells wether road painting tool will draw roads or tracks.
Merowingg
Regular
Regular

Post by Merowingg »

Hao can you please explain me how to use road painting tool ?? I dont get it.. it draws red lines that i cant deleate later on..

Regards - Mero
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

Roads and tracks can be painted only on a very limited number of terrain types. Only on dirt in rocky tileset. Only on red on arizona. Afaik. Painting on other terrains results in missing ("red") tiles.
Flail13
Code contributor
Code contributor

Post by Flail13 »

To delete roads: click the "Erase" button under "Road Type", then use the road tools on the existing roads.

edit:
Buginator wrote:Unsure if you want to do this, but you could also have a description box, and people type in whatever there, and then, include a mapinfo.readme file in the .wz ?
What for?
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

Buginator wrote:
KenAlcock wrote: Just out of curiosity, what would happen if the following sequential events took place?
  1. ...
The way warzone works is, it looks for the unique name, if it can't find it, then it requests the map from the host.
Currently, it does a file size check, and that is all, it will then overwrite the old map with the new map, as long as the maps have the same external name if the file size is different.
If it does find the unique name, then.. well, yeah, Houston, we have a problem.
Yeah, this needs to be improved upon. :stressed:
Houston, we have a problem. I'm not sure i've understood this post correctly, but i've just found that an updated map is NOT downloaded even if its file size is different.
Flail13
Code contributor
Code contributor

Post by Flail13 »

hao, I think we need to give every version of a map a unique name.

I've uploaded version 1.10 of flaME.

You have to select a font in the options->display menu before any text will appear in the view of the map.
The problem ninjatoast was having might be fixed.

I skipped 1.09 because I compiled a couple of maps with it before it was finished.
Merowingg
Regular
Regular

Post by Merowingg »

Hello Gentlemen :)

Please explain to me very clearly step by step how to use roads feature ??.. I dont get it..

Road type ?? how it works ??

sides lines ?? what is that feature for ??

What are those red lines that I paint and cant deleate it :((

Please simply from beginning step by step..

Regards - Mero
Zarel
Elite
Elite

Post by Zarel »

hao wrote:Houston, we have a problem. I'm not sure i've understood this post correctly, but i've just found that an updated map is NOT downloaded even if its file size is different.
You're supposed to add version numbers to the map name to prevent these problems. =|
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

Well, but i failed to do it for quite some time already :|
Most of my maps have changed several times without changing the name, because i tried to "release early, release often" :|