flaME -- The Warzone 2100 Map Editor [pre 1.10 thread]

Get some help with creating maps or modding.
Need a map editor or other tools, look here!
macuser
Regular
Regular

Re: flaME -- The Warzone 2100 Map Editor

Post by macuser »

What I think you did is just rename

debug.7z to debug.7z.001

debug2.7z to debug2.7z.002 INSTEAD OF debug.7z.002 NOT debug2.7z.002

so correct: debug.7z.002
incorrect: debug2.7z.002

and YES it does make a big difference

-regards macuser
ArtRev Website

ImageImage

System: AMD Phenom II x4, 4GB RAM, 640GB HD, Nvidia GeForce GT 240 1GB, Mac OS X 10.6
Zi-Chan
Trained
Trained

Post by Zi-Chan »

macuser wrote:debug2.7z to debug2.7z.002 INSTEAD OF debug.7z.002 NOT debug2.7z.002
Hahaha ... Funny. Thanks, why did i not notice? :lol2: O_o
macuser wrote:and YES it does make a big difference
Logically. It works now. :wink:

But too bad, it's no GNU/Linux-native application, it's a windows version for running with wine. Doesn't work at me with my Wine. :| hao seems to use another version of it. Anyway, thanks for your Response. Also gonna use a virtualbox now, since i still got a Windows XP-CD from my windows times. It's just a bad reason to use another system for me. :stare:

Looking forward to a GNU/Linux-native version of an Editor. Visual Basic is only for Windows and can not be compiled as native applications for other operating systems. Don't get me wrong, of course you sould continue working on your Editor and i really appreciate your Work like many others do for sure, but VB is just not modern in my opinion, because it's not cross-platform compatible. :?

Apart from that i could help with compiling programs and creating .deb-Packages for Debian-based GNU/Linux-Distributions. :)
:ninja:
macuser
Regular
Regular

Post by macuser »

NO. IT is NOT for use with wine. I repeat. NOT. It is also not a windows only app. Just like java is cross platform, the .net environment can be ported. HOWEVER if you read my system requirements you would see you need to download the mono runtime for linux (the .net runtime port for linux). Happy mapping :)
ArtRev Website

ImageImage

System: AMD Phenom II x4, 4GB RAM, 640GB HD, Nvidia GeForce GT 240 1GB, Mac OS X 10.6
Zi-Chan
Trained
Trained

Post by Zi-Chan »

macuser wrote:NO. IT is NOT for use with wine. I repeat. NOT. It is also not a windows only app. Just like java is cross platform, the .net environment can be ported.
The .NET Framework can't be installed on anything else than Windows without massive effort, if at all. And i got two .exes here extracted from the two Debug-Archives - flaME.exe and flaME.vshost.exe - Windows files which can be run by using Wine and both don't start at me using it (v1.2rc1) - i tried Emulation of Windows 98, XP and Seven. I can't run .exe files without Wine, so i have to. :stare:
The content of your archives: http://www.imagebanana.com/img/lv5x6aj/debug.jpg

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Visual_Bas ... evelopment
Well, Visual Basic seems to be cross-platform, by using the Mono Runtime at GNU/Linux, but your files are Windows files and i can't start them. :(
macuser wrote:HOWEVER if you read my system requirements you would see you need to download the mono runtime for linux (the .net runtime port for linux). Happy mapping :)
I already got the Mono Runtime (v2.4.4) and it does not work. Maybe 2.4.4 isn't the latest Version of it. I don't even know if Wine uses Mono. There must be something missing. :hmm:
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

I've got a very simple question; it must have been answered somewhere already, so just link me here please.

Is it possible to use custom tiles with flaME? For example, i draw a tile as *.jpg/*.png/whatever and somehow put it on the map? Or is there another way to add them after the map is exported as *.wz? (i just need 8 or 16 customized tiles on the whole map).

P.S. Hey, Zi-Chan, i've just figured out how to run flaME [more or less] natively in Linux!! You don't need wine; you need mono with visual basic; in my ArchLinux this is done by installing mono and mono-basic packages. Then you unzip these 7zips into some directory and say "mono flaME.exe", and it works!!
Attachments
scr.jpg
Crymson
Trained
Trained

Post by Crymson »

I don't think FlaME can build maps using custom tiles.

Flail13, I was waiting for a build that works with diorama maps, so I can edit those.
Zi-Chan
Trained
Trained

Post by Zi-Chan »

hao wrote:P.S. Hey, Zi-Chan, i've just figured out how to run flaME [more or less] natively in Linux!! You don't need wine; you need mono with visual basic; in my ArchLinux this is done by installing mono and mono-basic packages. Then you unzip these 7zips into some directory and say "mono flaME.exe", and it works!!
There are no packages called "mono" or "mono-basic" for my Distribution, but i just installed "libmono-microsoft-visualbasic8.0-cil" and it worked like you said. Thanks, but well, as you said, it works "more or less" - it doesn't load the tiles and the tiletypes and i can't quit the program without closing the terminal (it always asks me to save the current changes to the map) so it's visual basically unusasble.
Guess i have to stick for a while with VirtualBox. :annoyed:

~ Zi-Chan (who eats bread with margarine)
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

Hmm, it works pretty well for me actually :S Just shows some strange error message at startup, and some buttons are ugly, but all the rest works.
And it was not "more or less works", but just "more or less natively" XD

Code: Select all

$ mono --version
Mono JIT compiler version 2.6.4 (tarball Di 18. Mai 22:03:29 CEST 2010)
Copyright (C) 2002-2010 Novell, Inc and Contributors. www.mono-project.com
	TLS:           __thread
	GC:            Included Boehm (with typed GC and Parallel Mark)
	SIGSEGV:       altstack
	Notifications: epoll
	Architecture:  x86
	Disabled:      none
m1ndgames
Trained
Trained

Post by m1ndgames »

One Question:

Ive edited the 4 player otok map (from addons) so players have a valid starting point, then... i played around with textures and hit "Set all Triangles" + "Re-interpret Terrain"...

After that... i could play multiplayer games against the Ai, but warzone crashes right after someone connects to the host.

I uploaded the map as attachement, maybe some of you more advanced mappers can tell me whats the cause of the crash?!

\edit:

the outposts i've set are the problem here... when i remove them it works... why does it crash? do i need all buildings for a "small base" set?
Attachments
4c-otok_fixed.wz
The changed otok map
(4.27 KiB) Downloaded 284 times
Flail13
Code contributor
Code contributor

Post by Flail13 »

Crymson,
I thought I got flaME working with diorama maps. It still wont open them?
Crymson
Trained
Trained

Post by Crymson »

Flail13 wrote:Crymson,
I thought I got flaME working with diorama maps. It still wont open them?
Not the last version I tried, unless you did a update recently?

Also, did Buginator ever get in touch with you about adding error checking in flaME? For example, with flaME, you can make maps that compile OK, but those same maps in editworld32 come back with errors, like you must have a HQ and at least 2 trucks, but I forgot the exact wording.

Some messages
Maximum map size now limited to 250x250, as this is the largest the game, specificly the gateway
system can safely handle.
also look at http://developer.wz2100.net/wiki/EditWorldTutorial01 since I can't seem to find the editworld docs online anymore.
Per
Warzone 2100 Team Member
Warzone 2100 Team Member

Post by Per »

Yes, please add a check for HQs having been added for all normal players (ie not scavs). The game gets really confused when there are no HQs in the map, even though it loads.
Crymson
Trained
Trained

Post by Crymson »

Need to add in filename size checks as well, the full name can't be over 17 characters.
Buginator
Professional
Professional

Post by Buginator »

I sent a e-mail for the known issues, that I can think of right now.

Sorry about this Crymson, I forgot all about it. :oops:
and it ends here.
Flail13
Code contributor
Code contributor

Post by Flail13 »

The error checking is mostly ready. I have some questions before I finish it off...

With HQs, is any structure with a "HQ" type-field acceptable for multiplayer, such as the NEXUS, NP and Collective HQs, or does it need to use only the project's "A0CommandCentre"?

I had limited the map name to 14 characters already. Should I increase this to 17, so 20 with the 2c- infront?

I've put in a check for a "ConstructionDroid". Do you want this? and should it allow the "ConstructorDroid" as well?