WDG EXPLORER

Get some help with creating maps or modding.
Need a map editor or other tools, look here!
ALiEN987
Greenhorn

WDG EXPLORER

Post by ALiEN987 »

Cant seem to find it anywhere. Could someone slip me a copy. I am trying to convert a map I created with the old EditWorld. I would greatly appreciate it.
Rman Virgil
Professional
Professional

Re: WDG EXPLORER

Post by Rman Virgil »

I can post it tomorow when I get back home to Colorado - unless some one gets it to you before then.

ALSO - Buginator made a specific tool for this conversion process which I have but last I heard he didn't want it distributed anymore.

- RV :cool:

Impact = C x (R + E + A + T + E)

Contrast
Reach
Exposure
Articulation
Trust
Echo
KukY
Regular
Regular

Post by KukY »

Wibble199
Trained
Trained

Post by Wibble199 »

Rman Virgil wrote:ALSO - Buginator made a specific tool for this conversion process which I have but last I heard he didn't want it distributed anymore.
Hmm...
Why would that be then?
Surely a tool like this is quite useful? :hmm:
KukY
Regular
Regular

Post by KukY »

Wibble199 wrote:Hmm...
Why would that be then?
Well, it is useful and works great, but from what I remember he doesn't want it released becuase that is just the beta version, and he won't make the final version becuase he lost the source code(?)
However, I still have beta version of that tool, and I sometimes use it. I even have it uploaded [xxx], but it is password protected to fulfill Buginator's wishes of not continuing to distribute beta versions.
Last edited by Buginator on 18 Sep 2010, 02:46, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: don't link to it.
Buginator
Professional
Professional

Post by Buginator »

KukY wrote:
Wibble199 wrote:Hmm...
Why would that be then?
Well, it is useful and works great, but from what I remember he doesn't want it released becuase that is just the beta version, and he won't make the final version becuase he lost the source code(?)
However, I still have beta version of that tool, and I sometimes use it. I even have it uploaded [xxx], but it is password protected to fulfill Buginator's wishes of not continuing to distribute beta versions.
No, the source wasn't lost. It is archived.
The issue was, it has some bugs in it, which can cause WZ "issues" and I wanted to fix it, but I got discouraged, so... well.. it is archived.

Anyway, as long as the person who made the map wants it converted, then I don't have a problem with someone (who knows what they are doing) to convert it for them.

You are correct that I don't want the beta version to be floating around, since I don't want to support it, since I know it has "issues". So no linking. :stare:
and it ends here.
ALiEN987
Greenhorn

Post by ALiEN987 »

Thanks Kuky