FlaME -- The Warzone 2100 Map Editor

Get some help with creating maps or modding.
Need a map editor or other tools, look here!
duda
Trained
Trained

Re: FlaME -- The Warzone 2100 Map Editor

Post by duda »

Giani wrote:How do I make smooth cliffs?
And how to delete features?
smooth:
using the smooth brush in the height-tab
or using some blur effect on the heightmap with an image manipulation program

delete objects:
go to object properties - tab and then click on features and press del-key on keyboard

:lecture:
"unit is under attack!", "unit is under attack!", unit is under attack!" then i wake up ... (true story)
Giani
Regular
Regular

Post by Giani »

duda wrote:
smooth:
I can't find it :|
And another question: how can I rotate structures or features?
My maps: http://forums.wz2100.net/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=9501
duda
Trained
Trained

Post by duda »

Giani wrote:
duda wrote:
smooth:
I can't find it :|
And another question: how can I rotate structures or features?
smooth and change
smooth and change
in this example i use the hight brush before i make a simple mountain
change rate can also be negativ
rotate structures
rotate structures
set right rotation-degree before placing structures (example: cornerwalls use 90,180,270 degrees)

hope that helps
:hmm:
"unit is under attack!", "unit is under attack!", unit is under attack!" then i wake up ... (true story)
Giani
Regular
Regular

Post by Giani »

Thanks for all your help :)
My maps: http://forums.wz2100.net/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=9501
Merowingg
Regular
Regular

Post by Merowingg »

Giani there is a manual.. in the post with FlaMe.. which is made by BlueMaxima.. also NoQ did one too..

Flail, in height tab, when i try to paint with the right mouse button, whatever amount I type there it does not work.. I use 1.27, it worked in the previous versions, do I do something wrong?..
“Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, and ideas are bulletproof.” - V

"Mark my words boy, Mark them well, I have survived your predecessors and I will survive you." - Merovingian

Regards - Mero
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

Merowingg wrote:Flail, in height tab, when i try to paint with the right mouse button, whatever amount I type there it does not work.. I use 1.27, it worked in the previous versions, do I do something wrong?..
Hmm, i think it worked for me last time i tried :hmm:
Merowingg
Regular
Regular

Post by Merowingg »

I run it after posting and to my surprise it worked now. But two times at least it didn't. Strange.. Also this left menu escaping is driving me crazy..

I have also noticed ghat. I copy terrain I paste terrain and now I want to make height I press on height and I can't. I have to go to any tab and go back to height to be able to paint height.. The same happens with any painting tab in any combination after copy pasting.
“Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, and ideas are bulletproof.” - V

"Mark my words boy, Mark them well, I have survived your predecessors and I will survive you." - Merovingian

Regards - Mero
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

Yeah, copying-pasting overrides tab selection.
Merowingg
Regular
Regular

Post by Merowingg »

NoQ wrote:Yeah, copying-pasting overrides tab selection.
But I assume on purpose? Then I would like an option to switch it off.. It draves me crazy..

Regards - Mero
Spyro_Drag
Trained
Trained

Post by Spyro_Drag »

Hey im using a Flame Version 1.28, Now i dont know if this is the latest or not, and i wouldnt know where to get the latest, but ive got a prob. ya see i installed this and it works, but it doesnt, see i cant figue out how to "add" a tile set and i was wonderin where the Friggin insrutction manual was.

BTW sry for my bad spellin, i kinda suck and ive been ticked since i cant figure this and other stuff out, i just cant find the right forum for my other prob, and searching the engin hasent helped much...

HELP

Helixia will save time
Spyro_Drag
Trained
Trained

Post by Spyro_Drag »

i found the tile sets... but when i go to load them the program acts like i didnt. i load the tile set and NOTHING changes, and the map look like its lava r somthin.

On a side note, when will the addons tab be working again, ive been wanting to download a map, ive got a map out of the NTW mod that i wana play in skirm, but i duno how to add it, i forgot how. im very forgetfull

*BLUSH* and im not very good with software. Im MUCH better with computer hardware though.

Heilixia is time
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

Create a new map, then go to the texture tab and pick the tileset.
Spyro_Drag
Trained
Trained

Post by Spyro_Drag »

Good News, i fixed it. turns out... *Blush*... I installed it wrong, i had a friend fix it(he's better with the software), and im working on my newest map im calling, Helixia's Nest. but my newest ? is, (and im sure its already been answered, but i cant find it) what is the use of the "Gate" item. i've been using at the entraces of base's and such,(as i think thats best), but i would like a better understanding, could someone go into detail for me.

BTW, thanks to NoQ, after i started the new install i did as u said so thank you for that.

Heilixia Is All
Spyro_Drag
Trained
Trained

Post by Spyro_Drag »

Thank you Berg, i never woulda figued that out, that was a load off, but now i still dont know what the use of the "gate" is.

now i relize that my current modle warzone game wont play my maps, this sucks as ive just made it to the second campaign again, :stressed: , oh well guess ill have to down the beta then.

Light Guides our path
Last edited by Spyro_Drag on 07 Jun 2012, 01:44, edited 1 time in total.
Berg
Regular
Regular

Post by Berg »

Placing the command centre is player start position also you need to place builder trucks.
That will let a player start and remember to number your headquarters and trucks to each player you want to place.