FlaME -- The Warzone 2100 Map Editor

Get some help with creating maps or modding.
Need a map editor or other tools, look here!
Virus- A
Trained
Trained

Re: FlaME -- The Warzone 2100 Map Editor

Post by Virus- A »

@JJjopando: we will be waiting in showcase, luck
xico - Español/Ingles un poco- -También conocido por "RaNgEl"☜ ☆ ☞ Luis Diego Rangel☜ ☆ ☞ ♪♪♫ ♫
JJjopando
Rookie
Rookie

Post by JJjopando »

Virus- A wrote:@JJjopando: we will be waiting in showcase, luck
Awesome :)
Boris
Trained
Trained

Post by Boris »

again??..but not working good...and never be ok..flame sh*t..only world editor forever.. :)
Merowingg
Regular
Regular

Post by Merowingg »

Boris :) you like to be very partial :)

So make your vord editor thread and make it so popular :3

I don't even remember how it look like, but I think my first map was made with it :hmm:

Anyway to sum up, I think there is no need to the best of the best of the best fight :3
“Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, and ideas are bulletproof.” - V

"Mark my words boy, Mark them well, I have survived your predecessors and I will survive you." - Merovingian

Regards - Mero
Merowingg
Regular
Regular

Post by Merowingg »

Flail13 hello :)

I was thinking about a special height brush, that would elevate terrain within a particular textures brush area.

For example on a map filled with red tiles, I paint an arch of sand tiles, now I type 25, and go with the special height brush more less over the sand tiles arch place. As a result every sand tile was elevated to height 25, while all the rest remain 0. The border line is of course between the two different tiles.

Such improvement would be great for me, something like cliff brush, but for tile types and its height difference.
“Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, and ideas are bulletproof.” - V

"Mark my words boy, Mark them well, I have survived your predecessors and I will survive you." - Merovingian

Regards - Mero
Spyro_Drag
Trained
Trained

Post by Spyro_Drag »

Hey Mero, thats a good idea. Also, make a "Hill" Brush, so like start with 0, and progress to 10,20,30... untill it reaches the other side and it goes down, cause i like to do hills, but its very anoying to do manually.
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

Spyro_Drag: How about you learn to use your image editor for making heightmaps? I don't like it when you make Flail13 do useless work instead of the things that are actually needed, when there already exists a tool specially designed for that.

Merowingg's idea makes some sense though :hmm: but i'm not sure how would i have used that. I'd prefer it to be the other way round: "paint snow on everything higher than 128" etc.
Spyro_Drag
Trained
Trained

Post by Spyro_Drag »

Wow... That was cruel. i cant find this "image editor" first of all, and second, both your idea and mero's idea, are perfect for my upcoming project.
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

i cant find this "image editor" first of all
Photoshop ... The GIMP ... Paint.NET ... ?
Spyro_Drag
Trained
Trained

Post by Spyro_Drag »

ok ive heard of photoShop, i didnot know you could use that to modifie maps... i learned somthing new today. But ive never heard of "the GIMP", or "Paint.NET".

Message to Flail, I REALY LOVE FLAME. ive had so much fun makin my maps with it. sure most of my maps are... iffy, but i like this better than Edit world, mostly because the last time i used edit world, it acted like a Trojan and wouldnt let me delet it with out useing my "command prompt" Prog.
Merowingg
Regular
Regular

Post by Merowingg »

Merowingg's idea makes some sense though :hmm: but i'm not sure how would i have used that. I'd prefer it to be the other way round: "paint snow on everything higher than 128" etc.
NoQ, I am sure you do remember that I have chosen my manually made maps path. Such improvement would help me a lot! and I think may would find it useful, I think after few seconds of thinking you would find a perfect way for me to use it :3 if no, that's ok. And please explain to me this snow over 128 thing, in details you know me.. so we avoid 333 posts..

Anyway I would find it very very useful, especially for those strange pople who would focus on working with FlaMe and flame only.

Flail13, BTW, thanx for explanation about your avatar.

Regards - Mero
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

Flail13: need some attention here. Did you already make an attempt on implementing 3.1 terrain in FlaME? After some talk, it became clear that you pretty much cannot do that at all with the current map format. But as long as i'm pretty close (proof) to have the suggestion #2 ("allow overriding color voting") from that post up and running (preparing some patch for the game), it may become actually possible. So i just wanted to know your status and your opinion (and other people's opinions, of course) and probably coordinate the efforts. Anyway, may you have a look at this patch?

upd: After a little talk on IRC, we sort of agreed that it's better to complete the new format support than to patch up the old one, so i'd try focusing on that if i can.
Merowingg
Regular
Regular

Post by Merowingg »

The person you are trying reffer to is currently unavailable it seems.. we overwhelmed him with 99 requests, 2 thanx, 43 strange questions and he escaped? :augh: hate us? :hmm: or.. have a time of his life on Ibiza with four Azian girls?

Regards - Mero
Spyro_Drag
Trained
Trained

Post by Spyro_Drag »

I bet hes so overloaded, hes probubly working on flame so much, that he cant login, either that or hes got something big going on in real life.
Time, it is always moving, even when we stop.
Iluvalar
Regular
Regular

Post by Iluvalar »

NoQ wrote: Merowingg's idea makes some sense though :hmm: but i'm not sure how would i have used that. I'd prefer it to be the other way round: "paint snow on everything higher than 128" etc.
The entire map painter already do that right ?
Heretic 2.3 improver and proud of it.