FlaME -- The Warzone 2100 Map Editor

Get some help with creating maps or modding.
Need a map editor or other tools, look here!
Merowingg
Regular
Regular

Re: FlaME -- The Warzone 2100 Map Editor

Post by Merowingg »

It is not the only one. And in the history of FlaMe and forum there were rapid changes, always resulting in wors or better cooperation. No worries so far, and if the day come, there are people who will save FlaMe wit all their knowledge I can assure.
“Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, and ideas are bulletproof.” - V

"Mark my words boy, Mark them well, I have survived your predecessors and I will survive you." - Merovingian

Regards - Mero
agentdouble0hi0
New user

Post by agentdouble0hi0 »

Everytime I open up flame I get errors saying that the tilesets and objects are missing, I have set up the directories, is there something I am missing here?
Merowingg
Regular
Regular

Post by Merowingg »

Oh yes :3 You have to download those two things for FlaMe too, put it to a folder and set it from the options menu. All information about how to do it, was said here numerous times, just scroll back this thread few times to see the latest one :)
“Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, and ideas are bulletproof.” - V

"Mark my words boy, Mark them well, I have survived your predecessors and I will survive you." - Merovingian

Regards - Mero
agentdouble0hi0
New user

Well, oddly enough I have done all of that already and it is still saying they are missing for the tilesets and it cannot find path for the objects.
AWarZoner
Trained
Trained

Post by AWarZoner »

Flail13 wrote:FlaME is a map editor for Warzone 2100.

Tilesets and object data.
The tilesets and at least one object data are needed to be able to make maps.
The zip files can be extracted anywhere. When you run the program it will give you the opportunity to locate the folders.

For Windows users:
The .NET framework is required.
The portable versions needs to be placed in a directory where the program always has write access. If you want the file associations, use the installer to install to a directory with write access, then place the FlaME.exe file from the portable version into that folder.

For Mono users:
Requires Mono runtime with Visual Basic .NET support.
MacOS users should download the package provided at http://www.go-mono.com/mono-downloads/download.html
Linux users are advised to use packages from the repositories of their distribution instead.
To run:
Extract the entire contents of the archive.
cd to the directory and run the program as "mono FlaME.exe"

For help/documentation:
See Mapping Tips on this website.
BlueMaxima created a guide (Download). Parts of the program have since changed.

Download and info page:
https://warzone.atlassian.net/wiki/display/FLAME/FlaME

Alternate MediaFire downloads:
1.29 Windows (Installer)
1.29 Windows (Portable)
1.29 Mono
1.28 Windows (Installer)
1.28 Windows (Portable)
1.28 Mono
1.27 Windows (Installer)
1.27 Windows (Portable)
1.27 Mono
tilesets
3.1b4 objects
2.3.7 objects

Buginator's note, old thread was getting too big, redoing it here.
Hope that helps.
Andrie

P.S. I quoted the first post in the thread.
agentdouble0hi0
New user

Dang, your help is like an insult, of course I read the first posts and read through it. I found out what the problem was but it wasn't anything that was on here.
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

I've heard a few times that some people have it not working, even though they claimed they did everything correctly. Yet none of them managed to investigate the issue, and since it works for me, i have no idea what's going on.
AWarZoner
Trained
Trained

Post by AWarZoner »

Andrie wrote:I don't get any Features, Structures or Droids under Place Objects HELP!!!! :stressed: :stressed: :stressed: :stressed: :stressed:
P.S. I made the same mistake.

Andrie
rinux
New user

Post by rinux »

in setting.ini DefaultObjectDataPathNum was set to -1 i changed it to 0 that fixed it for me
Merowingg
Regular
Regular

Post by Merowingg »

Gentlemen,

Those who have problems with not visible objecdata and tilesets, while on the windows 7. Run the program on the admistrator settings. It have solved my problem entirely.

Best wishes and make some maps! noise ;)

Bye :)

Regards - Mero
Spyro_Drag
Trained
Trained

Post by Spyro_Drag »

i may know wuts going on, ive recently re-installed flame onto my new system (WinXP Pro 64-Bit Edition) and i changed some settings after i had flaim working, fo instance, when flaim first starts up, it ussually promts you for the paths to the tileset and object data files. i had told it not too, i think this caused the program to quick check (and fail) those paths but it did so too quickly and miss-read the data, once i changed it back the problem dissapeard, the only thing is, you have to deal with an extra pop up. oh well....
Time, it is always moving, even when we stop.
brucejje
New user

Post by brucejje »

Could anyone re-upload the tilesets?
the current link is broken!

A short tutorial on where to put the files would be respected as well!
For I have not been able to find either.

Kind regards,

Bruce
Brucejje AkA Godsun333 AkA Godsun..

Destroying the world with a spoon!
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

The links are working, you are clicking alternative links that are broken.
Tutorials are available in the first post as well.
Bobnmike
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Bobnmike »

I have both the "tilesets.zip" and "3.1_b4-objects.zip" downloaded and in a folder. When FlaME opens and asks me for the directories I give them to it. The objects work fine and show up in the program but There are no tilesets...
Merowingg
Regular
Regular

Post by Merowingg »

Hello Gentlemen,

If I was to use flaMe 1.27 will it bring all evil to earth or can I use this so archaic yet so willing to work for me program? Of course I ask, so my maps would work too.

Regards,

Mero

Regards - Mero