FlaME -- The Warzone 2100 Map Editor

Get some help with creating maps or modding.
Need a map editor or other tools, look here!
Mysteryem
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: FlaME -- The Warzone 2100 Map Editor

Post by Mysteryem »

Have you updated the object data for the newer version? (may still get the error about the naval propulsion texture page, though it's no real issue)
Flail13 wrote: Tilesets - MediaFire
2.3.7 MP Object Data 2 - MediaFire This file has minor changes since 1.20
Master 20110127 MP Object Data - MediaFire
For 1.21+
The zip files can be extracted anywhere. When you run the program it will give you the opportunity to locate the folders.
For <= 1.20
Extract the folders contained in the zips to the MyDocuments\.flaME\ directory. Delete or backup one objectdata folder before replacing it with another. You might have difficulty creating the .flaME folder in 1.20.
Not sure about the second error, I don't know why the newer format, .fmap, would not load. Does the attached one load for you?
Attachments
4pv1.zip
(28.87 KiB) Downloaded 200 times
"...If pure awesomeness were bricks, this would be the Great Wall of China...
The glory of this has collapsed on its self so far, that even the neutrons have collapsed."
Flail13
Code contributor
Code contributor

Post by Flail13 »

Merowingg, for the second problem, if the file was actually an FME file you tried to load then it could be becuase you are trying to open something made in a very old version. If you open it and resave in a more recent version, but not FMAP, it should then work in the up-to-date FlaME.
Otherwise, if it was an FMAP that got saved with an FME extension then renaming the file to end in FMAP might work.
Otherwise, it could be a bug.
Merowingg
Regular
Regular

Post by Merowingg »

Mysteryem I will try it when at home, I think I took the newest tilesets and rest from the firs post here.

Flail hello :)

The story is I made entirely new map.. I saved it three times in 1.19 compatibility and fourth time in this fmap.. And first three I can load but forth you already know.

Also when I save 1.19 then it ask me about the scavenger number each time I save in it. What is that window about? I typed 7 as I dint get it but I hope I can do 8 player map yet..?

Also I have a lot of! My patterns, patterns that I pick up when making a map, those are as old as 1.10 sometimes and I cannot load them now.. May I gain them back?..

Also I see square brush is of course square but circle well.. It has only very cocked edges while some areas are long and strait.. Why such change or I am missing something?

And I am temporarily at vin 7 whenever I try...., to save a map I have to pick up entire way where.. It does not remember the folder, why is it so?

To sum up 1.25 from my first glances is another excellent program Sir :)

Thank you all for help!

And help! Again please..
“Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, and ideas are bulletproof.” - V

"Mark my words boy, Mark them well, I have survived your predecessors and I will survive you." - Merovingian

Regards - Mero
Merowingg
Regular
Regular

Post by Merowingg »

P.S.
Not sure about the second error, I don't know why the newer format, .fmap, would not load. Does the attached one load for you?
Mysteryem, yes it loads!

Anyone I need help with those above :)
“Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, and ideas are bulletproof.” - V

"Mark my words boy, Mark them well, I have survived your predecessors and I will survive you." - Merovingian

Regards - Mero
Flail13
Code contributor
Code contributor

Post by Flail13 »

I don't know why it would be trying to load an FMAP as an FME, unless you were still using the old program. Can you attach the file?

The player for scavengers can be 7 to 10. if you want it compatible with 2.3 then it is always 7. if the number of players is 7 or less then it should be 7.

You can't load maps from 1.10. I don't know the format.

I'm not sure what you mean by the circle edges being straight. Screenshot?
edit: I bothered to actually look at it. :oops: That has been improved.

It doesn't remember the folder because I haven't programmed it to. I'll add that to the to-do list.
edit: Done for next version
Flail13
Code contributor
Code contributor

Post by Flail13 »

FlaME 1.26 and 3.1b4 object data are in the first post.

If you make walls with 3.1 data, then use it in 2.3, they all become straight walls in-game.
Also, if you save them as an FMAP, then load it with 2.3 data, the walls will be unknown structures and any saving will revert them to straight walls again.

There is the option "Automatic Walls" on the place objects tab. It changes the walls to suit what is around them. To use it, tick the box, then select one of the four new hardcrete walls and place them on the map. The rest is automatic.
Merowingg
Regular
Regular

Post by Merowingg »

Hello :)

I am sorry i do not understant this part now
I'm not sure what you mean by the circle edges being straight. Screenshot?
edit: I bothered to actually look at it. :oops: That has been improved.
Shall I still send the picture what I mean, or you indicate here it is to be so?

It may be idiotic question but..
The player for scavengers can be 7 to 10. if you want it compatible with 2.3 then it is always 7
What if i make eight players map?

And I do have newest tilesets and i am still afraid to save the fmap.. not to lose all i made..

Also I understand i have to create my new "patterns" yes? (earlier question)

And how gateways work, I mean AI chose to built gateway the nearest their base yes? They simply built on gateways lines neares to a particular AI in this case player yes?

Regards - Mero
Flail13
Code contributor
Code contributor

Post by Flail13 »

No need to send a screenshot. I saw what you meant.

For 2.3 you can't have scavs on eight players, but if you compile for 3.1 then the scavengers go directly after the last player. So for eight players they go in 9, for 9 players they go in 10, for 10 players they go in 11.

If you are afraid to lose your work, use "Save As" and make a new file.
Some things will be lost if you save as 1.19 format: new walls, health, labels.

If by "patterns" you mean maps for 1.10, then yes, remake.

Yes AFAIK, AIs that use gateways build on the nearest gateway.
Merowingg
Regular
Regular

Post by Merowingg »

Thank you very much for all answers!

And heheh I am sorry about the scavs question :) I was sleepy :) heheh I cannot believe :)

Ok I understand all :)

Thanx!

Regards - Mero
Flail13
Code contributor
Code contributor

Post by Flail13 »

There's a droid-loading bug in 1.26 so I've taken it down.
Flail13
Code contributor
Code contributor

Post by Flail13 »

Ok 1.27 is there to test.
I'm trying Google docs as somewhere to upload the files. Seems like you have to first enter the zip file, then click File -> Download.
effigy
Regular
Regular

Post by effigy »

This is why some features aren't implemented: http://forums.wz2100.net/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=7490&view=unread#p87241
aubergine
Professional
Professional

Post by aubergine »

"Dedicated to discovering Warzone artefacts, and sharing them freely for the benefit of the community."
-- https://warzone.atlassian.net/wiki/display/GO
Daedalus
New user

Post by Daedalus »

I'm having an odd issue trying to install FlaME.

When I start the installer, it automatically closes after 15 seconds, regardless of what I do.

I've tried 1.27 and 1.25. Both close out almost exactly 15 seconds after I click "Allow" on the windows prompt asking for permission to run. It's always the same amount of time before it closes with each one. I've tried closing all other programs and non-essential processes running but that didn't help either.

I've tried running as administrator and even compatibility mode to no avail. Same result every time.

Also, I tried hurrying through the install process, and can get it to install and click finish before the 15 seconds is up, but then when I go to the folder it was supposed to install in, it doesn't exist. There's no record of it installing anything.

I've done a forum search and found nothing on this, so sorry if this has been covered somewhere.

This is driving me insane, anyone have any ideas?
effigy
Regular
Regular

Post by effigy »

IIRC merrowing had trouble installing v1.25 on a new computer. Finally, after installing an old version (1.20??? merowing, help!) he was able to install v1.25, and I assume newer.

Hmm... probably should have mentioned this back then... sorry.
This is why some features aren't implemented: http://forums.wz2100.net/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=7490&view=unread#p87241