FlaME -- The Warzone 2100 Map Editor

Get some help with creating maps or modding.
Need a map editor or other tools, look here!
effigy
Regular
Regular

Re: FlaME -- The Warzone 2100 Map Editor

Post by effigy »

I'm unable to load tilesets in 1.24 and 1.25.

I've tried doing a fresh install of FlaME and the tile sets, and deleting the settings file. I'm not sure what else to do to troubleshoot this :(

See attached:
Attachments
2011-12-27_210930.jpg
This is why some features aren't implemented: http://forums.wz2100.net/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=7490&view=unread#p87241
Flail13
Code contributor
Code contributor

Post by Flail13 »

BlueMaxima, does that happen every time? I couldn't reproduce it.

effigy, it looks like an OpenGL problem. I changed how textures were loaded in 1.24 so it could be something not supported on your graphics card. If you like, try this Windows exe (portable version):
FlaME.zip
I added an OpenGL error check to let it fall back to the old method. I threw in a load more of them that should display if the graphics have any other problems.
effigy
Regular
Regular

Post by effigy »

Sorry, Flail, that exe didn't fix my problem. I tried it with 1.24p, 1.25p, and 1.25.

My graphics card is aging, so maybe that's it... it's a Radeon X1300 and is stuck on legacy ATI driver 10.2.
This is why some features aren't implemented: http://forums.wz2100.net/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=7490&view=unread#p87241
Flail13
Code contributor
Code contributor

Post by Flail13 »

I have another exe for you to try:
FlaME-win.zip
(312.71 KiB) Downloaded 363 times
FlaME-win-portable.zip
(312.61 KiB) Downloaded 323 times
I put mipmap options on the options page. I turned hardware mipmaps off by default.
effigy
Regular
Regular

Post by effigy »

Excellent :) That one works for me. Thanks :-) FYI, though, I played with the mipmap options, and didn't notice any changes on screen.
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

When i import a .wz map with VTOL factories that have two modules (the usual factory modules), those modules are removed with a message of "structure has a wrong number of modules". On the other hand, FlaME allows creating and exporting this sort of maps, and they work well in-game.
Kih-ap-hiih
Trained
Trained

Post by Kih-ap-hiih »

Hi! I can create maps in three minutes, by playing with settings and generator option. :shock:
Just tested it, but this one is awesome. :!:
And big thanks to BlueMaxima, who is created a good manual for FlaME. :)
Merowingg
Regular
Regular

Post by Merowingg »

Ok.. I cannot stop myself to miss this one.. :) just too good mood I have :)

Can you imagine I can make a map in twenty five seconds? Yes that is true I pres Arizona then fill then I fill with any ground then I place two towers and two trucks and two oils on the map and I compile it calling it "nobrainattached" and here it is my new map :)

But let me say this.. It is not an achievement to make a map by clicking generating buttons a real thing is to do it yourself I mean manually.

In the past which means two years ago FlaMe has seventy percent less option and there was no manutal to it.

It is only due to Gentlemen like Flail13 and Bluemaxima and then mapmakers pointing important things and requests that we have FlaMe as it looks today.

So again thank you :) and where I send the barrel of wine ? :)

But I do understand your happiness and enjoyment of making maps :)

After all it is you who create them :) and this is fun :)
“Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, and ideas are bulletproof.” - V

"Mark my words boy, Mark them well, I have survived your predecessors and I will survive you." - Merovingian

Regards - Mero
Mysteryem
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Mysteryem »

With the later versions of flaME, why does importing a heightmap create a new blank map with that heightmap applied, as opposed to applying the heightmap to the currently open map? It seems counterproductive to me.
"...If pure awesomeness were bricks, this would be the Great Wall of China...
The glory of this has collapsed on its self so far, that even the neutrons have collapsed."
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

Probably somebody here could help with #3134?
effigy
Regular
Regular

Post by effigy »

Mysteryem wrote:With the later versions of flaME, why does importing a heightmap create a new blank map with that heightmap applied, as opposed to applying the heightmap to the currently open map? It seems counterproductive to me.
It also resizes the map to the dimensions of the heightmap, vs. scaling the heightmap to match. :(
vexed
Inactive
Inactive

Post by vexed »

Greetings Flail13.

Looks like we need more error checking in FLaME.
For starters, it seems to allow placing things too close to the edge of the map.
Also, you need to make sure they have gateways on the map, since on some maps people don't have any and this really screws things up with the AI routines.

For people making maps, check your logs people, when warzone complains about something, there is a good reason for it, and you should fix the map in question.

You should always have gateways. Those are used to help the AI out on where to build things and other important stuff it does.

Once again, DO NOT just rename the wz file to a new name, that can and will break the game. You *must* recompile the map in FlaME with the new name!
/facepalm ...Grinch stole Warzone🙈🙉🙊 contra principia negantem non est disputandum
Super busy, don't expect a timely reply back.
bendib
Regular
Regular

Post by bendib »

vexed wrote:
You should always have gateways. Those are used to help the AI out on where to build things and other important stuff it does.
I never make gateways. You should make them in a low oil map usually, but in high oil maps like NTW, not so much.
Also known as Subsentient.
bendib
Regular
Regular

Post by bendib »

Flail13: I actually think that dialogs should ask if you are sure that you want to compile the map, without, for example, a command center, rather than force you to have it. TruckTrekAZ has to use scroll limits to hide HQs because of this limitation. I would support a dialog warning you about gateways, but not forcing you to make them. all that's technically needed for a game is a truck and an oil. Also, could you make Combat Engineers and those scorpion hover trucks count as trucks?

Thx. :^)
bendib
Regular
Regular

Post by bendib »

And what happened to import map as copied segment? *sniffle*