FlaME -- The Warzone 2100 Map Editor

Get some help with creating maps or modding.
Need a map editor or other tools, look here!
Flail13
Code contributor
Code contributor

Re: FlaME -- The Warzone 2100 Map Editor

Post by Flail13 »

--- 1.24 ---

Changes:
- Ground-fill options for stopping at or before cliffs, and for stopping before reaching another terrain type
- Script markers for use in master campaigns - these are preliminary and should not be used yet.
- Ability to load any .gam file with its accompanying folder. The tileset and tile types are not loaded. After loading a .gam file, select the tileset, then import the tile types file.
- Program loads faster

Bug fixes:
- Road remove brush uses cliff brush correctly now
- Fixed interface bugs when switching maps or modifying properties of multiple units
- Possibly fixed: minimap bug reported by effigy, mono brushes-interface bug reported by NoQ

There is no Mono 2.6.7 version this time because MonoDevelop refuses to build some part of the code, but wont tell me what :dash1:
Goth Zagog-Thou
Regular
Regular

Post by Goth Zagog-Thou »

Thanks Flail. And for those Ubuntu 11.04 users (and Debian, possibly others as well) who are stuck with Mono 2.6.7, I found a handy-dandy build script that will allow you to build your own Mono 2.10.6. You'll still need the Visual Basic runtime support too.

(taken from here ).

Code: Select all

mkdir mono-2.10
cd mono-2.10
wget --no-check-certificate https://github.com/nathanb/iws-snippets/raw/master/mono-install-scripts/ubuntu/install_mono-2.10.sh
chmod 755 install_mono-2.10.sh
./install_mono-2.10.sh
And yes, it takes a while to compile. :lol2:[/s]

Well that didn't work. And I really don't feel like upgrading to Ubuntu 11.10 again, and dealing with THAT mess. Looks like I'll be running Win32 virtually.
Goth Zagog-Thou
Regular
Regular

Alrighty. I've installed Xubuntu 11.10 (it's the one that annoys me the LEAST :lol2: I *HATE* Unity and Gnome-3 ... ), every piece of Mono-2.10-x software in the Software Center (mono-complete), VB *and* the TK/TCL runtimes .. AND MonoDevelop.

Same 'X11/BadMatch' error. Running with --debug provides no additional output.

Should I attempt to compile FlaME myself, and see what happens?
Saluir
New user

Post by Saluir »

Hi guys,

I am really new to flame. I have read the tutorial at the front of the page and the mapping tips. I have a few questions....

1) Are any newer guides on Flame?
2) I want to make a 3 player and 6 player map, how should I do that?
3) I get a warning - Load object data: PIE "prhnaval1.pie":PIE texture "page-28-naval.png" was not loaded. What does it mean and do I need to worry about it?
4) For the future how hard would it be to make my own tiles? Aka I want something different from Arizona and the other 2.

Thanks,
Flail13
Code contributor
Code contributor

Post by Flail13 »

Same 'X11/BadMatch' error.
Can you post the entire output? The call stack should have changed.
Should I attempt to compile FlaME myself, and see what happens?
You can try anything you like.

Slauir,
1) Are any newer guides on Flame?
No
2) I want to make a 3 player and 6 player map, how should I do that?
3 and 6 player maps only work with "master" Warzone. To enable them, tick the box on the compile screen that says "X Player Support".
3) I get a warning - Load object data: PIE "prhnaval1.pie":PIE texture "page-28-naval.png" was not loaded. What does it mean and do I need to worry about it?
You can ignore that. It is there because I didn't supply some of the texture pages with the data. If it bothers you, go to the texpages folder of the object data and copy any of the textures and give them the name of the texture that is missing.
4) For the future how hard would it be to make my own tiles? Aka I want something different from Arizona and the other 2.
FlaME will allow you import changed data, and you can paint the tiles manually, but the ground types for fast painting cannot be changed. Warzone doesn't support changed graphics being supplied in maps either. Changed data is only good for mods.

2.3.9 is supposed to be the last version that uses this tile system, unless they decide to revert master.
Goth Zagog-Thou
Regular
Regular

Well I got it working. Ubuntu (and probably ALL Linux users) will need the following:

- MonoDevelop
- the 'mono-complete' package
- the Visual Basic '10 for mono package (forget what it's called specifically but you can't miss it)
- tcl 8.4, tclx 8.4, tclx8.4-dev AND tcl 8.4-dev packages
- tk 8.5 and tk itself.
- the FlaME source from git.

The one I compiled in MonoDevelop (located in /home/(my name)/Desktop/FlaME (bunch of numbers)/FlaME/bin/Mono Develop/ folder) works if I run with Mono Runtime (NOT the Mono Runtime (terminal) ). The copy of FlaME I downloaded earlier today does NOT work (and errors out like before). Weird, huh?

Anyway that's enough of my squawking. Flail, I'll be happy to post any and all logs you need, buddy.
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

probably ALL Linux users
no (:
lav_coyote25
Professional
Professional

Post by lav_coyote25 »

NoQ wrote:
probably ALL Linux users
no (:

who said this?? you did not give credit to the quote!!!

flame is , or should be , accessible to mac / windows / Linux. at least that is what i was advised.

:annoyed:
Goth Zagog-Thou
Regular
Regular

I'm trying *my* best to help. :ninja:
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

I mean, i'm a linux user and i didn't need to recompile FlaME from source. Worked out of the box for me. That's all i wanted to say.
Goth Zagog-Thou
Regular
Regular

Which distro? Arch? I'd love to know (since I rather enjoy trouble-free distros lol..). Might be something I'd like to take for a test drive. :P
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

Arch
trouble-free distro
Lolyeeeeeah here we go :lol2:

I mean, yeah, i use Arch and i don't have this specific trouble here, but it's one of the farthest from being a trouble-free distro :oops: Well you'd have to know what you're doing, so i'm not gonna recommend this one :roll:
Goth Zagog-Thou
Regular
Regular

As long as it isn't Gentoo. :lol2:

Anyway Flail, good job on the latest release.
Cyp
Evitcani
Evitcani

Post by Cyp »

Goth Zagog-Thou wrote:As long as it isn't Gentoo. :lol2:

Anyway Flail, good job on the latest release.
What's wrong with Gentoo?
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

+1 :lol2: