FlaME -- The Warzone 2100 Map Editor

Get some help with creating maps or modding.
Need a map editor or other tools, look here!
NoQ
Special
Special

Re: FlaME -- The Warzone 2100 Map Editor

Post by NoQ »

I tried and I failed.. what is more I am not sure if it is answer for my question..
Try better. That's exactly what i use for this (:
Goth Zagog-Thou
Regular
Regular

Post by Goth Zagog-Thou »

New error / problem. I added some more templates (along with assignweapons and names) in the proper fashion. Now I'm getting an error:

Code: Select all

(Warning) Load object data: entries in assignweapons.txt with wrong number of fields 
And yes, I'm doing it right. Everything is how it is supposed to be.

The only thing I can think of that could be wrong is that I'm copy-pasting instead of doing each individual line and hitting enter.
Flail13
Code contributor
Code contributor

Post by Flail13 »

It will do that if you have more than one empty line at the end of assignweapons, or if you edited it with windows notepad. If it isn't either of those things, uploading the files will help to find out what's wrong.
Goth Zagog-Thou
Regular
Regular

Notepad++ is what I'm using. My assignweapons has the standard single empty line at the end. So I dunno. :hmm:
objectdata.zip
(44.08 KiB) Downloaded 240 times
Flail13
Code contributor
Code contributor

Post by Flail13 »

fifth last entry is missing a comma :)
P0Cam4AssaultTrooperCyborgRotMG,NULL,NULL,0
Goth Zagog-Thou
Regular
Regular

My, my. It's always the little things, isn't it? :lol2: Sorry to bug ya, Flail.
Goth Zagog-Thou
Regular
Regular

On a side note, any idea why FlaME Mono won't work for me (previous page has the error output)? I'd LOVE to dump Win32. Love my Ubuntu, ya know. :P
Flail13
Code contributor
Code contributor

Post by Flail13 »

For 1.24 I have allowed the code that was causing that problem to be bypassed. There's a chance it will lead to more errors though.

You will probably notice that you're command center tank makes a warning and doesn't look right. I haven't got the editor to load non-turret sensors properly yet. You can ignore the warning without any problems.

Merowingg, try Paste Objects in the paste options next to the paste button.
Goth Zagog-Thou
Regular
Regular

Cool, thanks bud. :)

I've been meaning to change my Commander unit back to the standard Command Unit anyway. The 'roaming HQ' idea for that one just isn't workable in 2.3.x.
tux112
New user

Post by tux112 »

Hello

First: Great project. Thanks very much for this program :) . I use mono 2.10.5 tu run FlaME 1.23. It´s working well up to the mapsize of 100x100. Any bigger map often crashes. Sometimes I can only do 3 edits and than it crashes again. I don´t know what all that stuff means but here is what I get after the crash of a map with thw size of 100x100:

Code: Select all

tux@tux-Aspire-5742G:~$ mono /home/tux/Downloads/FlaME1.23mono/FlaME.exe
System.Exception: Generic Error [GDI+ status: GenericError]
  at System.Drawing.GDIPlus.CheckStatus (Status status) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at System.Drawing.Graphics.FillRectangle (System.Drawing.Brush brush, Int32 x, Int32 y, Int32 width, Int32 height) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at System.Drawing.Graphics.FillRectangle (System.Drawing.Brush brush, Rectangle rect) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at (wrapper remoting-invoke-with-check) System.Drawing.Graphics:FillRectangle (System.Drawing.Brush,System.Drawing.Rectangle)
  at System.Windows.Forms.Control.PaintControlBackground (System.Windows.Forms.PaintEventArgs pevent) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnPaintBackground (System.Windows.Forms.PaintEventArgs pevent) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.OnPaintBackground (System.Windows.Forms.PaintEventArgs e) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at System.Windows.Forms.TabPage.OnPaintBackground (System.Windows.Forms.PaintEventArgs e) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmPaint (System.Windows.Forms.Message& m) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc (System.Windows.Forms.Message& m) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc (System.Windows.Forms.Message& m) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at System.Windows.Forms.Control+ControlWindowTarget.OnMessage (System.Windows.Forms.Message& m) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at System.Windows.Forms.Control+ControlNativeWindow.WndProc (System.Windows.Forms.Message& m) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.WndProc (IntPtr hWnd, Msg msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
System.Exception: Generic Error [GDI+ status: GenericError]
  at System.Drawing.GDIPlus.CheckStatus (Status status) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at System.Drawing.Graphics.FillRectangle (System.Drawing.Brush brush, Int32 x, Int32 y, Int32 width, Int32 height) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at System.Drawing.Graphics.FillRectangle (System.Drawing.Brush brush, Rectangle rect) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at (wrapper remoting-invoke-with-check) System.Drawing.Graphics:FillRectangle (System.Drawing.Brush,System.Drawing.Rectangle)
  at System.Windows.Forms.Control.PaintControlBackground (System.Windows.Forms.PaintEventArgs pevent) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnPaintBackground (System.Windows.Forms.PaintEventArgs pevent) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.OnPaintBackground (System.Windows.Forms.PaintEventArgs e) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at System.Windows.Forms.TabPage.OnPaintBackground (System.Windows.Forms.PaintEventArgs e) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmPaint (System.Windows.Forms.Message& m) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc (System.Windows.Forms.Message& m) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc (System.Windows.Forms.Message& m) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at System.Windows.Forms.Control+ControlWindowTarget.OnMessage (System.Windows.Forms.Message& m) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at System.Windows.Forms.Control+ControlNativeWindow.WndProc (System.Windows.Forms.Message& m) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.WndProc (IntPtr hWnd, Msg msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
tux@tux-Aspire-5742G:~$ 
Can sameone please tell me what´s wrong here because the problem is realy annoying.
Merowingg
Regular
Regular

Post by Merowingg »

NoQ.. you does it so it is simple for you and description works for you but think deeper, in case that I have no idea a step by step explanation would be at least basic.. i press all those buttons and i have no effect, it worked once only and I do not know what I did right. What is more as I said I do four player map, and three reflections of one part rotated, do I coppy terrain firs only ?? do I copy the strucctures too and then select the second are for example and change it (how) into 1 base ?? and what if i copy all structures again at the same place, does it will be a sort of invisible error ?? do believe me I tried in various ways, and I dont know how t ofollow, do you see sub information missing here ?? as I said I am not good at programms, I am good at learning how to use them and create best from what I was offer on condition I know how to use it :(

Flail13 I have a question, what is flaten under oil option for ? I know it is obvious but can it damage map somehow ? I know it flatens the area ok, becuse I already see brilliant answers of some people, so let me change my question and describe. I pressed it to see what it does and I saw no changes at least in FlaMe, my oils must have been at flat terrain then ;) but in game the players were not able to built oil derricks at most of the oils of the map.. what might be the reason ?? and it of course was not at the most edges, it was here there and everywhere.. and still they couldnt..

Also I saw a free tabs with maps opened while I was working on flame, how it works, and why did it open.. I have no idea :)

Also the name of the map as a tab flashes ot shal i say sparkles, ticks ?? every few seconds, I assume it is autosaving yes ??.. but does it have to tick, it makes me unable to focus as i luk at it almost every time subconsciously.. :)

The program is great, but I have those problems and questions mentioned above.. and why there is no way to built the oil drums randomly here there and everywhere..

Sorry for all trouble, and maybe unbelievably stupid questions but I am not shy to ask, the knowledge is the key ;)

Thank you :)
“Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, and ideas are bulletproof.” - V

"Mark my words boy, Mark them well, I have survived your predecessors and I will survive you." - Merovingian

Regards - Mero
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

Ok i'll make a video when i have time (:
Merowingg
Regular
Regular

Post by Merowingg »

Thank you, I am not angry, I just sometimes somehow unbelievably cannot do something maybe unbelievably easy.. I hope you dont consider me to be very stupid..
“Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, and ideas are bulletproof.” - V

"Mark my words boy, Mark them well, I have survived your predecessors and I will survive you." - Merovingian

Regards - Mero
Flail13
Code contributor
Code contributor

Post by Flail13 »

tux112, is memory usage by FlaME.exe unusually high before it crashes? You can check in task manager under processes, after pressing ctrl+alt+delete.

Merowingg, to copy objects with the map... you can do it at the same time as you paste the terrain. All you have to do is go to the Paste Options next to the Paste button, and click on Paste Objects, then paste it as you normally would, then change the player number of the copied units.
About the flatten under oils button... it will set the four corners of each tile that has oil to the average height of the corners. Can you provide an example map that has the problem of oils being unbuildable?
Map tabs... It opens more than one map at once.
The sparkles are probably fixed in the next version. It was not autosaving.
Merowingg
Regular
Regular

Post by Merowingg »

Flail13 well I have pasted object like derricks or trees, oil towers hundreds of times, but I have never copied the exact game buldings like cyborg factories, research facilities and so on. I did it on the last trials too, but then I have failed to change the player attachment again.. Ok lets say it is a symmetric 1 v 1 map, I have copied all things from the left to the right, it is 100x100 map, so I have a half map selected where I have just copied all the things, and what now ?? I simply pres player 1 button it all changes ?? and I do not unclick the white frame from second half I suppose.

Ok the flatening under oils is obvious as I thought,

The map is already sent to you in private message, I would be obliged if you could take a look at it.

Speaking of map tabs, great improvement, but when and why did it opened, I loked above and i had four without my permission ;)

Ah I considered it to be autosaving, ok I get it now :)

Thank you very much for all help !!

Regards - Mero