FlaME -- The Warzone 2100 Map Editor

Get some help with creating maps or modding.
Need a map editor or other tools, look here!
Spyro_Drag
Trained
Trained

Re: FlaME -- The Warzone 2100 Map Editor

Post by Spyro_Drag »

Wow, i like the idea of a preview, most likly to be a 2D pic of the object, like an angular view, maby of the cyborg factory fer instance, BTW about the "license" option when compiling, which is best to use?

Darkness guards our minds
Merowingg
Regular
Regular

Post by Merowingg »

Well so simple and yet I didn't come across it.. many times I didnt use structures as I didn't know what they are.. a picture, a simple picture of any thing we click on would be really great. And please do not make it very small.. or allow to enlarge it.. if you happen to work on it ;)

Flail I am still not sure if my requests were taken into consideration too.. :hmm:
“Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, and ideas are bulletproof.” - V

"Mark my words boy, Mark them well, I have survived your predecessors and I will survive you." - Merovingian

Regards - Mero
Mr T
Trained
Trained

Post by Mr T »

Why not use the small pictures from the guide site as a preview for the objects ? Easy and fully functional.
http://guide.wz2100.net/b/
Flail13
Code contributor
Code contributor

Post by Flail13 »

Merowingg, all of your suggestions are possible. For 1.29 I have put in a tool to create lines of objects, a keyboard control to go back to the previous tool you were using and the search for objects. The rest are waiting in a list in a text file.

Mr T, what I mean is I think the 3d preview might be a lot of work for a small gain. Using the 2d images might even be more difficult. I'd have to write out a file telling the editor what picture goes with what object, and it would still need another OpenGL view to display them. Making a 3d view isn't totally out of the question though. The go-to-position by double clicking is done. Shift was already mapped to selecting multiple objects. I can't see what's to be gained from a new menu when the tab buttons are right there.
Mr T
Trained
Trained

Post by Mr T »

Flail13 : A 3d preview is of corse great, but save that for future version :-) and go with a 2d picture. I think that is enough for now.

About the group function idee.
Maby just 1 or 2 column next to the object names, one to with tileset they object belong to, and the other maybe what type of object (tree, building, ore something like that) can make the object function much better, IF it is possible to order by the column that is. In this case a think u need some kind of file, telling the editor all this, and then u easily can put in the picture name in thet list to :-)
Much job, but I think it would make the editor more easy to work with.
Merowingg
Regular
Regular

Post by Merowingg »

Ok Flail13 thank you very much Sir :drinks: your info just wasn't clear for me, I assure it is me, as I am deadly tired lately :)
Why not use the small pictures from the guide site as a preview for the objects ? Easy and fully functional.
http://guide.wz2100.net/b/
+1,5
“Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, and ideas are bulletproof.” - V

"Mark my words boy, Mark them well, I have survived your predecessors and I will survive you." - Merovingian

Regards - Mero
Mysteryem
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Mysteryem »

Could you give an option to sort the lists of objects? So there is a choice between: alphabetic based on the internal name, alphabetic based on the in-game name (this one specifically imo), and the current (not-)sorting by the placement in the file.
When sorting by the in-game name, I would suggest ignoring the asterisks in the names if possible.
"...If pure awesomeness were bricks, this would be the Great Wall of China...
The glory of this has collapsed on its self so far, that even the neutrons have collapsed."
Merowingg
Regular
Regular

Post by Merowingg »

Mysteryem long time no see :) hug you not hug you :hmm: ok I will shake hands with you <Mero prepares to greet his fellow>

Heh I typed about this alphabetic thing too not many posts ago, 3, or 4, i forgot to give the separation into game and not game names.

I am also afraid that Flail13 will escape abroad seeing all those requests.. I think we shall already save money for a barrel of wine for him :)

Regards - Mero
Spyro_Drag
Trained
Trained

Post by Spyro_Drag »

a barrel? more like a truck and a half, but really i think he's done well so far. minior glitches here and there, but i doubt he would would run and hide, he seems more the type to take a chalange head on. although i think he should take a bit of a vacation, just to relax a bit, right?

or maybe just take a break, one of my sayings is, itll be there tomarow, the other one i like to say alot is,(and ill censor it a bit) Crap happens, we live and move on.

befor you leave for a vaca though, which should i go with GPL 2+, CC BY 3.0 + GPL 2+, CC BY-SA 3.0 + GPL 2+, or, CC0, for a 3.1+ map?
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

which should i go with GPL 2+, CC BY 3.0 + GPL 2+, CC BY-SA 3.0 + GPL 2+, or, CC0, for a 3.1+ map?
Any of these is acceptable. Licenses incompatible with the project's policy aren't listed. If you don't care (like me) and seriously want somebody else to make that choice for you, choose CC0 (aka Public Domain). If you care, check out some official descriptions.
Spyro_Drag
Trained
Trained

Post by Spyro_Drag »

Thank you Very Much, i had been looking for more info on this matter, and that was more help than i could ask for.
Spyro_Drag
Trained
Trained

Post by Spyro_Drag »

Ok New Prob, Im Compiling a map for testing and i get a minor issue with my map.

and i quote "6472 water tiles have an incorect triagle direction..."

it doesnt matter if i place em all in random rotation or set a direction my self, i always get this, but it still compiles.
is there somthing i can do about it, and, befor you ask im using 4 types of water tile's, here the tile numbers and the set it belongs to, Urban, 13, 15, 16, 17.

Btw, how do i submit a map with out the addons tab?
Goth Zagog-Thou
Regular
Regular

Post by Goth Zagog-Thou »

Use the 'Set water triangles' button in the same tab that 'set all triangles' is in. That'll fix the water tile glitches.

For submitting maps, make a new thread in the Showcase thread with your map name, a brief description, a screen capture of the minimap (so we can see what the whole map looks like) and a download link. Take a look at the other map threads to see the generally accepted format. :)
Spyro_Drag
Trained
Trained

Post by Spyro_Drag »

NVM, I think i found it, "new topic" right?, then i can upload the maps?, ill look into it thanks.
Spyro_Drag
Trained
Trained

Post by Spyro_Drag »

WOOT, i just posted my first map, ima try posting my next one, Thanks Goth, ill try the water fix.