green tileset

Get some help with creating maps or modding.
Need a map editor or other tools, look here!
andron
Trained
Trained

green tileset

Post by andron »

hei has someone a green tileset that not fit in the postnuclear scenario but that is more eye friendly and happy (and maps basing on this)?
Saberuneko
Regular
Regular

Re: green tileset

Post by Saberuneko »

Doesn't fit in game theme, but I like that kind of tilesets. ^^
stiv
Warzone 2100 Team Member
Warzone 2100 Team Member

Post by stiv »

The Hello Kitty mod has pastel green terrain dotted with colorful flowers in all the shades of the rainbow.
XboxJosh
Trained
Trained

Post by XboxJosh »

stiv wrote:The Hello Kitty mod has pastel green terrain dotted with colorful flowers in all the shades of the rainbow.
+1
:lol2:

Alias: Cipher[SSC]

System Specs:
OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 7 Professional
CPU TYPE: AMD Athlon II X2 250
CPU SPEED: 3000 MHz
SYSTEM MEMORY: 4 GB (2 x 2GB, DDR2)
GRAPHICS CARD MODEL: NVidia GTS 250
andron
Trained
Trained

Post by andron »

well then where is a screenshot?
Rman Virgil
Professional
Professional

Post by Rman Virgil »

andron wrote:hei has someone a green tileset that not fit in the postnuclear scenario but that is more eye friendly and happy (and maps basing on this)?

You mean something like the attatchment below
Saberuneko wrote:Doesn't fit in game theme, but I like that kind of tilesets. ^^
?

How you figure ?

The only tile set that depicts specific Nuke Blast effects is the Urban Tile set.

The Arizona and Rocky Mountain tile sets do NOT at all depict such.

Besides, has anyone here heard of the science-tech of Bioremediation ? Been around for years before Pumpkin created WZ 2100. Extrapolated approx 100 years out it would be that much more mature and would enter into any common sense planning done by Enclave Groups to survive post nuke winter. There are several other science-techs currently in existence that would also come into play and planning in reclaiming the environment under those conditions. Relying principally on entertainment fictions for your source of knowledge in this area is rather inept and doubly so when combined with a haughty snark.

- RV :wink:
Attachments
tertilesC3.jpg
andron
Trained
Trained

Post by andron »

hmm what you have is nice but i mean something with more green shades than with rocky terrain. Maybe more in the direction jungle tileset
Attachments
Grass1.png
Rman Virgil
Professional
Professional

Post by Rman Virgil »

andron wrote:hmm what you have is nice but i mean something with more green shades than with rocky terrain. Maybe more in the direction jungle tileset
I see.

The closest to that which is current (and that I am aware of) are textures made by Mysteryem for the New Terrain Renderer in Trunk that is for the v. 3.0 binary release and which I'm attaching a screen cap below.

However to make it all work as a "Jungle Set" there would need to be created a bunch of new 3D Veg Map Feature Models and those do not exist to my knowledge.

- Regards, RV 8)

Attachments
NewTerrain Renderer Green.jpg
andron
Trained
Trained

Post by andron »

uh yeah that nice has he allready made maps with it or can i get the tileset somewhere?
Rman Virgil
Professional
Professional

Post by Rman Virgil »

andron wrote:uh yeah that nice has he allready made maps with it or can i get the tileset somewhere?
That screen cap is the new texture on the stock "Rush" map running Trunk, of course..

I would guess all of the new assets are in the repository trunk branch.

You could also shoot Mysteryem a PM and ask him about it direct. I noticed he was around today.

- Regards, RV 8)
andron
Trained
Trained

Post by andron »

i wrote him
Mysteryem
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Mysteryem »

Andron, to get your version of trunk to look like the image Rman kindly reposted (or how you want). All you need to is look at which textures are used where (texture pages are found in data/base/texpages) and select the one you want to change to a texture of your choosing. For example, if you wanted to change the cliffs in the arizona tileset to my grassy rock texture you must rename the new texture to be the same as the texture you are replacing. Then simply replace the old cliff texture with the new one.

Once I get a little more free time from exams and coursework (just finished business studies for a while, which leaves only engineering which I will take in a couple of weeks) I should be able to put into place (with help) a much easier way of changing the textures; through txt editing.

If you need more help then give me a shout.

- Mysteryem 8)
"...If pure awesomeness were bricks, this would be the Great Wall of China...
The glory of this has collapsed on its self so far, that even the neutrons have collapsed."
andron
Trained
Trained

Post by andron »

hello mysteryem,
i cannot find the textures you used under the checkout from texpages, where can i find them?
Or yould you just send me some maps with the new textures? Would this work too?
Mysteryem
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Mysteryem »

In that screenshot, 3 textures are used, the one I gave a link to in my previous post, page-55-grass.png and page-52-plants-on-rock.png; both of which you should be able to find in the texpages folder of trunk. (data\base\texpages)
"...If pure awesomeness were bricks, this would be the Great Wall of China...
The glory of this has collapsed on its self so far, that even the neutrons have collapsed."
andron
Trained
Trained

Post by andron »

okay replace it and then compile the game with the new in the trunk changed textures?
hmm than i have to wait till the bug that make compile for windows impossible is fixed....