New Weapon Type - Sonic

Get some help with creating maps or modding.
Need a map editor or other tools, look here!
Black NEXUS
Trained
Trained

New Weapon Type - Sonic

Post by Black NEXUS »

Hi everyone :D

I've planed for my Mod a new Weapon typ. This Weapon was to fire off sonic waves. I think as example, the Disruptor Tank of the GDI from C&C, is perfect :D
Image 1
Image 2
Image 3

But I have some problems:
I. The Moddels & Textures
I'm not good to make PIE Files an Textures for it. Sure, i can rework the VTOL Strike Turret, because this is very close to the look up, but there are still some details. Perhaps this may even make someone because of experiences with has. Difficult may be the sonic wave, as this is partly transparent and not immediately reached 100% of their size.

II. Sounds
We've a fundamental problem with the fireing sounds, this Weapon have two Sounds if it fires. First, the Loading Phase and than the permanent fireing Phase. You can compare it with the 3 phases of VTOL, launch, fly and land, which also have their own phase sounds.

III. Typ
You can treat this new weapon as a laser, but basically, it represents a completely new weapon. This would also mean that we should revise the source code version, which would not create a normal mod, but a completely new one.

If someone have questions or new ideas, writes to me. For this project I need necessarily help.
Join NeoX-Virt - The Software-Forge on neox-virt.de
Olrox
Art contributor

Re: New Weapon Typ - Sonic

Post by Olrox »

Ok, the start to implement any new kind of component is always to determine "why we need that, and what will its purpose be?" - identify a missing niche, or create a new one (usually involves creating 2 opposite ones, actually).
This is what I think if the idea's gonna be worthy of working into :)

Also remember that, lasers are electromagnetic waves, which cause extreme heat. Ultrassonic waves are mechanical waves, which cause percussion damage (would be rather kinetic damage rather than thermal).

~Olrox
theArmourer
Trained
Trained

Post by theArmourer »

I could see wide spread short-range damage to borgs, with a high fire rate and low single shot damage.
Like a kinetic flamer.
~theArmourer
Olrox
Art contributor

Post by Olrox »

theArmourer wrote:I could see wide spread short-range damage to borgs, with a high fire rate and low single shot damage.
Like a kinetic flamer.
Do we need more AP weapons?

~Olrox
theArmourer
Trained
Trained

Post by theArmourer »

There's machine guns, lasers, and (sort of) flamers. Thats not a lot compared to anti-tank weapons.
~theArmourer
Zarel
Elite
Elite

Post by Zarel »

theArmourer wrote:There's machine guns, lasers, and (sort of) flamers. Thats not a lot compared to anti-tank weapons.
Dedicated AP: machineguns, lasers, mortars, howitzers, rocket artillery, missile artillery, bombs, flamers
Incidental AP: [nothing]

Dedicated AT: rockets, missiles
Incidental AT: cannons, rails, flamers

(Dedicated: 120% multipliers and higher, Incidental: 80% and higher)

Really, we don't need more dedicated AP.
Olrox
Art contributor

Post by Olrox »

Zarel wrote:
theArmourer wrote:There's machine guns, lasers, and (sort of) flamers. Thats not a lot compared to anti-tank weapons.
Dedicated AP: machineguns, lasers, mortars, howitzers, rocket artillery, missile artillery, bombs, flamers
Incidental AP: [nothing]

Dedicated AT: rockets, missiles
Incidental AT: cannons, rails, flamers

(Dedicated: 120% multipliers and higher, Incidental: 80% and higher)

Really, we don't need more dedicated AP.
I don't think we need more AP weapons, as well - this niche is well occupied by the weapons Zarel classified.
Heavy cannons are interesting to use as incidental AP because of the large splash radius, also - since units are very close to each other, the splash damage is very efficient.

~Olrox
Black NEXUS
Trained
Trained

Re: New Weapon Type - Sonic

Post by Black NEXUS »

Whats the Prob? I need this Weapon for my Mod, i think, it is a cool Weapon^^ I have make a lot of new Weapons for my Mod, but this is really special. However, who can make the PIE and Texture for this Weapon and the "Projectile"? I make the data.
Olrox
Art contributor

Post by Olrox »

Black NEXUS wrote:Whats the Prob? I need this Weapon for my Mod, i think, it is a cool Weapon^^ I have make a lot of new Weapons for my Mod, but this is really special. However, who can make the PIE and Texture for this Weapon and the "Projectile"? I make the data.
Oh, you forgot to mention if it would be T4 or something like that. What I said before, about it having questionable usefulness, was based on my guess that it wouldn't be on a new tech level. If that's the situation (it is a new tech level mod), then I think it's a nice idea.

I couldn't make a model for you even if I wanted, as I'm still stuck with almost none of my graphics editing softwares (the previous owner of the notebook I'm using had the wonderful idea of partitioning the HD with 10Gb for the system drive, I'll have to format it because I can't install the softwares I need - some of them NEED space on the system drive :stressed: ).

I only have Photoshop installed here, perhaps I can make textures if someone can make a decently-mapped model :hmm:

~Olrox
KukY
Regular
Regular

Post by KukY »

I like the idea.

We have enough AT and AP weapons.
And those strong ultrasonic waves maybe wouldn't damage the vechile/cyborg, maybe they would only push it...

So I was thinking it could be a BB like weapon... Cause BB is stupid and we need at least 2 new weapons like it...
Black NEXUS
Trained
Trained

Post by Black NEXUS »

This Weapon will combinate low DMG with high fireing rate. Maybe it will be a new BB^^

But this ultrasonic waves makes more DMG on Cyborgs than on Tanks. Your eardrum will be damaged long time befor glass will broke, rretend you're in front of a subwoofer and test it!

Someone has already started? I do not want to rush, it's only an idea which I would like to include in my Mod. But as I said, I can't do that alone :cry:
KukY
Regular
Regular

Post by KukY »

I'd love to do the textual part, I just need models and sounds :|