A Stats Editor

Get some help with creating maps or modding.
Need a map editor or other tools, look here!
Zarax
Trained
Trained

Re: A Stats Editor

Post by Zarax »

The updated exe fixed the problem, thanks!
dmkp
Trained
Trained

Post by dmkp »

Cool tool.

I'm also working on a stats editor. Which (I think), may turn out to be more like the wzck.
Olrox
Art contributor

Post by Olrox »

Hmmm, I've had some troubles for importing/exporting data yesterday, I can't fully comprehend what files need to be specifically loaded and to where I'm supposed to export files to. I still feel a bit dumb, but I'd love to have a more specific explanation on what should users do to make a succesful import/export.

I can provide more info on what I'd like to know, if you want. I bet most users would appreciate a more newbie-friendly introduction to your editor!

Thanks,
~Olrox
Flail13
Code contributor
Code contributor

Post by Flail13 »

Olrox,

click on "file paths". that shows where the files are that it will try to load from inside the folder you select when importing. (except for structure modifiers which isnt used)

when you export, it will write the files to the same directories in whatever folder you selected.

if you don't know where to get these files...
for multiplayer stats:
- open mp.wz
- extract the stats and messages folders to a new folder (maintaining the stats and messages folders, not just extracting the contents)
- in the new folder, delete everything in messages except for messages\strings\names.txt because you dont need them
- import into the program using the default file paths.

for campaign stats the process in the same except that you get the files from base.wz, and you need to change the "\multiplayer\" part of the research file paths in flaTE to "\cam1\" or "\cam2\" or "\cam3\"
Olrox
Art contributor

Post by Olrox »

Flail13 wrote:Olrox,

click on "file paths". that shows where the files are that it will try to load from inside the folder you select when importing. (except for structure modifiers which isnt used)

when you export, it will write the files to the same directories in whatever folder you selected.

if you don't know where to get these files...
for multiplayer stats:
- open mp.wz
- extract the stats and messages folders to a new folder (maintaining the stats and messages folders, not just extracting the contents)
- in the new folder, delete everything in messages except for messages\strings\names.txt because you dont need them
- import into the program using the default file paths.

for campaign stats the process in the same except that you get the files from base.wz, and you need to change the "\multiplayer\" part of the research file paths in flaTE to "\cam1\" or "\cam2\" or "\cam3\"
Ok, thanks, I'll try to follow this exactly like that. My greates doubt was about the exporting procedure: The editor mentioned something about already existing files, and that those wouldn't be overwritten... Hmm, I'll have more trial-and-error, if I still cannot manage to get it working, I'll post error log and a more specific description of what I've done.

Thanks for your help, I'm sure it'll be useful.

~Olrox
Flail13
Code contributor
Code contributor

Post by Flail13 »

to export you have to select an empty folder.
c09ff
Greenhorn

Post by c09ff »

i am totally new and a step-by-step tut would be a really nice thing.
i can't even find names.txt file
Uploader
Greenhorn

Post by Uploader »

i never got a file with the data and names and such :evil: ...so it wont work... :stressed: how do i find the files i need to make it work :?
Silroya Maps™ Creator.
Uploader
Greenhorn

Post by Uploader »

Whenever i run it and try to import i cant find the files with the names.txt, :stressed: and other .txt files :stare: where are they :x
Silroya Maps™ Creator.
Buginator
Professional
Professional

Post by Buginator »

Unzip the base.wz & mp.wz files, and use those.
and it ends here.
Uploader
Greenhorn

Post by Uploader »

I have a file called base.wz in the warzone 2100 folder in program files :3 ps im running vista not xp but i never saw the mp.wz :stressed:
Silroya Maps™ Creator.
Uploader
Greenhorn

Post by Uploader »

ok i have both of those in my warzone 2100 folder but what do u mean :| did flaTE come with those :stare:
Silroya Maps™ Creator.
Arreon
Trained
Trained

Post by Arreon »

I'll bump this, as this stat editor seems like the only one of its kind (unless I'm mistaken).
Processor: AMD Phenom II X6 1045T (6 CPUs), ~2.7GHz
Memory: 8192MB RAM
Flail13
Code contributor
Code contributor

Post by Flail13 »

Those old versions of flaTE have a nasty bug where if you copy and paste an item that contains a list, such as a research item with its list of prerequisites, it will treat the new item's prerequisites as if they are the same list as the original item's. So if you then changed something in the copy's preqrequisites, it would change it in the original research item's prerequisites also.

So just be aware of that bug if you use flaTE. You can get around it by exporting and importing each time you copy an item that has a list in it.

I have a new version that's almost working well.
Flail13
Code contributor
Code contributor

Post by Flail13 »

flaTE 0.5 is uploaded.