AI Can Build Weapons You Can't?

Get some help with creating maps or modding.
Need a map editor or other tools, look here!
dragonflythecat
Rookie
Rookie

AI Can Build Weapons You Can't?

Post by dragonflythecat »

In the map Nitemare using the latest beta, the AI has access to a Plasma Cannon on a platform different than the Plasma Cannon I can build that has a range three time farther than mine. It comes as base defense and the AI has the ability to build the weapon repeatedly during the match. Is this ability built into the map? Only map I have seen this in.
What is the incentive for war? Fewer oil rigs.
Zarel
Elite
Elite

Re: AI Can Build Weapons You Can't?

Post by Zarel »

Yes, probably.
Olrox
Art contributor

Post by Olrox »

dragonflythecat wrote:In the map Nitemare using the latest beta, the AI has access to a Plasma Cannon on a platform different than the Plasma Cannon I can build that has a range three time farther than mine. It comes as base defense and the AI has the ability to build the weapon repeatedly during the match. Is this ability built into the map? Only map I have seen this in.
It's the infamous "Plasma Artillery". Like the one on NEXUS' main base, I think (never seen it personally) :P

~Olrox
Dylan Hsu
Banned
Banned

Post by Dylan Hsu »

Wrong forum / +1
Olrox
Art contributor

Post by Olrox »

Dylan Hsu wrote:Wrong forum / +1
Meh, not *wrong* IMO, as it's something particular of the map "Nitemare" and perhaps he would like to know why is that or how to do it (which is unlikely, but possible) :rolleyes:
But the title and content aren't quite well structured, but that's a generalized problem anyway :3

~Olrox
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

Let me guess.

Mass driver fortress? It looks very similar to a plasma cannon when you don't see who is firing.
Olrox
Art contributor

Post by Olrox »

hao wrote:Let me guess.

Mass driver fortress? It looks very similar to a plasma cannon when you don't see who is firing.
No. The AI builds Plasma Artillery in the map "Nitemare" because it's scripted to do so. If you're still wondering what weapon that is, go to the last mission in the original campaign - the strike to NEXUS' main base.
Olrox
Art contributor

Post by Olrox »

I case you're not inclined to go through all the campaign, here's a screenshot of a test map I've made:
Plasma Artillery.PNG
Hope this helps :rolleyes:
P.S.: it is positioned at the side of a plasma cannon emplacement, for comparison.

~Olrox