not sure if this is an old problem...

Get some help with creating maps or modding.
Need a map editor or other tools, look here!
lav_coyote25
Professional
Professional

not sure if this is an old problem...

Post by lav_coyote25 »

ok what would cause this??? just had this crop up... any solutions yet or what??? xD
the whole right side from top to bottom is missing a bunch of textures...
the whole right side from top to bottom is missing a bunch of textures...
whippersnapper
Regular
Regular

Re: not sure if this is an old problem...

Post by whippersnapper »

Hi Lav,

I have only seen this problem arise under the conditions I describe in the following thread:

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=3703&p=36541#p36541

I can't quite tell if your map meets those conditions.

regards, whip :ninja:
-Kosh-
Trained
Trained

Post by -Kosh- »

I would think the devs would want the map in question so they can take a peek at it. Maybe even upload the map on trac.
This is a waste of space. Something important should be here.
lav_coyote25
Professional
Professional

Post by lav_coyote25 »

this map is one i have been working on over the last 6 or so years... memonia... in past it has worked prety much with no problems... just went in to take out everything to start redoing the bases to the minimum structures and sparse resources.... went in to check it out... and this happens. :stare:
Attachments
problem with map memonia.zip
here is the map.wz -
(105.28 KiB) Downloaded 223 times
whippersnapper
Regular
Regular

Post by whippersnapper »

Same problem here on current series of binaries..... however, it runs just fine on earlier series of binaries. I'd say it's a newly introduced prob. Noticed it said map was 250 x 224 in current binary - seems odd - that what you originally designed it as ?

Regards, whip :ninja:
lav_coyote25
Professional
Professional

Post by lav_coyote25 »

yes. in the meantime - i have restarted that as a 250 by 250 map - will see if it has the same problem... xD
whippersnapper
Regular
Regular

Post by whippersnapper »

lav_coyote25 wrote:yes. in the meantime - i have restarted that as a 250 by 250 map - will see if it has the same problem... xD
If you do confirm (yet another independent instance) one of us should write-up a ticket with a save game, along with .lnd and .wz files because I don't think Dylan Hsu did and with all the testing we've done since first noted on Sept. 7, about a month ago now, it's confirmed to me that the recent binaries are the culprit in breaking the game this way regardless of the lack of any interest shown in this topic over the past 4 weeks. :3

-------------------------->

"Incompetent leadership promotes cronyism by default if not assiduously. As Aristotle noted about nature itself, group dynamics abhor a vacuum, often vigorously and with great inequity."

- from "Incisions With Precision & Excavations for Light" a collection of aphorisms and epigrams
by RJ.
"I need no warrant for being, and no word of sanction upon my being. I am the warrant and the sanction." Anthem

"Art is the selective recreation of reality according to the artist's metaphysical value judgments." A. Rand
Per
Warzone 2100 Team Member
Warzone 2100 Team Member

Post by Per »

Is the bug reported in the bug tracker? (Sorry people, when I have time to fix bugs, I checked the bug tracker only, I do not have time to go hunting through old forum threads. I think that goes for the rest of the team as well.)
whippersnapper
Regular
Regular

Post by whippersnapper »

Per wrote:Is the bug reported in the bug tracker? (Sorry people, when I have time to fix bugs, I checked the bug tracker only, I do not have time to go hunting through old forum threads. I think that goes for the rest of the team as well.)
Understandable.... and ultimately my bad for 2 reasons. One, for assuming Dylan Hsu would write it up on the bug-tracker like I suggested to him since he uncovered it with his new map... I just tested and diagnosed the particulars of the "break". And two - because once I confirmed in my testing with earlier binaries that it was indeed a "break" in the current series I should have gone forward and checked the bug tracker to see if it had been indeed written-up.

So... there are 3 of us actively involved here .... which one us shall write it up to the bug-tracker with the included map files and save game ?

Terminator
Regular
Regular

Post by Terminator »

I have same bug since I've converter 2c-passassault from old wdg to wz format. (and few maps have this bug too(again after converting)).
Attachments
2c-pass-assault.wz
(8.75 KiB) Downloaded 209 times
Death is the only way out... sh*t Happens !

Russian-speaking Social network Group http://vk.com/warzone2100
Per
Warzone 2100 Team Member
Warzone 2100 Team Member

Post by Per »

I tested the maps in 2.2.3 and I see the same issue here. In the trunk version it looks fine. I could not see where the error is ... yet.
Per
Warzone 2100 Team Member
Warzone 2100 Team Member

Post by Per »

And when I finally find the bug it is one of those duh! moments.:stressed: Fixed in r8208.
Buginator
Professional
Professional

Post by Buginator »

Per wrote:And when I finally find the bug it is one of those duh! moments.:stressed: Fixed in r8208.
:3
All that counts is it is fixed. :)
and it ends here.
whippersnapper
Regular
Regular

Post by whippersnapper »

Yep... all that matters is that you fixed it and pretty durn quick seems to me. Thanks Per. And my appology for not seeing to it being properly reported in the bug tracker some time back.

Regards, whip :cool:

"I need no warrant for being, and no word of sanction upon my being. I am the warrant and the sanction." Anthem

"Art is the selective recreation of reality according to the artist's metaphysical value judgments." A. Rand
lav_coyote25
Professional
Professional

Post by lav_coyote25 »

just a fer instance here - as i said i redid my map ... map size prior was 250 by 224. gave with the black all along the right side. at 250 by 250 it is normal... no anomalies at all. and what was the "duh moment" i do not understand what it is that your saying. xD