Porting maps from other RTS games

Get some help with creating maps or modding.
Need a map editor or other tools, look here!
tehloserer
Trained
Trained

Porting maps from other RTS games

Post by tehloserer »

This map is Python from StarCraft. It's the first of many, and not all will be from SC. I will do a few C&C and DoW maps as well.

This is possibly the most played map on B.net, other than $fastest$(NTW/TEAMWARS here) and Big Game Hunters(The Pit here). It ain't pretty, yet, but I wanted to get it out there so I can gather feedback on it. I know this isn't SC however, RTS is RTS and the basic principles of Python should still apply. Oil is in the corners and in the bases. Total of 44 on the whole map. Big bases to grow in. I'm also not done with this so currently you can build anywhere else. Once all the textures are done then there will be very few places to build in the middle. VTOL strikes in the back hurt alot on this map too ^_^

If anyone would like to help me pretty this up, gimme a shout. If anyone has a favorite map they would want brought in from another game, lemme know. Thanks. Also a big thanks to Mysteryem for helping me out with learning Edit World. Sorry I was all like "20 questions" every time we talked.
Attachments
4c-Python.wz
(4.19 KiB) Downloaded 212 times
Death to all,
And all must die!
That's the motto,
I'm living by!
BulletMagnet
Trained
Trained

Re: Porting maps from other RTS games

Post by BulletMagnet »

if you've played Supreme Commander; i'd like to see the map Seton's Clutch in.

in fact, they've already flogged our Clover.
icyflames
Trained
Trained

Post by icyflames »

I'd be very interested to see the map 'forest fires' from C&C Tiberian Sun on Warzone. If I ever learn to make maps, I'll attempt it myself.
Serman
Trained
Trained

Post by Serman »

I'd like to see some screenshots.
tehloserer
Trained
Trained

Post by tehloserer »

How's the playing on Python going? I know it's not a perfect clone, but hopefully it's close enough to play. I'm almost done with placing all the textured on the map. All I have left to do is the snake in the middle of the map. How can I make my own textures, and will they be supported in the game. I need a green mud to sandy brush texture. Three to be exact. Textures number 38, 39, and 40 of tile set 1 at size 128 are what I would edit by making the red mud into green mud.

I made the HMap for Seton's Clutch. That map is gonna be "fun" to make. lol. I'll get on the functional textures, cliff faces and water, once I get Python finished. I do like the map layout though. Will be good map for WZ. Couple of questions though. Having never played SupCom I have no idea what the resources were and how they were accrued. Where on the map are the resources located? They don't show on the picture of it I have.

I looked for Forest Fire to no avail. Could you link me to a picture of the map, or post one here?
Death to all,
And all must die!
That's the motto,
I'm living by!
icyflames
Trained
Trained

Post by icyflames »

Ah, cheers for the reply. I wouldn't dwell on it if you haven't played/got TibSun. This is the best I could do:

http://www.cncden.com/cnc3maps_classic.shtml

Search in your browser for forest fires, and you should get a rather useless picture of it. :ninja:
lav_coyote25
Professional
Professional

Post by lav_coyote25 »

icyflames wrote:Ah, cheers for the reply. I wouldn't dwell on it if you haven't played/got TibSun. This is the best I could do: http://www.cncden.com/cnc3maps_classic.shtml
Search in your browser for forest fires, and you should get a rather useless picture of it. :ninja:
well - i dunno about this importing thing from other games.... O_o
Attachments
anyone perhaps recognize this particular terrain...?
anyone perhaps recognize this particular terrain...?
Kacen
Trained
Trained

Post by Kacen »

BulletMagnet wrote:if you've played Supreme Commander; i'd like to see the map Seton's Clutch in.

in fact, they've already flogged our Clover.
Mmm Seton's clutch...I'd like to see that. Too bad the lack of naval units in WZ would make it's novelty lacking.
tehloserer
Trained
Trained

Post by tehloserer »

Serman wrote:I'd like to see some screenshots.
Ask and ye shall receive
Mini map view
Players base
The middle
High ground corners

Should I post completed maps in the showcase forums?
Attachments
4c-Python.wz
(6.85 KiB) Downloaded 216 times
Death to all,
And all must die!
That's the motto,
I'm living by!