Need help making a Weapon Mod

Get some help with creating maps or modding.
Need a map editor or other tools, look here!
NucNut
Trained
Trained

Need help making a Weapon Mod

Post by NucNut »

Hey all, i've been feeling an urge to make some WZ weapon mods for 2.10_beta4... The trouble is, i have not made any mods since the days of Warzone 1.10 and the Warzone Construction Kit (WZCK). Is there a similar program available to create mods for the resurrection version? I think i've asked about this earlier before....

Anyway, ive looked at the txt editing entry in the wiki, and was wondering if i could get a list of internal of componets (EG: Missile-A-T) to in-game weapon names (EG: Lancer :) ), and... basically lists of all the different variable options for all the... bits.

Well, you see in the txt editing manual, things like weaponSubClass = MACHINE GUN and the like.

Basically, if a WZCK style program is unavailable, I need an idiots guide to modding WZ that includes all the possible variables for all the fields available in the text files O_O

Any and all help you can provide will be greatly appreciated ;)
REDAC Aerospace: Proving that aircraft and terrain don't mix since 2005 :D
XFire Profile: dogzeroonefox
lav_coyote25
Professional
Professional

Re: Need help making a Weapon Mod

Post by lav_coyote25 »

NucNut wrote:Hey all, i've been feeling an urge to make some WZ weapon mods for 2.10_beta4... The trouble is, i have not made any mods since the days of Warzone 1.10 and the Warzone Construction Kit (WZCK). Is there a similar program available to create mods for the resurrection version? I think i've asked about this earlier before....

Anyway, ive looked at the txt editing entry in the wiki, and was wondering if i could get a list of internal of componets (EG: Missile-A-T) to in-game weapon names (EG: Lancer :) ), and... basically lists of all the different variable options for all the... bits.

Well, you see in the txt editing manual, things like weaponSubClass = MACHINE GUN and the like.

Basically, if a WZCK style program is unavailable, I need an idiots guide to modding WZ that includes all the possible variables for all the fields available in the text files O_O

Any and all help you can provide will be greatly appreciated ;)

:stressed: ... lol ... :stare: http://docs.wz2100.net/index.html - look under the utilities section - might help you a bit ... :D
NucNut
Trained
Trained

Post by NucNut »

Thanks lav thats great. But, does anybody know where a WZCK style program is? I think someone posted a similar program to the forums a while ago.... And if we can create a WZCK style program, it would be a lot easier to create mods.
Tiberian
Trained
Trained

Post by Tiberian »

lav_coyote25 wrote: :stressed: ... lol ... :stare: http://docs.wz2100.net/index.html - look under the utilities section - might help you a bit ... :D
bah. you need a sticky!
lav_coyote25
Professional
Professional

Post by lav_coyote25 »

NewTiberian wrote:
lav_coyote25 wrote: :stressed: ... lol ... :stare: http://docs.wz2100.net/index.html - look under the utilities section - might help you a bit ... :D
bah. you need a sticky!

bah!!! there is one if all of you damn well look. :scream:

its under the "help and troubleshooting " header. third from the damn top.... :stressed: viewforum.php?f=4

it isnt this forum that is doing the complaining ...its all of the forums over the years - since i started to do the damn documents project. :stressed:

which started approximately in 2002.

so shush and start reading...if you can!! xD
Buginator
Professional
Professional

Post by Buginator »

lav_coyote25 wrote:
NewTiberian wrote: bah. you need a sticky!
bah!!! there is one if all of you damn well look. :scream:

its under the "help and troubleshooting " header. third from the damn top.... :stressed: viewforum.php?f=4

it isnt this forum that is doing the complaining ...its all of the forums over the years - since i started to do the damn documents project. :stressed:

Why do I think if it was written with a 120pt font, and had flashing arrows around it, people would still not see it? :stressed:

Now, what are we looking for again? :-S ;)
Tiberian
Trained
Trained

Post by Tiberian »

lav_coyote25 wrote: bah!!! there is one if all of you damn well look. :scream:

eeep!. i SHOULD probably look :gonk:
NucNut
Trained
Trained

Post by NucNut »

... Anyway guys, how can i make my weapon available from the start of gameplay (always available) do i have to edit the research.txt file?
DarkCheetah
Trained
Trained

Post by DarkCheetah »

nucnut =D thats great if u gonna make mods for beta 4 =) i wonder how u edit the damage/shots per sendond/range ? just all in the TXT? =O
Buginator
Professional
Professional

Post by Buginator »

NucNut wrote:... Anyway guys, how can i make my weapon available from the start of gameplay (always available) do i have to edit the research.txt file?
Um, it is more than one file you edit, your best bet is to look at how other mods do it.

Perhaps one day, this stuff can all be written down in the wiki.

At least all the files are in a txt format, so you don't have to deal with binary data. :)
DarkCheetah
Trained
Trained

Post by DarkCheetah »

can i request a mini-pod upgrade? =3 like firing 4 shots per seconds =D that'l be nice ;)
DarkCheetah
Trained
Trained

Post by DarkCheetah »

sorry but i dont know how to do it =S the wiki is confusing
NucNut
Trained
Trained

Post by NucNut »

Well.... poop. :stare:
.txt editing is HARD! When we get a WZCK style program up and running, then ill start moddidng WZ again...

Anyway, the weapon i was gonna make was a single barrelled flak cannon, similar to that mounted on a modern day mobile AAA vehicle - HV Canon turret with a mortar barrel, AA Warhead, the idea being it could engage air or ground targets with the same level of shootiness. Main reason for doing this is the AI in the latest beta loves the VTOLs, and i'm finding it hard to shoehorn AA research in during a heated battle.

Meh. That said, i'd like to bring back some of my silly nucs-on-anything-and-everything mods for 1.11, if only for shits and giggles ;)
DarkCheetah
Trained
Trained

Post by DarkCheetah »

yes the ai put his base full with scorpion vtols like 100 of vtols 0_0
Spaceman
Trained
Trained

Post by Spaceman »

My suggestion would be to look here and start playing around with figures on the weapons txt. The ROF setting for warzone are really weird and annoying, its backwards the lower the figure the higher the rate of fire.
http://wiki.wz2100.net/Txt_Editing
For more you could ask black project (ultimate killer mod) (or the the guy with dolphin as his picture) but he seems to have problems with his mod.
Then when you get bored of that move on to more complicated stuff such as adding research, and use an example. copy paste the weapon and then change the name and add it to names txt and all other txt files (basically anything with research in the name). I would add it the wiki but I really can't be bugged seeing as no one would read it. Then change the weapon to match what you want. OK so this is a really cheap way of modding but it gets the job done. Make sure you have a descent txt editor otherwise these file can be very confusing.
I would not start modding till the stable comes out, because after each new release you find you mod does not work and its really annoying.
For anyone requesting anything, the most likely response you will get in this forum is DO IT YOURSELF. However I have taken on a few ideas such as the pulse laser (guass and scourge) bunker and changing the assault cannon.