Creating a weird Command Turret

Get some help with creating maps or modding.
Need a map editor or other tools, look here!
Talis_Cat
New user

Creating a weird Command Turret

Post by Talis_Cat »

Hi all, i'm new here ^^

I'm toying with modding the game but aiming at easy stuff so i usually don"t need tips/help apart from those already available.
That being said the Command Unit make me want to be able to set up rally point for units.
So i was thinking about creating a variant of command turret on a special propulsion.
Basically it would work like that :

Body :
- Any will do. An invincible body could be fun but just giving a shitload of HP to turret (and some auto repair ?) will do

Propulsion :
- Available in basic factory for free
- Flying but never landing so it doesn't get in the way

Turret :
-Infinite Range so i can aim at stuff without the unit moving
- Not auto attacking (can be done with order but would be fun if it could be only behavior)
- 0 line of sight (it's not for scouting ...)
Else it would pretty much act as a command turret

Other stuff :
- AI ignore it (a must, of course, don't want to screw AI behavior)
- Some way to prevent it to act as a sensor for artillery
- Not getting in the way of assigning stuff to some other command turret or sensor

So far i think it's almost impossible (mostly because of the never landing and ai ignore) but, since i could "recycle" some stuff for other mod, i would love to have those various change tagged as relatively easy, hard/very hard (basically need to change a lot of file everywhere for a small result), probably impossible (or need to tweak other stuff than .wz)

Also i was wondering if there was way to add thing to a file without changing it all. Like adding a research. I toyed with creating a AddResearch.json and add it to the wrf but it doesn't seem to work. Ideally it would be added at the end of the main file, so it overides entry already present in it.

And if there was a way to add ahotkey to select stuff for current selection (like pressing some key while double clicking a unit in current selection would select similar unit but only in said selection). There might actually be already one that i'm nto aware of, in fact. I seem to remember it was possible back in the day but it was long ago, might just be my memory tricking me. It has nothing to do with main subject, sorry about it XD

Well that's it, thanks for any help :)