I Finally want to pursue this hobby..

Get some help with creating maps or modding.
Need a map editor or other tools, look here!
Campbell
New user

I Finally want to pursue this hobby..

Post by Campbell »

Hey Guys!

Thrilled to be posting here, I played this game as a kid and have loved it ever since. I'm 25 now, work life is busy aswell as personal life, but I need a hobby (other than airsoft!)

I've always wanted to get into modding, I want to create new weapons, bodies, buildings, ,maps, sounds, everything! I have new ideas for enemy factions, even want to record voices and create an entirely new campaign, but I'm not sure what I need to use.

I'm at a point in my life where i'm moving house with my girlfriend, saving for important things etc and in the future I want to get a decent PC for things like this and eventually going forward, modding things like fallout and skyrim. I currently only have acces to an apple mac. Not even a new one, one from around 7 years ago maybe? as i'm still with my parents. I have no experience with this, and I know this will take lots of work but its something I've been wanting to do for the last 2 decades.

Thank you for reading, if my pc doesn't make the cut ,tell me and i'll put this on hold until I have a better one, if my experience being non existent is a huge issue, point me where I need to go!

So my question is, what do I need to create maps, 3D models etc? for a Mac (for now)?

Thanks guys, I've always loved the dedication from this small community, I hope I fit the bill.
Maitreyarck
Rookie
Rookie

Re: I Finally want to pursue this hobby..

Post by Maitreyarck »

Bonjour Campbell !

I can't wait to see your mods, if they come to be added in the game updates, I will make maps to highlight them. I will do my best to make Warzone 2100 richer in content and more entertaining. Think about increasing the defense, it's missing in the game. :3
alfred007
Regular
Regular

Re: I Finally want to pursue this hobby..

Post by alfred007 »

Campbell wrote: 19 Apr 2022, 17:07 Hey Guys!

Thrilled to be posting here, I played this game as a kid and have loved it ever since. I'm 25 now, work life is busy aswell as personal life, but I need a hobby (other than airsoft!)

I've always wanted to get into modding, I want to create new weapons, bodies, buildings, ,maps, sounds, everything! I have new ideas for enemy factions, even want to record voices and create an entirely new campaign, but I'm not sure what I need to use.

I'm at a point in my life where i'm moving house with my girlfriend, saving for important things etc and in the future I want to get a decent PC for things like this and eventually going forward, modding things like fallout and skyrim. I currently only have acces to an apple mac. Not even a new one, one from around 7 years ago maybe? as i'm still with my parents. I have no experience with this, and I know this will take lots of work but its something I've been wanting to do for the last 2 decades.

Thank you for reading, if my pc doesn't make the cut ,tell me and i'll put this on hold until I have a better one, if my experience being non existent is a huge issue, point me where I need to go!

So my question is, what do I need to create maps, 3D models etc? for a Mac (for now)?

Thanks guys, I've always loved the dedication from this small community, I hope I fit the bill.
Hello Campbell,

glad that you want to help us. The community is now more active on the new official Discord server. You can find a lot of people who can give you very useful tips. Come and join us. https://discordapp.com/invite/ZvRVQ8g