World Edit 32 crashes when start creating Gateways, please help.

Get some help with creating maps or modding.
Need a map editor or other tools, look here!
DesReaper
Greenhorn

World Edit 32 crashes when start creating Gateways, please help.

Post by DesReaper »

I recently started playing around with the map editor and i've read all the other posts but it seems my problem was in there.

When I go to create the Gateways (I click the GT button) then the map editor crashes saying
"Editworld32 has caused an error in EDITWORLD32.EXE. Editworld32 will now close. If you continue to experience problems, try restarting your computer." and then a message saying "Editworld32 has caused an error in MFC71.DLL. Editworld32 will now close. If you continue to experience problems, try restarting your computer."

I have checked the location of the dll files and there all correct, the directories are correct. I've tried restarting my computer, and tried on the test map (map 10a.lnd) and the same problem occurs, however if i dont load any project the map editor does not crash if i click on the GT button. Ive been trying to fix this for about 3 hours now, I appreciate it if someone could give me help. Thank you for your time.
Buginator
Professional
Professional

Re: World Edit 32 crashes when start creating Gateways, please help.

Post by Buginator »

DesReaper wrote: I recently started playing around with the map editor and i've read all the other posts but it seems my problem was in there.

When I go to create the Gateways (I click the GT button) then the map editor crashes saying
"Editworld32 has caused an error in EDITWORLD32.EXE. Editworld32 will now close. If you continue to experience problems, try restarting your computer." and then a message saying "Editworld32 has caused an error in MFC71.DLL. Editworld32 will now close. If you continue to experience problems, try restarting your computer."

I have checked the location of the dll files and there all correct, the directories are correct. I've tried restarting my computer, and tried on the test map (map 10a.lnd) and the same problem occurs, however if i dont load any project the map editor does not crash if i click on the GT button. Ive been trying to fix this for about 3 hours now, I appreciate it if someone could give me help. Thank you for your time.
Try the one in the sticky, that is updated for 2.1.
I just tried it on this end, and I didn't crash when hitting the GT button, so perhaps a corrupted file?
and it ends here.
DesReaper
Greenhorn

Post by DesReaper »

what do you mean by sticky (sorry if its a dumb question), and thank you for your reply
Buginator
Professional
Professional

Post by Buginator »

DesReaper wrote: what do you mean by sticky (sorry if its a dumb question), and thank you for your reply
At the top of the forum section, the "sticky" posts.
and it ends here.
DesReaper
Greenhorn

Post by DesReaper »

Is still cant create gateways it crashes with the same message
Buginator
Professional
Professional

Post by Buginator »

DesReaper wrote: Is still cant create gateways it crashes with the same message
This is with the sample map "map10a.lnd" ?

Can you walk me through the exact steps your are doing, since after I load that map up, I hit the GT button, then I make some gateways, and it don't crash.  I also am pretty sure that others have used this as well, and this is the first report of this that I can remember.

For that error message ""Editworld32 has caused an error in MFC71.DLL. Editworld32 will now close. If you continue to experience problems, try restarting your computer.""  That is a windows error message, and I guess your MFC71.DLL is corrupted.
and it ends here.
DesReaper
Greenhorn

Post by DesReaper »

Well its not just the sample map its any map even ones i create, i would make sense if i do have a corrupted MFC71.DLL, and i have tried downloading it from 3 or 4 different sources. If its not to much to ask could you just email me your world edit folder or a working one, or perhaps your copy of the DLLs I would highly apprciate it, if you can't this is what happens I open any project file (.lnd), and then I click on the GT button then it crashes (I've tried it around 15 times, one of which there was no error message just the world edit crashed) and then i get those 2 messages.

If you would be kind enough to send me a working MFC71.DLL or a working World edit folder (perhaps theres something wrong with my comp., this would make it easier for me to find out, so I may not waste your time) My email is [email protected]

Thank you for all the help, even if we cant find a solution, I know this is only a problem I have experienced trust me i spent around 2 hours searching threw the fourms

Im going to go ahead I try Reinstalling it and getting the dll's from a different source.
It still didn't work, im out of ideas I believe its my Comp. what do you think?
Last edited by DesReaper on 17 Apr 2008, 05:42, edited 1 time in total.
Buginator
Professional
Professional

Post by Buginator »

You get it working yet?

lav_coyote25 said he has the .dlls you need, if you still need them, just PM him.
and it ends here.
DarkCheetah
Trained
Trained

Post by DarkCheetah »

sorry i interupt this topic but can i get the FULL editor for the latest wz? 2.1 beta?

thanks!
*DarkCheetah~
... where did all the good ol classic ai's gone to? Turtle AI , Super AI
Buginator
Professional
Professional

Post by Buginator »

DarkCheetah wrote: sorry i interupt this topic but can i get the FULL editor for the latest wz? 2.1 beta?

thanks!
*DarkCheetah~
There is no full version, until whoever made the old version modify it with the new .exe.
For now, just get the older one, and then use the one in the sticky for 2.1.
and it ends here.
DarkCheetah
Trained
Trained

Post by DarkCheetah »

Buginator wrote: There is no full version, until whoever made the old version modify it with the new .exe.
For now, just get the older one, and then use the one in the sticky for 2.1.
as far as i know , my wz directory got 2.1 but where to find the old one? is it the map editor for the CD warzone?
... where did all the good ol classic ai's gone to? Turtle AI , Super AI
Buginator
Professional
Professional

Post by Buginator »

DarkCheetah wrote: as far as i know , my wz directory got 2.1 but where to find the old one? is it the map editor for the CD warzone?
You get Ew32 from the info in the sticky at the top of the forum, both the 'original' and the 'modified' one.
and it ends here.
DarkCheetah
Trained
Trained

Re: World Edit 32 crashes when start creating Gateways, please h

Post by DarkCheetah »

i dont work.. i need something with 32 bits... but my configurations are on 32 bits... how is this be?