[SOLVED] Version 3.3.0 does not let me modify the structure limits (multiplay/script/multilim.slo & .vlo)

Get some help with creating maps or modding.
Need a map editor or other tools, look here!
Doruletz
Trained
Trained

[SOLVED] Version 3.3.0 does not let me modify the structure limits (multiplay/script/multilim.slo & .vlo)

Post by Doruletz »

I like to create MODS for Single Player Skirmish games, against various AI's...

In almost all previous versions, I was always able to modify the multiplay/script/multilim.slo & multiplay/script/multilim.vlo files, in order to limit certain features, or to increase already existing limits.

Examples:
To have 10 Research Facilities instead of only 5,
or to limit the number of Ripple Rocket Batteries, or Bombard Pits that each player can build.

For some reason, I was unable to achieve the same results in the latest v3.3.0, although I modify the above named files, when I launch the game, the default limits are still in place.

Anybody knows why?
What, if anything, extra need to be modified in this particular version of the game, 3.3.0 ???
Last edited by Doruletz on 09 Apr 2020, 14:01, edited 1 time in total.
What do I think about Window$ ??? Just see my AVATAR...
Berserk Cyborg
Code contributor
Code contributor

Re: Version 3.3.0 does not let me modify the structure limits (multiplay/script/multilim.slo & .vlo)

Post by Berserk Cyborg »

Those files won't do anything in 3.3.0. Since 924135c98d630d638fcee74b8ebf85d10af2dfa1 the limits are now part of the structure stat file itself. See stats/structure.json and search for "userLimits" for examples.

"userLimits": [ x, y, z ] would set x minimum, y as the default base limit, and z as the maximum limit.
Doruletz
Trained
Trained

Re: Version 3.3.0 does not let me modify the structure limits (multiplay/script/multilim.slo & .vlo)

Post by Doruletz »

Berserk Cyborg,
As always, you're a life saver...
Thank you for your quick reply
Berserk Cyborg wrote: 09 Apr 2020, 05:38 Those files won't do anything in 3.3.0. Since 924135c98d630d638fcee74b8ebf85d10af2dfa1 the limits are now part of the structure stat file itself. See stats/structure.json and search for "userLimits" for examples.

"userLimits": [ x, y, z ] would set x minimum, y as the default base limit, and z as the maximum limit.
What do I think about Window$ ??? Just see my AVATAR...