Arziona Textures Halfed?

Get some help with creating maps or modding.
Need a map editor or other tools, look here!
TonyTheSlayer
Trained
Trained

Arziona Textures Halfed?

Post by TonyTheSlayer »

Hi,

I had to reinstall windows on my computer because it crashed one day and died. :'( I had to reinstall EditWorld, and now when I use the Arizona data set, all the tiles, except the features and structures, are cut. The road tile is cut in half horizontally straight down the middle. :o I'm not sure if this happened before the crash, but is this normal in any way, if not, what should I do? ???
Buginator
Professional
Professional

Re: Arziona Textures Halfed?

Post by Buginator »

TonyTheSlayer wrote: Hi,

I had to reinstall windows on my computer because it crashed one day and died. :'( I had to reinstall EditWorld, and now when I use the Arizona data set, all the tiles, except the features and structures, are cut. The road tile is cut in half horizontally straight down the middle. :o I'm not sure if this happened before the crash, but is this normal in any way, if not, what should I do? ???
Nope, not normal.
As for what you should do, you can start by saying which editor you installed.  Then your OS.
If this is on windows (I guess you could be using wine...;)), I assume you already updated the OS with all the latest patches.  The same goes with all the other drivers.
If your all patched up, then I would redownload EW32 (assuming that is the one you are using), and install it again in a different directory, and uninstall the old one.
and it ends here.
Serman
Trained
Trained

Post by Serman »

The texture set thats being used in EditWorld is not the same one thats being used in-game.

I dont know how to fix it, but you should provide a screenshot to elaborate.

Cause the way you made it sound like, it sounds like a bug.
TonyTheSlayer
Trained
Trained

Post by TonyTheSlayer »

Here is the picture requested. ;D
Attachments
EditWorldBUG.jpg
Deathguise
Trained
Trained

Post by Deathguise »

Ive seen this issue before it usually occurs when the Tile Texture Size(under Map Preferences) is not increased to 128.
"Abandon All Hope" - Chiggy von Richthofen
Ziasod
Trained
Trained

Post by Ziasod »

oh my i worked with at program. most have been ages ago :D or just 1 :P
I only wish 3 things in life; Beer, Happines and mêh own personal Mamoth tank!
Serman
Trained
Trained

Post by Serman »

I still don't understand why Grim's Tileset is in the EditWorld.

It should be the default Arizona tileset, but it's not even there.

Why can't someone fix this?
DevUrandom
Regular
Regular

Post by DevUrandom »

Make Grim's tileset the default for Warzone 2100?
It once was, but many people complained, iirc. So it was reverted to the original.
Buginator
Professional
Professional

Post by Buginator »

Deathguise wrote: Ive seen this issue before it usually occurs when the Tile Texture Size(under Map Preferences) is not increased to 128.
Ding Ding Ding... yup, that is the case.  You win a lifetime supply of virtual cookies. :D
Serman wrote: I still don't understand why Grim's Tileset is in the EditWorld.

It should be the default Arizona tileset, but it's not even there.

Why can't someone fix this?
From what I read, back when the editor was first hacked to support png, this was done so that the artist (Grim) could see how his changes looked in maps.  There is some info about this in the berlios ML.
The author of the changes never finished before they left, and the only thing left behind was his original (?) build, which happens to include Grim's pngs since I assume that is what they were using for testing.

Fast forward to now, since that is the last working version that had png support, it was released 'as is'.
There are new editors coming though.

It is also kinda hard to please everyone, the wz purists want the same colors/themes and so on. (Check the ML or maybe the IRC logs about all the flak they got about this--or talk to the wz historian ;))

So for now, the only way to "fix" this is to use a mod.

It also doesn't help that only 1 out of the 4 tilesets were upgraded, so you have a good looking tileset, and then you have the other low res. normal wz tilesets.  They don't really mesh together all that well in terms of eye candy.
and it ends here.