Tell, what is necessary to make new models for Warzone 2100 with new textures?

Get some help with creating maps or modding.
Need a map editor or other tools, look here!
Speeder
Trained
Trained

Tell, what is necessary to make new models for Warzone 2100 with new textures?

Post by Speeder »

Hi! Tell, what is necessary to make new models for Warzone 2100 with new textures of higher sanction? 

We want to make new models and to pull on them new textures, what we for this purpose should have? What programs? Result the links to them download, please.

As well as than then to convert models? And how in to pie to a file to attach good textures???
DevUrandom
Regular
Regular

Re: Tell, what is necessary to make new models for Warzone 2100 with new textures?

Post by DevUrandom »

Currently creating models is quite hard, because you need PIESlicer, which can't load PNG textures. (Correct me if I'm wrong.)
Creating textures might be a little bit easier. But still I'd wait for a later version. Perhaps in 1/4 - 1/2 year we have something usable...

(Please correct me if I am talking crap and WZ is currently easily modable.)
C01eMaN
Trained
Trained

Re: Tell, what is necessary to make new models for Warzone 2100 with new texture

Post by C01eMaN »

with a tool that is in or will be in development in the near future  ;)
Im Addicted To Warzone!!!!!!!
DevUrandom
Regular
Regular

Re: Tell, what is necessary to make new models for Warzone 2100 with new textures?

Post by DevUrandom »

Nicely said Co1eMaN. :) Even though I won't say "near". :P
Troman
Trained
Trained

Re: Tell, what is necessary to make new models for Warzone 2100 with new texture

Post by Troman »

Can't you just use Pie Slicer and the texture format it supports to create pie models and skin them and the just use png file instead of the texture format it supports? Am I missing anything?

Back in the NEWST days I was skinning models manually, creating models is a bit more diffucult, but you have Pie Slicer for that.
?topic=1617.0
C01eMaN
Trained
Trained

Post by C01eMaN »

pie slicer isnt compatable with the wrp version of wz anymore...
or atleast i cant get it to work anyway
Im Addicted To Warzone!!!!!!!
DevUrandom
Regular
Regular

Post by DevUrandom »

The PIE format hasn't changed. Youd' just need to convert the textures you want to use to a format PIESlicer supports (PCX I think) and create the model. If that is too inconvenient for you, you have to wait...
Terminator
Regular
Regular

Post by Terminator »

thanks gods that this PIeslicer is exist  :-[

But this editor makes big slow down in creation process. Woorking in 3DsMax I fill comfortable & when even look on PIEslicer I fill carry.
Death is the only way out... sh*t Happens !

Russian-speaking Social network Group http://vk.com/warzone2100
Speeder
Trained
Trained

Post by Speeder »

i think need to do somthink with wz for support .x files or somthink ather 3 format...
i think that .pie format have not future...
rush2049
Trained
Trained

Post by rush2049 »

we need to find a format that carries UV texture coordinats with the file, otherwise we have no way of texturing....
System:AMD Phenom II x6 1055T @3.511ghz, 8GB DDR3 @1672.2mhz 9-9-9-24, Geforce GTX 275
Kamaze
Regular
Regular

Post by Kamaze »

I would like a 'switch' to *.obj or *.3ds
Render *.3ds should be easy, but converting the current pie to 3ds...
We all have the same heaven, but not the same horizon.
Terminator
Regular
Regular

Post by Terminator »

Kamaze wrote: I would like a 'switch' to *.obj or *.3ds
Render *.3ds should be easy, but converting the current pie to 3ds...

I'm agree with you *.3ds will be wonderfull , what about current pie so we can convert it to 3ds easy. if Programmers will give us this chance its not a problem to convert ;)
Death is the only way out... sh*t Happens !

Russian-speaking Social network Group http://vk.com/warzone2100
Watermelon
Code contributor
Code contributor

Post by Watermelon »

The pie format has pretty simple structure,but I dont think you can make it interchangeable with mainstream 3d format easily because of the unique features of pie format.
tasks postponed until the trunk is relatively stable again.