addons author_mapname?

Get some help with creating maps or modding.
Need a map editor or other tools, look here!
vexed
Inactive
Inactive

Re: addons author_mapname?

Post by vexed »

NoQ wrote:We have search by title already for that :hmm:
Also, title and map name aren't the same thing :hmm:
In the game, when you try to pick a map ?
/facepalm ...Grinch stole Warzone🙈🙉🙊 contra principia negantem non est disputandum
Super busy, don't expect a timely reply back.
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

Ah, yeah, that XD
Need to play the game more often :stressed:
Merowingg
Regular
Regular

Post by Merowingg »

I have made a few maps, and I believe their names in the suffixes are oryginal enough not to confuse people.

I have even managend to invent and input abbreviations of particular common patterns so a player could navigate even easier.

I understand everything here, I gave my history about a guy, due to who I type here. I am not to change anything.

I like the idea of filters or switching off parts of the names very much then. At the same time I know it is again a lot of work, and it was unavoidable and will be, if the new addons is to maintain for example 500 maps and increasing.

I will make a sort of joke saying sorry I have made so many maps, and I am sorry I am so persistent at some terms.

I would also like to say thank you for many things I have evolved with due to you all, like smileys, or oil number, not extremely flat, and so on.
“Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, and ideas are bulletproof.” - V

"Mark my words boy, Mark them well, I have survived your predecessors and I will survive you." - Merovingian

Regards - Mero
Originway
Trained
Trained

Post by Originway »

Merowingg wrote: I understand everything here, I gave my history about a guy, due to who I type here. I am not to change anything.
:roll:
:roll:
down vote all these kinds of maps is better?
Originway
Trained
Trained

Post by Originway »

vexed wrote: You ask me, it is highly annoying.
At this rate, we need to make filters that remove certain map authors from the listing, so we can at least see a alphabetical list of the addons.
right on!
how would the filters work you can only filter one vainiack at a time :( :shakehead: :shakehead:
Merowingg
Regular
Regular

Post by Merowingg »

down vote all these kinds of maps is better?
What kinds of maps are better?

And you need to place multiple nicks at once?
“Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, and ideas are bulletproof.” - V

"Mark my words boy, Mark them well, I have survived your predecessors and I will survive you." - Merovingian

Regards - Mero
Originway
Trained
Trained

Post by Originway »

nice change to addons to stop map flooding!
Merowingg
Regular
Regular

Post by Merowingg »

I believe new and new maps appearing in the addons were indeed making you angry. Now, if four and four only is the maximum number to be submitted at once, and with the pace our Gentlemen check them, and upload them, it is no longer a problem :3

Also if 966 maps with name starting with Q for example, will take hundreds of hours to check them through in the year 2100. Please always remember that this little place with boxes to the right, allow you to search for a map in multiple ways. Also if the side will not be helpful, then if you click onto particular table section at the top of the table, it will make all the existing maps, or mods, into growing, or decreasing number, in terms of whichever section you will click.

I believe the creators of the very device are sorry for wasting our time, at the same time I know they need a lot of volunteers who can help program numerous things of ours.

Regards - Mero
Originway
Trained
Trained

Post by Originway »

you can not filter out maps with a name that does not start with Q :roll:
Merowingg
Regular
Regular

Post by Merowingg »

Dear gods.. So I believe that numerous maps starting with any letter of the alphabet are a problem for you already. I can image one scrolling through hundreds of A started, then B started. If only we could have any serching device. Or at least the Addons to accept 200 maps, who faster is better, and close it.

No worries, thank you for clearly reasurring me of the purpose of your answers.

At the same time I reassure you I will keep answering with premeditation untill your attitude and purpose will change creativly, productivly, and will bring us help.

Regards - Mero
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

Do Not Feed The Trolls Please :beg:
Merowingg
Regular
Regular

Post by Merowingg »

Sorry NoQ, hmmm meybe indeed :hmm: I didn't even start with "mark my words" am I getting old? :hmm: ah no, it is because I am busy :3

Regards - Mero
Duha
Trained
Trained

Post by Duha »

Merowingg wrote:Sorry NoQ, hmmm meybe indeed :hmm: I didn't even start with "mark my words" am I getting old? :hmm: ah no, it is because I am busy :3
I mark your words with Mero :)
Mero_Sorry Mero_NoQ, Mero_hmmm Mero_meybe Mero_indeed :hmm: Mero_I Mero_didn't Mero_even Mero_start Mero_with Mero_"mark Mero_my Mero_words" Mero_am Mero_I Mero_getting Mero_old? :hmm: Mero_ah Mero_no, Mero_it Mero_is Mero_because Mero_I Mero_am Mero_busy :3
http://addons.wz2100.net/ developer
Merowingg
Regular
Regular

Post by Merowingg »

Hehe :D I have to admit that this is good one :)

I hope you know that what I ment was that, in the situation when I got very angry becasue of a person, especially "attacking" one, I type a post beginning with "mark my words" :)

Duha I have completelly forgotten about your trip, please PM me how were things. I wanted to give you some places but I have really hectic weeks recently. It is best wisible in the mapmaking thread :(

Regards for the Joker :)

Regards - Mero
Berg
Regular
Regular

Post by Berg »

Lets actualy talk about the thread topic.
addons author_mapname?
The advantages of having the author name 8c-authorname-mapname.wz makes it easier to delete it from the map folder cause they all group together in the folder.
This can be said to be a good thing.
The disadvantage is if you have too many maps that start with the same name you cant actually select a map without hover the mouse over it and this can get annoying.
Like others have said the vanity map naming craze that has invaded the game should place the name of the author at the end of the maps name that way it can be ignored by the game.
Just my 2 cents worth.