Does this game support a 4th factory type?

Get some help with creating maps or modding.
Need a map editor or other tools, look here!
3drts
Trained
Trained

Does this game support a 4th factory type?

Post by 3drts »

Buildable Scav factories with all templates enabled with no research please?
And of course, all scav templates only buildable from scav factories.

Scav building templates enabled with no research would be awesome too.

Zarel no-likey my 2-4 starting vipers to go along with 2 starting trucks idea (like in C-1 M-1), well maybe 4 scavenger infantry and 2 trucks would be ok?
KukY
Regular
Regular

Re: Does this game support a 4th factory type?

Post by KukY »

3drts wrote:Buildable Scav factories with all templates enabled with no research please?
And of course, all scav templates only buildable from scav factories.

Scav building templates enabled with no research would be awesome too.

Zarel no-likey my 2-4 starting vipers to go along with 2 starting trucks idea (like in C-1 M-1), well maybe 4 scavenger infantry and 2 trucks would be ok?
Scavanger factories are only Light Factories(no modules) with diffrent look. They aren't special factory type so what you are saying is not possible without lot of coding.....
I think someone made a Scavanger templates mod, but it is broken in newest beta(10).

Scavanger building templates?
Maybe.
Without research?
No. Maybe only some.
Because some Scav structures have advanced weapons as Lancers or Mortars.
3drts
Trained
Trained

Post by 3drts »

Well, if scav factories are just light factories with a different "skin", can they be moved to a 4th "class" of factory?

scav lancers are weak.... I don't think any scav structure rates higher than an MG tower for DamagePerSecond*Hitpoints.

You can say Scav weapons are "Scavenged", whereas the current weapons are "produced" and need blueprints before you can make them.

Does any scav vehicle have the hitpoints of a viper?
Can any scav vehicle go toe-to-to with an MG viper Wheels? (lets assume the mg viper does its best to keep its distance from the flamer fire trucks)

MG vipers can attack any scav fortification pretty safely... MG vipers die against MG towers (after all, you get the semi-advanced heavy machine gun before you've actually researched it)...
I think it would be ok....
But I can see delaying some until mini-pod and mortar research if need be.

Scav factories+ templates would be for "real" rushes, not stupid truck rushes, start all out, delay research, just advance with infantry and crappy vehicles...
Or at least have some things ready to stop a tower rush...
A few scav infranty could probably down a truck before it got a tower up.

Woe to you if you are still using scav towers and infantry when a twin MG halftrack viper comes out....
Zarel
Elite
Elite

Post by Zarel »

3drts wrote:Zarel no-likey my 2-4 starting vipers to go along with 2 starting trucks idea (like in C-1 M-1), well maybe 4 scavenger infantry and 2 trucks would be ok?
That's not the problem. The problem is that you're starting the game with a unit with weapons that players can control. It's a bit better since trucks can run over the scavs, but I still don't think it's the right solution.
Olrox
Art contributor

Post by Olrox »

That niche is also very weak, IMO.

A more interesting (and ambitious) idea would be to have T0 games, where the players build scavenger things first and then must research "pre-collapse building adaptations" technology to access the normal base structures. It would take a lot of work but would look very nice and, with proper balancing, pretty much add a new (properly said) technology tier.

But I say it'd take a good team of willing modders and artists to make such drastical modifications.

However, in the current state, simply adding a new factory type wouldn't be interesting at all, I think. Unless you're planning on doing that to play with your friends only, in some particular matches. I, personally, don't see why that would be interesting, would rather try to gather a handful of skilled, already existing modders and bring forth a strong "scav-movement". That wouldn't be too hard if you are loquacious enough and know who to talk with.

Once again (or still), the lack of coordination can represent a large gap between design and execution. Big things can be made, but you must have the willpower to persuade people and keep the idea alive & healthy.
muffenme
Greenhorn

Post by muffenme »

I know I seen something like but I like it to use the cyborg factory instead. A scav is just a weaker cyborg.