Art Revolution mod. Latest release: January, 2015

Did you create a mod, map, music, or a tool? Present them here and earn feedback!
Note: addon requests do not belong here.
Note, everything uploaded to this forum, MUST have a license!
BenevolentX
Greenhorn

Re: Art Revolution mod. Latest release: January, 2015

Post by BenevolentX »

Yeah, it definitely seems related to the fact that it tries to download the mod from the host. Another little tidbit of info is that every time it tried to download to me as a joiner and causes the crash. If I look in my mods folder after, and then the downloads folder inside that I will always have a new file that is completely empty and named "000000000000000..." basically infinitely repeating zeros (maybe like 30 realistically). It will also show up as mod "0000000000.." loaded on the top left of warzone main menu after I get kicked due to host crashing, but it's literally an empty file with zeros for a name so really nothing is actually loaded.
Berg
Regular
Regular

Post by Berg »

WZ2100ModsFAn wrote: 12 Jul 2019, 18:44 Was that an implemented feature that got removed? The download mod where it automatically downloads the mod from the host.
Also the Youtube BBCode doesn't work now that the board got upgraded.
Mods have never downloaded from host only maps with mods inside.
Even thought this is off topic
The youtube code is set so you only have to put the identifier of the video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Os_usLE1yKc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=(this part is the idendifier Os_usLE1yKc)
so place that between the youtube tags [youtube][/youtube]
WZ2100ModsFAn
Trained
Trained

Post by WZ2100ModsFAn »

Please only quote what is applicable
This post has been shortend
Berg wrote: 14 Jul 2019, 00:02 The youtube code is set so you only have to put the identifier of the video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Os_usLE1yKc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=(this part is the idendifier Os_usLE1yKc)
so place that between the youtube tags [youtube][/youtube]
So it got updated so it only uses part of the youtube link now.
Berserk Cyborg
Code contributor
Code contributor

Post by Berserk Cyborg »

BenevolentX wrote: 13 Jul 2019, 00:56 Yeah, it definitely seems related to the fact that it tries to download the mod from the host.
Can you try again with the latest dev build and see if you encounter any issues or crash when using Windows? This should be fixed with the merging of PR 441.
Berg
Regular
Regular

Post by Berg »

When did it get decided to add the feature mod downloads?
WZ2100ModsFAn
Trained
Trained

Post by WZ2100ModsFAn »

When i start the game with the mod autloaded alone. The game lags a ton in campaign it's pretty unbearable to me.
The lag still happens even on the latest version of master.
My GPU is Radeon R7 240.
GPU developer is MSI.
Do i have to upgrade for my PC to support higher textures?
BenevolentX
Greenhorn

Post by BenevolentX »

Berserk Cyborg wrote: 14 Jul 2019, 20:09
BenevolentX wrote: 13 Jul 2019, 00:56 Yeah, it definitely seems related to the fact that it tries to download the mod from the host.
Can you try again with the latest dev build and see if you encounter any issues or crash when using Windows? This should be fixed with the merging of PR 441.
TOTALLY WORKED!!!! NO WAY!!!!

Thank you all so much for your help and support on all of this!!!! Was able to play a couple of rounds last night with my brother, both of us having the mod! It was awesome!

Have yet to try joining him without myself having the mod to see what it is like having to download it from him and how long that might take/if any problems would arise (was way too excited to just play yesterday after it worked) but if we both have the mod it just says right away "Ready" with a little download arrow and I can check the box to start the game!
BenevolentX
Greenhorn

Post by BenevolentX »

WZ2100ModsFAn wrote: 17 Jul 2019, 01:33 When I start the game with the mod autoloaded alone. The game lags a ton in the campaign it's pretty unbearable to me.
The lag still happens even on the latest version of master.
My GPU is Radeon R7 240.
GPU developer is MSI.
Do I have to upgrade for my PC to support higher textures?
Yeah, I actually noticed the same thing when playing a couple of rounds with my brother last night. Mind you I'm running on an 8700k and an RTX 2080, with 32GB of ram...and even still...more than 20 units moving on the screen and I drop from the 165hz FPS cap of my monitor...down to a nearly unplayable 15 FPS until I move the camera away from the moving units. I was playing on 4x anti-aliasing and plan to try 2x this evening but frankly, that shouldn't matter as I'm used to maxing out just about anything.
BenevolentX
Greenhorn

Post by BenevolentX »

Realizing that my last post kinda comes off as me flexing a but in all truth, I'm simply trying to convey that even on a fairly overkill system I'm still experiencing the same extreme lag rated to the MOD.
BenevolentX
Greenhorn

Post by BenevolentX »

Oh and finally, slightly off-topic question but should I be playing warzone using the portable master download, or the installer based mater download. What's gonna be the Pros and Cons of each? Currently using the portable master and having issues with it saving my unit designs, no clue if that related at all.
Jorzi
Regular
Regular

Post by Jorzi »

Hi BenevolentX, glad you were able to run the mod.
I think the slowdown you experienced with lots of units moving might be due to the shadow casting. I think the hotkey to disable shadows ingame was alt+s. The problem is the shadow mesh is generated on the CPU and the whole code is totally single-threaded afaik. This means only the single-core speed of the CPU matters. Also it directly depends on the number of polygons on screen which is of course higher with the new models.
ImageImage
-insert deep philosophical statement here-
MaNGusT
Art contributor

Post by MaNGusT »

Just released a new version of AR mod.
This is mostly a maintenance release to make it work with Warzone 4.0.0 :)
Get it HERE

Known issues:
-Babas soldier animation doesn't work properly due to new interpolated animation feature
-some models are not visible in this version of mod
Illy974
New user

Post by Illy974 »

Hello.
Sorry for my English, I'm French and not very good at English.
I wanted you first to congratulate you on your work, it is great.
I use your mod, and I wanted to report a small display bug concerning the new model of the whirlwind AA, the muzzlegfx is not displayed. I tried several muzzle, nothing, he doesn't play. The problem seems to come from the fact that the start of the fire starts in or under the turret, and not in front like all the other weapons. It's a small detail, but every detail makes the game beautiful, right? ^^
Good luck for the future.
Lord High Unggoy
Greenhorn

Post by Lord High Unggoy »

Oh yea, the Babas soldier animations being messed up is kinda creepy, seeing their arms move around. Also they get stuck in their attack animation for some reason.
Can't wait for all the models to be complete. Keep up with the good work.
Illy974
New user

Post by Illy974 »

Illy974 wrote: 15 Mar 2021, 12:11 Hello.
Sorry for my English, I'm French and not very good at English.
I wanted you first to congratulate you on your work, it is great.
I use your mod, and I wanted to report a small display bug concerning the new model of the whirlwind AA, the muzzlegfx is not displayed. I tried several muzzle, nothing, he doesn't play. The problem seems to come from the fact that the start of the fire starts in or under the turret, and not in front like all the other weapons. It's a small detail, but every detail makes the game beautiful, right? ^^
Good luck for the future.
Ok,the problem is that you forgot the connectors in the PIE files for some new model. I just completed the PIE files with the connectors from the base models, and it's solved.