Art Revolution mod. Latest release: January, 2015

Did you create a mod, map, music, or a tool? Present them here and earn feedback!
Note: addon requests do not belong here.
Note, everything uploaded to this forum, MUST have a license!
Baerentoeter1
New user

Re: Art Revolution mod. Latest release: January, 2015

Post by Baerentoeter1 »

xNEXTx wrote: 27 May 2019, 10:51 The best option is to install a new version.
O.k. and thank you, I will try. I'm not a computer hero, so I thought "never change a running system"
BenevolentX
Greenhorn

Post by BenevolentX »

Can someone by any chance give me a hand getting this mod to work in Multiplayer games? My brother and I on seprate computers in separate houses both have the mod in our autoload folder, and the mod is fully functional/working right from the main menu along with anything single player.

We also have all the ports forwarded and are able to play together just fine with the mod not installed. However, as soon as we both put the mod in our autoload folder and try to play together, whoever is the host instantly crashes once the other person joins. If the person joining removes the mod the host doesn't crash but the joiner get's stuck on mod requested "downloading map 0%" forever and we can't play. what are we doing wrong? Does this mod not work in multiplayer online matches?
Forgon
Code contributor
Code contributor

Post by Forgon »

BenevolentX wrote: 09 Jul 2019, 08:59 Can someone by any chance give me a hand getting this mod to work in Multiplayer games? My brother and I on seprate computers in separate houses both have the mod in our autoload folder, and the mod is fully functional/working right from the main menu along with anything single player.

We also have all the ports forwarded and are able to play together just fine with the mod not installed. However, as soon as we both put the mod in our autoload folder and try to play together, whoever is the host instantly crashes once the other person joins. If the person joining removes the mod the host doesn't crash but the joiner get's stuck on mod requested "downloading map 0%" forever and we can't play. what are we doing wrong? Does this mod not work in multiplayer online matches?
Please try our developer builds (available via GitHub) to test whether
PR 388 fixes your problem.
Alternatively, you could wait until the next Beta has been released.
WZ2100ModsFAn
Trained
Trained

Post by WZ2100ModsFAn »

Forgon wrote: 09 Jul 2019, 10:48 Alternatively, you could wait until the next Beta has been released.
5 months has passed and there's still not 2nd beta build.
I believe it might'd take until november for the next build
BenevolentX
Greenhorn

Post by BenevolentX »

Got the latest developer build and it still causes the host to crash instantly when I join if we both have the mod installed... Not sure if I'm doing something wrong or not but it almost feels like anti-cheat getting kicked the second you join online with a mod, but I don't believe that's actually what's happening.
Cyp
Evitcani
Evitcani

Post by Cyp »

There isn't really any "anti-cheat" per se, so it can't kick in, and if it existed it wouldn't really make sense to crash anyway.

There were some recent reports of crashing on windows, if going above 1 GB memory usage (even though windows is supposed to support at least 2 GB). Don't know if that could be related.
Forgon
Code contributor
Code contributor

Post by Forgon »

BenevolentX wrote: 10 Jul 2019, 06:36 Got the latest developer build and it still causes the host to crash instantly when I join if we both have the mod installed... Not sure if I'm doing something wrong or not but it almost feels like anti-cheat getting kicked the second you join online with a mod, but I don't believe that's actually what's happening.
Please upload logfiles from your configuration directory so that we can
investigate this further.
BenevolentX
Greenhorn

Post by BenevolentX »

Emptied both players log folder before conducting a control test with no mod and then placing those logs into the respective folder. Then with a now once again empty log folder, placed the mod in both players autoload folder and ran the test again by trying to play together. As expected the host, my brother crashes as soon as I join his lobby. These logs were then taken from both of us and once again placed in the respective folder.

Log files separated by with or without the mod, and then by joiner and host. Joiner never crashes and is simply kicked from the lobby shortly after the host crashes dude to the lobby now no longer existing.

Everything works as normal without AR mod.
Attachments
With Mod - Logs.7z
Logs from one attempt of playing with the mod in both players autoload folder. Host(brother) crashes instantly upon joiner(me) entering lobby.
(25.29 KiB) Downloaded 252 times
No Mod - Logs.7z
logs from one normal game together that lasted all of 5 seconds for this testing purpose. Everything works fine with no mod.
(3.11 KiB) Downloaded 236 times
MIH-XTC
Trained
Trained

Post by MIH-XTC »

BenevolentX wrote: 10 Jul 2019, 10:21 Emptied both players log folder before conducting a control test with no mod and then placing those logs into the respective folder. Then with a now once again empty log folder, placed the mod in both players autoload folder and ran the test again by trying to play together. As expected the host, my brother crashes as soon as I join his lobby. These logs were then taken from both of us and once again placed in the respective folder.

Log files separated by with or without the mod, and then by joiner and host. Joiner never crashes and is simply kicked from the lobby shortly after the host crashes dude to the lobby now no longer existing.

Everything works as normal without AR mod.
Do both of you have the mod loaded or is it the host only and the joining player is attempting to download the mod in game?

I don't think the AR mod can be downloaded in game because it's 40MB.
Cyp
Evitcani
Evitcani

Post by Cyp »

MIH-XTC wrote: 11 Jul 2019, 18:43

If it's in master (not β1), then it should be possible in half a second or so, otherwise I think it's limited to 2 kB per vsync (maybe for ancient historical reasons, might crash if receiving more than that at once, not sure), and would therefore take about 6 minutes.
MIH-XTC
Trained
Trained

Post by MIH-XTC »

Cyp wrote: 11 Jul 2019, 19:05
MIH-XTC wrote: 11 Jul 2019, 18:43

If it's in master (not β1), then it should be possible in half a second or so, otherwise I think it's limited to 2 kB per vsync (maybe for ancient historical reasons, might crash if receiving more than that at once, not sure), and would therefore take about 6 minutes.

Ah okay, I have not tested this in 3.3 at all. I remember in 3.2 and previous versions that in-game transfers larger than a couple of MB's would cause problems. I think this has always been the case since 1.0 and wasn't introduced in 2.x --> 3.x.

That would be really cool if large transfers are somewhat manageable in 3.3. I'll need to test this out.
BenevolentX
Greenhorn

Post by BenevolentX »

We have tried it both ways. Host-only with mod, or joiner and host with the mod. Either way, when I join his hosted server if I have the mod or not it will say in the chat box "MOD REQUESTED" and if I have the mod loaded it will instantly crash the host. Then for a split second, I get to see the lobby after he crashes and my player name says "Map downloading 0%" which is kinda weird because it isn't a map and even weirder I already have it loaded so I'm not sure why it thinks it needs to download it. If I as the joiner don't have the mod, however, then I am typically able to join his sever but it never makes progress downloading the mod so we are never able to launch the game. It just says 0% forever.
BenevolentX
Greenhorn

Post by BenevolentX »

NVM just tested It again in the master game version and host crashes instantly regardless of if the joiner has or does not have the mod if the host does have the mod. This was not the case in beta1. I could join without the mod while the host did have it. The mod would never download, but at least it wouldn't force crash the host as it does now in the master.
MIH-XTC
Trained
Trained

Post by MIH-XTC »

BenevolentX wrote: 12 Jul 2019, 07:49 NVM just tested It again in the master game version and host crashes instantly regardless of if the joiner has or does not have the mod if the host does have the mod. This was not the case in beta1. I could join without the mod while the host did have it. The mod would never download, but at least it wouldn't force crash the host as it does now in the master.
It sounds like the crash is related to the in-game transfer/download.

One other peculiar behavior about in-game download failures is that clicking anywhere on the screen while downloading usually invokes a crash. I'd say like 50/50 chance. It's been like this for years and it happens quite often but I'm not sure of the exact conditions to reproduce it. Basically, any click event by host or joiner anywhere on their screens interrupts the download and causes wz to crash. I don't know if this is still the case but it's something to be mindful of.
WZ2100ModsFAn
Trained
Trained

Post by WZ2100ModsFAn »

Was that an implemented feature that got removed? The download mod where it automatically downloads the mod from the host.
Also the Youtube BBCode doesn't work now that the board got upgraded.