garantiertnicht's maps [2]

Did you create a mod, map, music, or a tool? Present them here and earn feedback!
Note: addon requests do not belong here.
Note, everything uploaded to this forum, MUST have a license!
garantiertnicht
Greenhorn

garantiertnicht's maps [2]

Post by garantiertnicht »

Insel
An Map for Long Multiplayer-Games
ImageImage
Recommended Teams: 2v2 (AABB) and 1v1 (A--B)
Player: 4
Oil/P: 8
Scavangers: Yes

Download
1.1.1:
* Fix a bug, the Users lost Synch at multiple Versions of this Map at Multiplayer
4c-Insel_v1-1-1.wz
(18.6 KiB) Downloaded 333 times
ScavPlatz
An Map with team-Bases for short or medium Games
ImageImage
Recommended Teams: 2v2 (AABB)
Player: 4
Oil/P: 12
Scavangers: Yes

Download
4c-ScavPlatz_v1.wz
(14.43 KiB) Downloaded 320 times
License

If you want to edit my maps, you have to ask me. I'll be answer it with yes and give you additional infos. Please name the origin designer if you publish an edited map!

CC-BY-SA-3.0 + GPLv2
Last edited by garantiertnicht on 03 Aug 2012, 22:09, edited 21 times in total.
Player Name: "garantiertnichtDE"
You can talk to me DEUTSCH.
Andrie
Regular
Regular

Re: garantiertnicht's maps [1]

Post by Andrie »

Looks good I will try it.
"My IRC en multiplay naam is Andrie"

Groete Andrie
Iluvalar
Regular
Regular

Post by Iluvalar »

Bad design (and so frequent). The oil distribution is just broken...

One player will take control of the center and suddenly have so much power... The very narrow paths make the central position under 21 tiles per power ratio frontiers which will make the center easily defendable for the dominating player.

On the other hand, the narrow path also make the defenders under the 21 tiles per power ratio rule. Which will make the dominating player unable to attack and finish them.

Causing a stall situation of 40 minutes during which the dominating player play "alone". Research in his corner while the other 3 wait to be destroyed and lose anyway... The losing player slowly put most of efforts in walls, seeing their weapons become more and more obsolete until the center player come with gauss cannons and brake trough that walls...

I dont want to discourage you of making map or nothing :) . But if you want to see your maps actually being played, you will need to think longer and come with better and more original "map flow".
Last edited by Iluvalar on 27 Jul 2012, 23:17, edited 1 time in total.
Heretic 2.3 improver and proud of it.
sg1efc
Trained
Trained

Post by sg1efc »

Thanks a lot Garantiertnicht, going to try it soon. :)
My Thanks to everyone past, present and future who have helped to create & continues to improve WZ2100, you're all Awesome! :)
Giani
Regular
Regular

Post by Giani »

Iluvalar wrote:Bad design (and so frequent). The oil distribution is just broken...

One player will take control of the center and suddenly have so much power... The very narrow paths make the central position under 21 tiles per power ratio frontiers which will make the center easily defendable for the dominating player.

On the other hand, the narrow path also make the defenders under the 21 tiles per power ratio rule. Which will make the dominating player unable to attack and finish them.

Causing a stall situation of 40 minutes during which the dominating player play "alone". Research in his corner while the other 3 wait to be destroyed and lose anyway... The losing player slowly put most of efforts in walls, seeing their weapons become more and more obsolete until the center player come with gauss cannons and brake trough that walls...

I dont want to discourage you of making map or nothing :) . But if you want to see your maps actually being played, you will need to think longer and come with better and more original "map flow".
True. And the narrow paths make the game longer, even if we would have an awesome pathfinding, because of the units that go to repair and other reasons.
My maps: http://forums.wz2100.net/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=9501
Merowingg
Regular
Regular

Post by Merowingg »

Iluvalar be careful ;)

When I rated only few maps in the past addons, i mad very long descriptions, while some happen to write rates only.

Well I thought I was great to put so much effort into expressing what is good and bad about a map.. well I wos so wrong :3 I was told I may happen to discourage people, and my extended books of knowledge were reduced.

I was told to encourage, instead of discourage.. so how if I cannot say what I feel (I and I only) about a map, without possibly hurting someone?

Let's imagine.

Mero - Hello Sir, I would be obliged if you could possibly reduce oil from 17 to 16 each base, it may be far better doue to the forum, players, map, game nature.

Sir - How dare you! it is my map, did you want to offend me? humiliate me? do you think you are the best?

Well without some sort of judgement.. it is impossible to help in any way..

The best thing is.. the user I was reduced my comment on, was the one I chose because he had great potential, and yet, I think he simply told important people I am bad ;)

And I simply wandet to help him most..

Off topic I know, theoretically ;) to sum up,

Sir making a fast glance at the preview only and from my friends speech I can only so far advice you to put more hear into your work, and observe others :)

At the same time, express yourself!

Good luck!
“Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, and ideas are bulletproof.” - V

"Mark my words boy, Mark them well, I have survived your predecessors and I will survive you." - Merovingian

Regards - Mero
Iluvalar
Regular
Regular

Post by Iluvalar »

It's true, I'm always more about pointing bad things than good things. Peoples that know me know that I don't waste time with my precious complaints about everything. So the mere fact that I 'm here complaining is a recognition of the potential. Doesn't it ? :D
Andrie
Regular
Regular

Post by Andrie »

Iluvalar is just giving him some advise but don't delete this map, if you start to dislike it. :wink:
"My IRC en multiplay naam is Andrie"

Groete Andrie
garantiertnicht
Greenhorn

But i can understand some of his thinks.

Now the Scav's Base have 6 oil lesser. I played yesterday with my dad and we've 25.000 and 26.000. Its to hight! I've add more Balance too.

I note here, that this map isn't make for 1-1-1-1! Its make for 2-2 or 1--1.

Than it works just fine.
Merowingg
Regular
Regular

Post by Merowingg »

Iluvalar I have quite the same, what is more I was happy and proud I share my tips and wisdom :3

After that I decided I will give advices, but I will never share my tips, and techniques, at least till I meet appropriate person checked with time.
I played yesterday with my dad
I am happy to see this sentence, it is great to have a father who participates in sons modern activities. What is more, many would be embarrassed to share such thing.

Good luck Sir!
“Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, and ideas are bulletproof.” - V

"Mark my words boy, Mark them well, I have survived your predecessors and I will survive you." - Merovingian

Regards - Mero
garantiertnicht
Greenhorn

Merowingg wrote:Iluvalar I have quite the same, what is more I was happy and proud I share my tips and wisdom :3

After that I decided I will give advices, but I will never share my tips, and techniques, at least till I meet appropriate person checked with time.
I played yesterday with my dad
I am happy to see this sentence, it is great to have a father who participates in sons modern activities. What is more, many would be embarrassed to share such thing.

Good luck Sir!
The map I've done self without advice. We just have play it ;)
Iluvalar
Regular
Regular

Post by Iluvalar »

garantiertnicht wrote:But i can understand some of his thinks.

Now the Scav's Base have 6 oil lesser. I played yesterday with my dad and we've 25.000 and 26.000. Its to hight! I've add more Balance too.

I note here, that this map isn't make for 1-1-1-1! Its make for 2-2 or 1--1.

Than it works just fine.
I'm sorry, but this is still totally insufficient. The central team will have 6/8 of the oil ressource. With that huge amount of oil, they could control and hold a frontier up to 60 tiles wides. But now it is 4 tiles wide.

I'm sorry, I dont know what kind of game experience you tried to create with that map. Maybe just trying some original experience... But you will soon discover that it doesn't create the games you were expecting (or else you expect some silly games :lol2: ).

There is no quick fix about that one. Other than learning from your error more about the choke points and the map unit flow :) .
garantiertnicht
Greenhorn

IMPORTANT UPDATE

There's a new Version that fix a bug that players who use difficult versions lost the sync.
That Update is recommend to all Multiplayer hosters!

--

Now there is a new map out, ScavPlatz. Try it!
sg1efc
Trained
Trained

Re: IMPORTANT UPDATE

Post by sg1efc »

garantiertnicht wrote:There's a new Version that fix a bug that players who use difficult versions lost the sync.
That Update is recommend to all Multiplayer hosters!

--

Now there is a new map out, ScavPlatz. Try it!
Danke schön Garantiertnicht. :)
My Thanks to everyone past, present and future who have helped to create & continues to improve WZ2100, you're all Awesome! :)