Warzone 2100: Contingency (Beta now released)

Did you create a mod, map, music, or a tool? Present them here and earn feedback!
Note: addon requests do not belong here.
Note, everything uploaded to this forum, MUST have a license!
NoQ
Special
Special

Re: Warzone 2100: Contingency (Beta now released)

Post by NoQ »

It's not v1.38 that works with contingency, it's contingency personality(s) (of any nullbot version since it was introduced and shipped as a separate file) that works in contingency.
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

ADMIRALLORDHOOD wrote:I have windows 7, what do I need to do to downgrade?
You can't do anything, it needs to be fixed on the cross-compiler side.
GiGaBaNE
Trained
Trained

Post by GiGaBaNE »

NoQ wrote:It's not v1.38 that works with contingency, it's contingency personality(s) (of any nullbot version since it was introduced and shipped as a separate file) that works in contingency.
thanks for correcting =)

we need a like button on this forum, lol
Shadow Wolf TJC
Regular
Regular

Post by Shadow Wolf TJC »

After a couple months of inactivity, I finally have another major release. Version 0.6 is out now, and players may find that the Proto-Railgun now starts off with a bit more firepower upon being researched (as players now start off with some Railgun upgrades already researched). While this wouldn't affect Cannon/Railgun players significantly, it should give Machinegun users a more viable weapon to use against Bunkers and Fortresses.

More importantly, I've finally managed to fully merge NoQ's Ultimate Scavengers Mod into Contingency.
Some Stormbringer Warhawk Tracks shoot down a Scavenger Heavy Chopper. By the way, the skybox seen in the background is from one of Aubergine's skybox mods. Also notice something strange about the HUD?
Some Stormbringer Warhawk Tracks shoot down a Scavenger Heavy Chopper. By the way, the skybox seen in the background is from one of Aubergine's skybox mods. Also notice something strange about the HUD?
I've also done some work on a new title screen. It's a work in progress, though what do you guys think?
I've also done some work on a new title screen. It's a work in progress, though what do you guys think?
@NoQ: I'm thinking about wanting to add a few more Scavenger units into the mod, such as some more Scavenger tanks (including a heavy tank, and maybe an ultra-heavy multi-turreted tank as well), RPG-wielding foot-soldiers, some howitzer emplacements, and possibly some Scavengers armed with makeshift lasers. What are your thoughts on this?
Creator of Warzone 2100: Contingency!
Founder of Wikizone 2100: http://wikizone2100.wikia.com/wiki/Wikizone_2100
ADMIRALLORDHOOD
Rookie
Rookie

Post by ADMIRALLORDHOOD »

Nice update, but how are you going to fix the problem with save games not loading correctly? :hmm: :?: :?:
Andrie
Regular
Regular

Post by Andrie »

Why two parts??
Is nulbot included in the new mod?
"My IRC en multiplay naam is Andrie"

Groete Andrie
Shadow Wolf TJC
Regular
Regular

@ADMIRALLORDHOOD: What exactly seems to be the problem? I know that I recently added a few new research items, and a whole lot of new stuff from the Ultimate Scavengers Mod. Could it be that the game crashes because some file or another has changed?

@Andrie: The reason why I had to split the mod into 2 parts is simply because it's grown too big for the site's 3-MB-per-upload limit to handle, even if I tried to compress it. :|

Edit: I've just been informed by cybersphinx that the upload size limit has been increased to 10 MB, so I no longer have to split up the mod. For now at least.

You can find NullBot here.
Andrie
Regular
Regular

Post by Andrie »

Wow thanks again!!
I like the menu!!
"My IRC en multiplay naam is Andrie"

Groete Andrie
Rman Virgil
Professional
Professional

Post by Rman Virgil »

+1 on the menu. It's golden. :)

Am excited to properly check this out after work today. Thinking I'm gonna wanna redo some machinima and my comic book to utilize all this combined goodness. :3

You asked NoQ about additions to USM and a couple in particular stuck out for purely selfish reasons - the RPG wielding foot-soldiers and the ones with make-shift lasers. Love to see that.

Was wondering about the scavenger soldier models themselves. You making your own? If yeah, got screens yet? Or are you using stock or maybe Jorzi's?

Thanks.

Last edited by Rman Virgil on 31 Oct 2012, 23:40, edited 1 time in total.
ADMIRALLORDHOOD
Rookie
Rookie

Post by ADMIRALLORDHOOD »

I was mentioning the game-wide problem of that when you have more than 1 mod loaded, save games may cause it to crash or they might load without the mods at all.
Rman Virgil
Professional
Professional

Post by Rman Virgil »

ADMIRALLORDHOOD wrote:I was mentioning the game-wide problem of that when you have more than 1 mod loaded, save games may cause it to crash or they might load without the mods at all.

The issue I have experienced running multiple mods in RC3 is that save games have never loaded. Since I'm mostly making machinima its not been terribly frustrating as it surely would if I was playing extended SKI matches.
mobius1qwe
Greenhorn

Post by mobius1qwe »

In this v0.6 did u fixed the cyborg weapons placement? Like flamer cyborgs and other machine-gunners had the weapon "floating" in front of them.
Shadow Wolf TJC
Regular
Regular

Not yet. I've been working on adding new functionality over adding new graphics, though that's still on my to-do list.
Cook1990
New user

Post by Cook1990 »

been giving the 6.1 version a go and i've found there to be no problems with it, the one thing to watch out for with the scavs mod is that the scavs rush with choppers and kill you and the AI, the quickest counter to this is rocket pods, so players should be fine, but the scavs often wipe out the AI. to answer this problem could you make the early mgs capable of shooting aircraft again, i know they can in normal warzone, but not in contingency, would help balance the game if you chose to give the scavs access to thier choppers. otherwise the game seems to be balanced when choppers are off.
I look forward to the next version with impatience.

PS: love the menu
Shadow Wolf TJC
Regular
Regular

How quickly can you research the following items if you tried to rush for them:

Tornado AA
AA Flak Cannon
Sunburst AA
Stormbringer AA Laser
VTOL Propulsion

I'm thinking about increasing the time that it takes for the Ultimate Scavenger AI to start building its own VTOLs from about 4 minutes to about 10 minutes, though I do wonder if I need to increase it further.

By the way, many Cyborgs with rapid-fire weapons, or weapons that do high amounts of splash damage, can attack VTOLs in addition to attacking ground targets, including:

Any Cyborgs armed with some sort of Machinegun weapon (except for Super Machinegunners, though that will change in the next patch)
Super Shotgunners
Super Gauss Shotgunners
Laser Gunners
Super Laser Gunners
Flashlight Gunners
Super Flashlight Gunners
Super Minipod Cyborgs
Super Assault Pod Cyborgs
Super Erinyes Cyborg