Warzone 2100: Contingency (Beta now released)

Did you create a mod, map, music, or a tool? Present them here and earn feedback!
Note: addon requests do not belong here.
Note, everything uploaded to this forum, MUST have a license!
Shadow Wolf TJC
Regular
Regular

Re: Warzone 2100: Contingency (Beta now released)

Post by Shadow Wolf TJC »

It's been a long time since my last update, but version 0.5.1 is out now, though it's just a few bug fixes.

@ADMIRALLORDHOOD: Maybe you can run Warzone 2100 in backwards-compatability mode instead of downgrading Windows 7 to XP?

@GiGaBaNE: Nice to see someone giving the Hijacker Turrets a try for once. Hopefully, they'll work in version 0.5.1 when played on master builds of Warzone 2100 (due to the inclusion of some new code in rules.js that would only work there).

@NoQ: What program did you use to record your Warzone 2100 matches? Is it usable in Windows XP? I'm thinking about recording some footage from Contingency in an effort to showcase it if nobody else is interested in doing so.
Creator of Warzone 2100: Contingency!
Founder of Wikizone 2100: http://wikizone2100.wikia.com/wiki/Wikizone_2100
aubergine
Professional
Professional

Post by aubergine »

- Fixed a bug that caused players to receive audio messages at the start of a game telling them that an enemy player was defeated (due to one or more player slots being closed for the match).
Hah! I've just made that same bug in the next update for SitRep mod. :) At least now I know that maxPlayers and playerData retain all player slots even if there's no player in them, which is most useful as it allows detection of empty player slots (free oil!). I'll update the wiki.
"Dedicated to discovering Warzone artefacts, and sharing them freely for the benefit of the community."
-- https://warzone.atlassian.net/wiki/display/GO
GiGaBaNE
Trained
Trained

Post by GiGaBaNE »

Shadow Wolf TJC wrote:It's been a long time since my last update, but version 0.5.1 is out now, though it's just a few bug fixes.

@ADMIRALLORDHOOD: Maybe you can run Warzone 2100 in backwards-compatability mode instead of downgrading Windows 7 to XP?

@GiGaBaNE: Nice to see someone giving the Hijacker Turrets a try for once. Hopefully, they'll work in version 0.5.1 when played on master builds of Warzone 2100 (due to the inclusion of some new code in rules.js that would only work there).

@NoQ: What program did you use to record your Warzone 2100 matches? Is it usable in Windows XP? I'm thinking about recording some footage from Contingency in an effort to showcase it if nobody else is interested in doing so.
i must be doing something wrong.

just uninstalled all instances of warzone then did a fresh install of warzone2100-master-20120930-220004-c93d80c.exe
and dropped in contingency 0.5.1

and recieve the error when loading skirmish: [loadBodyPropulsionIMDs:1998] Invalid propulsion name HalfTrack02

had a similar problem with
the previous master and contingency 0.5 yesterday.
Shadow Wolf TJC
Regular
Regular

@GiGaBaNE: Could you tell me what other mods, if any, you're using in addition to Contingency? I'm not receiving that error message at all, so I'm guessing that Contingency is in conflict with some other mod that you're using.
GiGaBaNE
Trained
Trained

Post by GiGaBaNE »

no other mods whatsoever this time round. brand new install of the latest master and then put contingency 0.5.1 straight into config/mod/autoload.

Edit:

Code: Select all

error   |12:05:24: [check_Physfs:566] You have PhysicsFS 2.0.2, which is buggy. You may experience random errors/crashes due to spuriously missing files.
error   |12:05:24: [check_Physfs:567] Please upgrade/downgrade PhysicsFS to a different version, such as 2.0.3 or 2.0.1.
error   |12:05:31: [widgSetString:1178] widgSetString: couldn't get widget from id
last message repeated 2 times
last message repeated 2 times (total 4 repeats)
last message repeated 4 times (total 8 repeats)
last message repeated 8 times (total 16 repeats)
last message repeated 16 times (total 32 repeats)
last message repeated 32 times (total 64 repeats)
last message repeated 64 times (total 128 repeats)
last message repeated 11 times (total 139 repeats)
info    |12:06:31: [loadMapPreview:456] Loading map preview: "Sk-Rush" builtin t2
info    |12:06:35: [loadMapPreview:456] Loading map preview: "Sk-Startup" builtin t2
info    |12:06:44: [resLoadFile:439] Hash collision "gnhhowtar.pie" vs "gnhhowtbb.pie"
info    |12:06:44: [resLoadFile:439] Assert in Warzone: frameresource.cpp:439 (strcasecmp(psRes->aID, pFile) == 0), last script event: '<none>'
info    |12:06:45: [createLimitSet:371] Too many structure stats
info    |12:06:45: [createLimitSet:371] Assert in Warzone: multilimit.cpp:371 (numStructureStats < 0xff), last script event: 'N/A'
info    |12:06:50: [resLoadFile:439] Hash collision "gnhhowtar.pie" vs "gnhhowtbb.pie"
info    |12:06:50: [resLoadFile:439] Assert in Warzone: frameresource.cpp:439 (strcasecmp(psRes->aID, pFile) == 0), last script event: '<none>'
fatal   |12:06:51: [loadBodyPropulsionIMDs:1998] Invalid propulsion name HalfTrack02
dont know what else to do. says my damn physicsFS is wrong too.

i just want to have one decent game using the contingency mod and nullbots AI for it. this is now the 4th or 5th version of warzone ive tried unsuccessfully with =/
Shadow Wolf TJC
Regular
Regular

Maybe there's some compatability issues with the master builds? Have you tried running it on any of the non-master builds, like version 3.1 rc2?
GiGaBaNE
Trained
Trained

Post by GiGaBaNE »

as of right now.
im in the middle of a game where both contingency and nullbot .38 appear to be working at the same time =D

3.1 RC3

tho nullbot has lost its personalities, now in the dropdown i see nullbot and nullbot 0.38 and no flamer/MG/turtle e.t.c

no beeps or errors of any kind so far, 8 mins into the game and nullbot 0.38 appears to be both aggressive and expansive.

we shall see if it can kick my ass, map is the wheel and its just me vs hard nullbot and im letting him have half the map...well mostly apart from a few raids on a oil base here and there ;)
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

They switched from propulsion.txt to propulsion.ini already, right?
Where did you get that? (:
Shadow Wolf TJC
Regular
Regular

NoQ wrote:They switched from propulsion.txt to propulsion.ini already, right?
If so, then I'll need that, and any other .ini files that they started using for master builds.
GiGaBaNE
Trained
Trained

Post by GiGaBaNE »

NoQ wrote:
Where did you get that? (:
:laughingneq:

My bad, was a little frazzled last night.

1.38 ;)
GiGaBaNE
Trained
Trained

Post by GiGaBaNE »

just since both of you (NoQ & TJC) both hang in here, ill post this i got while trying to load up last nights skirmish.

dont know if it actually ruins the match just yet (testing as we speak).
A non fatal error has occurred.

[rebuildSearchPath:421] The required mod could not be loaded: nullbot-1-38.wz, contingency_v0.5.1.wz

Warzone will try to load the game without it.
this is the latest contingency and latest nullbot on the latest wz2100 (3.1 rc3) on win xp.

Edit: yeah it broke nullbot. seems we have to play a match in a single sitting.

Hijacker turrets almost work as intended now. they capture enemy vehicles just fine and the enemy vehicles stop firing at you, but all enemy vehicles you capture retain the title of enemy unit, so if you click on an enemy tank you now own and press ctrl z, not only will you select all of that type, but all units you have captured regardless of turret class, ie MG's and engineers both selected.
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

load up last nights skirmish
all enemy vehicles you capture retain the title of enemy unit
This has been hardcoded like that forever, because you really do not want to know how the original AI names his units.
GiGaBaNE
Trained
Trained

Post by GiGaBaNE »

NoQ wrote:
load up last nights skirmish
Yay =)
NoQ wrote:
all enemy vehicles you capture retain the title of enemy unit
This has been hardcoded like that forever, because you really do not want to know how the original AI names his units.
LoL i can live with that, small price to pay.

is it impossible or just impractical to be able to distinguish combat units from builder units?

its no game ender, but it does feel a bit silly sending an enemies trucks back at them when i return their MG rush back to sender =D
ADMIRALLORDHOOD
Rookie
Rookie

Post by ADMIRALLORDHOOD »

I have the same problem but it isn't possible to use the NEXUS AI because it has not got the correct research trees and unit templates programmed.
GiGaBaNE
Trained
Trained

Post by GiGaBaNE »

ADMIRALLORDHOOD wrote:I have the same problem but it isn't possible to use the NEXUS AI because it has not got the correct research trees and unit templates programmed.
i that that was the whole reason we use nullbot 1.38 for contingency, afaik its the only AI designed to work properly with this awesome mod ;)