Warzone 2100: Contingency (Beta now released)

Did you create a mod, map, music, or a tool? Present them here and earn feedback!
Note: addon requests do not belong here.
Note, everything uploaded to this forum, MUST have a license!
Berg
Regular
Regular

Re: Warzone 2100: Contingency (Beta now released)

Post by Berg »

Dont ask me for my 2 cents or I will say mean things!
Your doing a greate job Shadow Wolf TJC Keep up the work...
Diversity that what we need all folks doing all things ...that way dev's can cherry pick new features to add to game.
Iluvalar
Regular
Regular

Post by Iluvalar »

Wolf, you asked "right?" I said "wrong". There is nothing in that vocabulary that was intended to be harsh.

I gave you 4 rational reasons not to try to mirror the engineering and factory BP more than necessary. If you feel like I'm shaking you a little bit, it's because you seem like you prefer hiding your head in the sand and arguing with pseudo arguments that do not touch ground. Instead of just staying calm and considering what I said with the right attention.

I'm not here for the mod, you can do whatever you want to it, I'm here for you. To have you learn to think a bit more like a game developer. You look too much compulsive in your decision, trying to pursue what you perceive as "fun" on the short term, but you don't foresee the consequences. You seem to hate me more and more, but I'm just telling the truth. The truth is a bitch and won't change his mind because something look "fun" at first sight ;) .

If you don't want to argue with me, don't ! But I suspect you try to convince yourself that I'm wrong by all mean, instead of considering what I say (even if it could ultimately make your mind change...) .
Heretic 2.3 improver and proud of it.
Rman Virgil
Professional
Professional

Post by Rman Virgil »

We all also have the right to learn from our mistakes at our own pace and time. You shouldn't try to cram learning down someones throat - not even your own biological offspring, IMHO, but there the law is on your side until you ctoss the threshold of abuse which could result in the loss of even those parental rights.

This is not a "Mission Critical" job were the lives and well being of others is in your hands and a wrong decision could result in the loss of life or limb or lively hood. This is but a game for crissakes and an opportunity to enjoy the learning process as we experiment and try our hand at new skills and crafting.

A sign of maturity and wisdom is knowing when to back off even if you are 100% in the right.

I will say no more after this.

Goth Zagog-Thou
Regular
Regular

Post by Goth Zagog-Thou »

I believe this mod is the present (and future ) of Warzone 2100. I also believe that is true with Nullbot, USM, NTW, CRS, Cam 4, Cam 0, the revolution of all of the highly entertaining and challenging maps being made since FlaME was first released.

What Contingency represents to me is the "new crowd" of Warzone 2100 -- those who dare to think outside the box, take chances, and try new things. It represents new ideas and new visions. I for one am PLEASED that after 14 years, Warzone 2100 is itself experiencing a "renaissance" and is still drawing new players.

Let's not spoil it with unpleasantness. :)

ShadowWolf, do as you will, buddy. I'll play your mod regardless of what is done. You "new people" are doing a fine job and I support all of you. I'll try to keep up. ;)
Iluvalar
Regular
Regular

Post by Iluvalar »

Rman Virgil wrote:.
This is not a "Mission Critical" job were the lives and well being of others is in your hands and a wrong decision could result in the loss of life or limb or lively hood. This is but a game for crissakes and an opportunity to enjoy the learning process as we experiment and try our hand at new skills and crafting.
Right now, it is not. Actually, changing the engineering speed will just add a ~1 minutes of silence at the beginning of the game. I guess my arguments work on both sides and we could expect no gameplay change beyond that. Well.... we wouldn't see any gameplay changes for such a small tweak in vanilla at the least...In contingency, every little change could be unpredictably game changing, but I wont come back on that.

I'm more concerned by shadow wolf's reaction each time I share my experience. He seem to try to argue at all cost instead of just taking my comments for what they are. I just know from flat experience that players will notice and will complain about slowing the building time of early basic buildings.
Heretic 2.3 improver and proud of it.
Rman Virgil
Professional
Professional

Post by Rman Virgil »

Goth Zagog-Thou wrote:I believe this mod is the present (and future ) of Warzone 2100. I also believe that is true with Nullbot, USM, NTW, CRS, Cam 4, Cam 0, the revolution of all of the highly entertaining and challenging maps being made since FlaME was first released.

What Contingency represents to me is the "new crowd" of Warzone 2100 -- those who dare to think outside the box, take chances, and try new things. It represents new ideas and new visions. I for one am PLEASED that after 14 years, Warzone 2100 is itself experiencing a "renaissance" and is still drawing new players.

Let's not spoil it with unpleasantness. :)

ShadowWolf, do as you will, buddy. I'll play your mod regardless of what is done. You "new people" are doing a fine job and I support all of you. I'll try to keep up. ;)
+googolplex

@ Iluvalar: You've spoken to a lot already. Time to just let it play out in a natural Darwinian dynamic. Those who play this in MP can all speak to their own experience in due course.

Shadow Wolf TJC
Regular
Regular

Post by Shadow Wolf TJC »

@Iluvalar: I'm not in denial like you seem to believe. I just don't think that following the majority of your ideas up to this point would be for my best interests. I don't exactly hate you either, but I do dislike you for, as Rman said, "cosntantly trying to cram your advice down my throat" when I've already decided against it for this mod's own good, though you're not the most annoying person on this thread. That honor would most likely go to people like crass, medusa, and iamaloner, whom don't tend to stay very long.

Still, you should be careful of what you type. I learned this a few years ago, when I was new to the world of posting on forums. On a different forum that I used to go to, I upsetted some people and made myself seem like a jerk when I didn't mean to just because my posts were worded in a way that might offend someone. Sadly, unlike real-life conversations, there's no way to post body language or to readily identify sarcasm.
Creator of Warzone 2100: Contingency!
Founder of Wikizone 2100: http://wikizone2100.wikia.com/wiki/Wikizone_2100
Arreon
Trained
Trained

Post by Arreon »

Can someone explain why the Lassat can still be used even after I set the limit to 0? :?
Processor: AMD Phenom II X6 1045T (6 CPUs), ~2.7GHz
Memory: 8192MB RAM
Shadow Wolf TJC
Regular
Regular

@Arreon: Who is able to build these LasSats? You? The AI?

If you can build them, even after the limit was set to 0, then I don't know how it's caused. Maybe it's a hard-coded error? However, if the AI can build them, then it must be due to the AI's script. Which AI were you playing against?
Shadow Wolf TJC
Regular
Regular

Looks like I'll be making the next update a major one (meaning that it'll be version 0.4 instead of 0.3.4) since I'm working on some fairly significant balance changes, including:

- A reduction in how quickly trucks can build structures.
- A reduction in how quickly units and structures are repaired.
- All defensive structures (except for fortresses and firebases) would no longer require, as research prerequisites, defenses that mount smaller versions of their weapons, though they'll still require researching the defenses that they'd make obsolete. (For example, Twin Assault Gun Hardpoints would no longer require Assault Gun Hardpoints as a prerequisite, though would still require Twin Heavy MG Hardpoints as a prerequisite, since this would make them obsolete.)
- Addition of lighter versions of several AA weapons, including the Hurricane and Whirlwind.
- and possibly more...

In addition, I wonder if I should reduce the research costs of several heavier weapons that have a lightweight counterpart, including the Medium, Heavy, Assault, and Twin Assault Cannons, Twin Heavy Machineguns, Twin Assault Guns, Twin Vulcan, Punisher, and Hellfury Gattling Guns, and the Twin and Quad Minipods to name a few?
Goth Zagog-Thou
Regular
Regular

I thought the "upgrade versions" research cost was appropriate, myself. :) I'd even make them take a little longer (maybe 15%) to research.
Shadow Wolf TJC
Regular
Regular

Version 0.4 is out, and it includes a few lightweight (some nostalgic) counterparts to some familiar AA turrets:
From left to right:<br />Front row: Tornado AA, Cyclone AA, Dust Devil AA<br />Back row: Hurricane AA (new model), Whirlwind AA, Sandstorm AA
From left to right:
Front row: Tornado AA, Cyclone AA, Dust Devil AA
Back row: Hurricane AA (new model), Whirlwind AA, Sandstorm AA
Goth Zagog-Thou
Regular
Regular

Thanks Shadow Wolf. I'll give this a spin sometime soon. :)
Arreon
Trained
Trained

Post by Arreon »

I was playing against the Nullbot Contingency AI when he started using Lassats with the limit turned to 0. Also, I was able to build one as well. And another problem: I cannot build hardpoints for some reason. It never shows up in the research line.
Processor: AMD Phenom II X6 1045T (6 CPUs), ~2.7GHz
Memory: 8192MB RAM
Tenoh
Trained
Trained

Post by Tenoh »

Love the mod but the building selection works badly in beta 10 and 11. In 11 also nexus AI in skirmish produces only cyborgs and is totaly defensive,not attacking units... so i take it there is some problems.
"No, you don't want to buy this Sh[beep]t from me. It shoots sideways, it was built by retard zombies in some f[beep]king outreach program." HL:G