Warzone 2100: Contingency (Beta now released)

Did you create a mod, map, music, or a tool? Present them here and earn feedback!
Note: addon requests do not belong here.
Note, everything uploaded to this forum, MUST have a license!
NoQ
Special
Special

Re: Warzone 2100: Contingency (Beta now released)

Post by NoQ »

Just curious: do you plan to pack the AI i'm making here inside the mod? Or should i post it on NullBot download page? Or should i post it here and you re-attach it to the first post maybe? (:
aubergine
Professional
Professional

Post by aubergine »

@Shadow: Would it be worth getting in touch with XANAPRIME to see if these can be included in the mod:

ImageClick for large view

viewtopic.php?f=30&t=9432&p=104774#p104774
"Dedicated to discovering Warzone artefacts, and sharing them freely for the benefit of the community."
-- https://warzone.atlassian.net/wiki/display/GO
Shadow Wolf TJC
Regular
Regular

Post by Shadow Wolf TJC »

@NoQ: I'd say post it in your download page. I'll provide a link there so that others can download it. How does that sound?

@aubergine: Sorry, but mechs are currently not planned at this time.
Creator of Warzone 2100: Contingency!
Founder of Wikizone 2100: http://wikizone2100.wikia.com/wiki/Wikizone_2100
Shadow Wolf TJC
Regular
Regular

Version 0.2 is now out. Also, I sneaked this new turret in:
On the upper-right corner, we can see some tanks mounting the new Sonic Disrupter, a non-cross-line weapon from the Lasers line that fires a continuous beam of focused sound that deals heavy damage to structures, but little (but still potentially lethal) damage to units.
On the upper-right corner, we can see some tanks mounting the new Sonic Disrupter, a non-cross-line weapon from the Lasers line that fires a continuous beam of focused sound that deals heavy damage to structures, but little (but still potentially lethal) damage to units.
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

Ok, you can find the latest version of the AI here.

Btw, the one that is there right now is already quite advanced compared to what i posted before. Most importantly, i added a flamer spam personality and added laser research to both mg and flamer personality.

Also, since v1.32, standard NullBot personalities behave more or less correctly in Contingency. They don't use new stuff, but they just sort of still work.
The same file, properly zipped
(2.19 MiB) Downloaded 446 times
Arreon
Trained
Trained

Post by Arreon »

NoQ, your AI has a habit of moving its forces back and forth all the time, as if it can't make up its mind where it wants to go. Just thought I'd point that out.

EDIT: This is present in all versions of Nullbot, not just the Contingency AI.
Processor: AMD Phenom II X6 1045T (6 CPUs), ~2.7GHz
Memory: 8192MB RAM
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

No, he just tries to keep the army packed. It's not good when units die one by one. It's better when they fight all together.

With the masses of units in Contingency mod in mind, i think i'd increase this behaviour in the next version, and you'll see what happens (:

NullBot Turtle doesn't work on Contingency, don't bother (:
Arreon
Trained
Trained

Post by Arreon »

NoQ wrote:No, he just tries to keep the army packed. It's not good when units die one by one. It's better when they fight all together.

With the masses of units in Contingency mod in mind, i think i'd increase this behaviour in the next version, and you'll see what happens (:

NullBot Turtle doesn't work on Contingency, don't bother (:
Well, it's causing problems like this:
Attachments
wz2100-20120604_120209-Vision-1-03-T1.jpg
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

It's the bad pathfinder code that causes problems like this (:
I still believe it to be better than sending units one by one. Also, it does its best to get rid of traffic jams with some extra code; it doesn't detect them instantly though.
Also, you can try "-light" version to see the behaviour without regrouping (uploaded light contingency AI).
Arreon
Trained
Trained

Post by Arreon »

NoQ wrote:It's the bad pathfinder code that causes problems like this (:
I still believe it to be better than sending units one by one. Also, it does its best to get rid of traffic jams with some extra code; it doesn't detect them instantly though.
Also, you can try "-light" version to see the behaviour without regrouping (uploaded light contingency AI).
Okay, maybe this is something to bring up with the devs. I thought it was the AI code that caused the traffic jams.

But keep up the good work, I'm still enjoying your AI :)
Shadow Wolf TJC
Regular
Regular

Applied quick hotfix to a Cyborg template that I just added into templates.txt. (Note to self, remember that each template needs its own unique ID. Otherwise, bad glitches might happen.)

Anyways, speaking of templates.txt, I'm planning on updating it so that map designers that use the Contingency mod could place down some unit templates that make usage of any of the new stuff that's been added in. As such, I'd like to ask what are some of your favorite unit templates that you guys like to use during various periods of time in the match?

For example, early on, at the very start, I might like to use Bug Light Cannon Half-Tracks, Bug Heavy MG Half-Tracks, or Bug Mini-Rocket Pod Half-Tracks, though later on in T1, I might switch to using, say, Viper Light Cannon Tracks, Cobra Twin Minipod Tracks, or Mantis Mortar Hover.
Urnight
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Urnight »

I can't seem to even use this mod, is it only for a passific version?
I have no mods loaded with this and i really want to try this mod.
The game just crashes the instant i enter a skirmish match
Goth Zagog-Thou
Regular
Regular

Post by Goth Zagog-Thou »

Far as I know the only templates I would need are the ones from Cam 4. I'll be happy to shoot ya the templates, assignweapons, and names files with JUST the new entries to make it an easy copy-paste job. You've pretty much done everything else I would need other than prep it for Campaign use.
aubergine
Professional
Professional

Post by aubergine »

Urnight wrote:I can't seem to even use this mod, is it only for a passific version?
I have no mods loaded with this and i really want to try this mod.
The game just crashes the instant i enter a skirmish match
You need to be on warzone 3.1 beta 10 or above. Put the mod in your mods folder: http://guide.wz2100.net/faq#installmod
"Dedicated to discovering Warzone artefacts, and sharing them freely for the benefit of the community."
-- https://warzone.atlassian.net/wiki/display/GO
Shadow Wolf TJC
Regular
Regular

Actually aubergine, I made this mod using beta 7 as a testbed, so it should work with Warzone 2100 beta 7 or above. It may be able to work with beta 6 or below, though it, sadly, doesn't work with the 2.3.x series due to the presence of such 3.1-exclusive stuff like Gates and the Super Transport.

Edit: made it clearer as to which version of Warzone 2100 players would need to run this mod.