tmp's maps

Did you create a mod, map, music, or a tool? Present them here and earn feedback!
Note: addon requests do not belong here.
Note, everything uploaded to this forum, MUST have a license!
sg1efc
Trained
Trained

Re: tmp's maps

Post by sg1efc »

Thanks Tmp. :)
My Thanks to everyone past, present and future who have helped to create & continues to improve WZ2100, you're all Awesome! :)
aubergine
Professional
Professional

Post by aubergine »

Tmp, your maps are awesome!

Have you ever considered writing some map making guides explaining how you come up with these ideas?
"Dedicated to discovering Warzone artefacts, and sharing them freely for the benefit of the community."
-- https://warzone.atlassian.net/wiki/display/GO
cybersphinx
Inactive
Inactive

Post by cybersphinx »

aubergine wrote:Have you ever considered writing some map making guides explaining how you come up with these ideas?
Answers split off to viewtopic.php?f=8&t=9533.
We want information... information... information.
tmp500
Trained
Trained

Post by tmp500 »

cybersphinx wrote:
aubergine wrote:Have you ever considered writing some map making guides explaining how you come up with these ideas?
Answers split off to viewtopic.php?f=8&t=9533.
thanks!

i updated the last map with full bases and scavs
tmp500
Trained
Trained

Post by tmp500 »

yes i know... another 3vs4 :stressed: but lets face it... u got a map with a uneven player count, you will eventually have to make uneven teams... so why not just implement that fact into the map and make it a bit easier for the smaller team.... havent tested it yet with humans...so the map is a work in progress i guess...
7c-swirl.wz
(29.8 KiB) Downloaded 498 times
screen000_mapJ000.png
Last edited by tmp500 on 13 Jun 2012, 15:42, edited 1 time in total.
Giani
Regular
Regular

Post by Giani »

The map looks like Mozilla Firefox 's logo, but instead of a fox, a shark...
My maps: http://forums.wz2100.net/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=9501
tmp500
Trained
Trained

Post by tmp500 »

ye got the same impression once it was filled up with a solid color... i wonder why the street textures show up in the preview tough
sg1efc
Trained
Trained

Post by sg1efc »

Cool, Thanks Tmp. :)
My Thanks to everyone past, present and future who have helped to create & continues to improve WZ2100, you're all Awesome! :)
Merowingg
Regular
Regular

Post by Merowingg »

Heh the colours can surprise yes :) Few times I was surprised of how different and not necessarily better, map looked in the real preview, not the FlaMe preview :)

And the roads always appear :) I think it is good, the previews are not so pale, and give some extra ideas about the layout sometimes.
“Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, and ideas are bulletproof.” - V

"Mark my words boy, Mark them well, I have survived your predecessors and I will survive you." - Merovingian

Regards - Mero
tmp500
Trained
Trained

Post by tmp500 »

nothing special... balablabla.... 6 player map.... hf
6c-mesh.wz
(39.75 KiB) Downloaded 518 times
screen000_mapK001.png
tmp500
Trained
Trained

Post by tmp500 »

updated / finalized all maps - various height issues and derricks that were too close on the edge of cliffs
tmp500
Trained
Trained

Post by tmp500 »

i got a stupid problem - how can i get this smiley to show up in the preview... i tried with those roads which doesnt really help. i dont want to solve it with cliffs ... my last resort would be to retexture it to a urban tileset and then (i think) the roads should show up clearly... but that doesnt sound any fun :stressed:
screen.png
Merowingg
Regular
Regular

Post by Merowingg »

I assume it is at level 0 of height, then situation changes :) try to elevate it to 50 maybe ? for example water at the lever of 0 of arizona many times just do not show up, that is why many of my maps starts from 50 :) I assume 75% of them :)

Just try to elevate it :)

U2 - Elevation! Angelina Jolie ah....
“Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, and ideas are bulletproof.” - V

"Mark my words boy, Mark them well, I have survived your predecessors and I will survive you." - Merovingian

Regards - Mero
aubergine
Professional
Professional

Post by aubergine »

I think the main problem is that the units appearing on the minimap are obscuring the terrain, regardless of what terrain or height you use.
"Dedicated to discovering Warzone artefacts, and sharing them freely for the benefit of the community."
-- https://warzone.atlassian.net/wiki/display/GO
Merowingg
Regular
Regular

Post by Merowingg »

Yes after spending hundreds of hours with FlaMe try to elevate the terrain :lecture:

Regards - Mero