tmp's maps

Did you create a mod, map, music, or a tool? Present them here and earn feedback!
Note: addon requests do not belong here.
Note, everything uploaded to this forum, MUST have a license!
tmp500
Trained
Trained

Re: tmp's maps

Post by tmp500 »

10 player this time, and it looks this one is easy to fill up with random players :twisted:
scavangers, full bases etc...
10c-moisture.wz
(114.37 KiB) Downloaded 597 times
screen000_mapE002.png
screen000_mapE002.png (87.65 KiB) Viewed 7138 times
Screen000.jpg
Last edited by tmp500 on 13 Jun 2012, 15:37, edited 4 times in total.
Reg312
Regular
Regular

Post by Reg312 »

@tmp i really like your maps, but i think it can be a bit improved :)
*too much hills - MRA weapon become OP. because it shoot good from/to hills
*too much oils
*too much scavs
*too much features - this works bad because units stuck often in 3.1 beta
:)
sg1efc
Trained
Trained

Post by sg1efc »

tmp500 wrote:10 player this time, and it looks this one is easy to fill up with random players :twisted:
scavangers, full bases etc...
Cool, Thanks a lot :)
My Thanks to everyone past, present and future who have helped to create & continues to improve WZ2100, you're all Awesome! :)
Shadow Wolf TJC
Regular
Regular

Post by Shadow Wolf TJC »

Between you, Duda, and others, we're starting to see more of those 3, 5, 6, 7, 9, and 10 player maps pop up that are just begging to be packaged into future versions of Warzone 2100. I'd personally love to check them all out once I have some free time. :D
Creator of Warzone 2100: Contingency!
Founder of Wikizone 2100: http://wikizone2100.wikia.com/wiki/Wikizone_2100
JDW
Regular
Regular

Post by JDW »

Shadow Wolf TJC wrote:Between you, Duda, and others, we're starting to see more of those 3, 5, 6, 7, 9, and 10 player maps
That's team BDC for you. Some of them got together and decided to make maps to fill these nearly empty categories for 3.1 . Alphacinha is also involved. And soon we may even see some maps from Overlord.
"Speak when you are angry and you will make the best speech you will ever regret."
-- Ambrose Bierce
sg1efc
Trained
Trained

Post by sg1efc »

JDW wrote:That's team BDC for you. Some of them got together and decided to make maps to fill these nearly empty categories for 3.1 . Alphacinha is also involved. And soon we may even see some maps from Overlord.
Cool, when will we see 100 player maps? :)
My Thanks to everyone past, present and future who have helped to create & continues to improve WZ2100, you're all Awesome! :)
aubergine
Professional
Professional

Post by aubergine »

Anything with 21 players or more would be an issue because artefacts and oil barrels are hard-coded in Warzone to player ID 21. Changing that would likely require lots of updates to maps, campaigns, mods, etc. Also, features are hard-coded to player 99 so similar issues there.
"Dedicated to discovering Warzone artefacts, and sharing them freely for the benefit of the community."
-- https://warzone.atlassian.net/wiki/display/GO
Mysteryem
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Mysteryem »

Well, the current maximum is 10 players (10 ai/player and 1 scavenger), though if you modify the map's files manually, you can make it so that the scavengers are a human controlled player, and can make it an 11 player map. But, you begin running into problems with the UI, since there's no 11 player maps page, and the list of players/ai becomes rather squished into the UI. I'll tell you now that the game will just crash at 12 or more players currently. And you get the option to play as the white team when there are 11 players. :)
"...If pure awesomeness were bricks, this would be the Great Wall of China...
The glory of this has collapsed on its self so far, that even the neutrons have collapsed."
cybersphinx
Inactive
Inactive

Post by cybersphinx »

Increasing MAX_PLAYERS in the source you can use 14 players, that's the highest player number the map selector gui can handle.
(from some experimenting in [ticket]2972[/ticket])
We want information... information... information.
tmp500
Trained
Trained

Post by tmp500 »

first of all thanks for the feedback
*too much hills - MRA weapon become OP. because it shoot good from/to hills
i guess that's the benefit of being the map maker, you can make them to your liking. im am more annoyed by the narror passages that creep into my maps cause of the flamers, i do like high and low areas. in terms of suitable weapons for maps, there will always be weapons that work better on certain maps then others. the over powered weapons flamers, mra etc will hopefully be fixed in beta 11 with noqs balance mod :roll:
*too much oils
reduced it a bit, but prefer a certain density related to the map size. don't want to travel half the map to catch one lonesome derrick. but i will keep it in mind + ill reduce the derrick count further if i see fit in the next games
*too much scavs
yes reduced them
*too much features - this works bad because units stuck often in 3.1 beta
that's a matter of taste, shoot them if u don't like them :...: they prevent big hordes of units rushing in / or at least slows them down. so no blind clicking into the other corner of the minimap - besides.... they make the map nice and i would not want bergs and the other guys work go to waste :P
Cool, when will we see 100 player maps?
not from me :P
sg1efc
Trained
Trained

Post by sg1efc »

aubergine wrote:Anything with 21 players or more would be an issue because artefacts and oil barrels are hard-coded in Warzone to player ID 21. Changing that would likely require lots of updates to maps, campaigns, mods, etc. Also, features are hard-coded to player 99 so similar issues there.
Mysteryem wrote:Well, the current maximum is 10 players (10 ai/player and 1 scavenger), though if you modify the map's files manually, you can make it so that the scavengers are a human controlled player, and can make it an 11 player map. But, you begin running into problems with the UI, since there's no 11 player maps page, and the list of players/ai becomes rather squished into the UI. I'll tell you now that the game will just crash at 12 or more players currently. And you get the option to play as the white team when there are 11 players. :)
cybersphinx wrote:Increasing MAX_PLAYERS in the source you can use 14 players, that's the highest player number the map selector gui can handle.
(from some experimenting in [ticket]2972[/ticket])
So you're all saying that it is definitely not impossible, I like everyone's spirit. :) Adding more players to eventually get up to 100 or 1,000 will just take some additional time huh? :wink: How about a goal of one new extra player per week? Eventually WZ2100 will have more players than WoW. :)
sg1efc wrote:Cool, when will we see 100 player maps?
tmp500 wrote:not from me :P
Never say never, Tmp500. :wink:

Thanks a lot for all of your hard work everyone! 8)
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

Anything with 21 players or more would be an issue because artefacts and oil barrels are hard-coded in Warzone to player ID 21
Well, scavengers used to be hardcoded to player ID 7 ...
Merowingg
Regular
Regular

Post by Merowingg »

i guess that's the benefit of being the map maker, you can make them to your liking
Indeed :) I think I have been following it many times, or as some would say too many times :)

Moisture is really good :) you have even inspired me with something :)

If I am to see beyond.. I will say that the left right, and then top bottom rotation is a little too clearly visible here.. the area where top and bottom serves well its lets say valley path purpose, but I think adding at least two hills, or some hills with no cliff tiles, not so high I mean, would erase this clearly lookink joint place, whis seems unnatural for me at least :lecture:

Look also at details, those the smaller ones, the tiles, at the places where you have joined the four pieces, the tiles are mirrored in clear way. It would be nice to mix them with a brush.

I would also allow bases at ports to have access to the water :) but it is only my "liking" :)

It is important that you know too many features, as you were told is not good too, there is something disturbing at such situation, if not intended to show something. Also this stuck unit thing occur then.

And speaking of BDC :) I wonder what you will do when all players will be in BDC :)

The problem of 999 maps is also the simplest in its nature that.. the 250x250 are begining to be too small for them.. so soon a bigger possibility may become vital for your 999 headings.

I als recommend this 3.1 passion (which made making maps even simpler as whatever you do it will look nice) not to forget about our roots. There were beginnings here, and it is good to know our (Warzone2100) history. If one ask what I mean by it I mean everything :lecture:

To sum up, very nice work, you seem to evolve very fast :)
“Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, and ideas are bulletproof.” - V

"Mark my words boy, Mark them well, I have survived your predecessors and I will survive you." - Merovingian

Regards - Mero
JDW
Regular
Regular

Post by JDW »

Merowingg wrote:And speaking of BDC :) I wonder what you will do when all players will be in BDC :)
Then we have BDC vs BDC games which, in my personal opinion, are the most fun for me when a lot of us are online.

But coming back to the original topic, nice work tmp500 on your maps. Keep it up.
"Speak when you are angry and you will make the best speech you will ever regret."
-- Ambrose Bierce
Berg
Regular
Regular

Post by Berg »

Merowingg wrote:If I am to see beyond.. I will say that the left right, and then top bottom rotation is a little too clearly visible here.. the area where top and bottom serves well its lets say valley path purpose, but I think adding at least two hills, or some hills with no cliff tiles, not so high I mean, would erase this clearly lookink joint place, whis seems unnatural for me at least :lecture:
I like the natural look of much of the map its a nice change from flat high oil maps.
wz2100-20120527_175635-moisture_v1-T1.jpg
The scavengers are evil ...thanks tmp :lecture: :lecture: :lecture: :lecture: :lecture: :lecture: :lecture: :lecture: :lecture: