[3.1] Ultimate Scavenger AI Mod

Did you create a mod, map, music, or a tool? Present them here and earn feedback!
Note: addon requests do not belong here.
Note, everything uploaded to this forum, MUST have a license!
Forgon
Code contributor
Code contributor

Re: [3.1] Ultimate Scavenger AI Mod

Post by Forgon »

Swagmaster Bandit wrote: 15 Mar 2020, 09:53 Is this version still compatible with the Steam Version? As in, pretty stable for multiplayer? I remember back them having issues with newer versions with crashing.
The Steam version you are referring to has been made by a dubious
individual without any connections to our project. We do neither
support nor endorse it.
nick87720z
Trained
Trained

Post by nick87720z »

I remembered description from contingency scavs and meanwhile noticed, that even pre-cont scavs could have some more interesting techs/units.
- Baba sniper (of course if infantry were not excluded): two kinds of antimaterial sniper rifle, low cal (12,7 mm), med cal (14mm or 16mm) and hi-cal (20mm). Low cal one - with AP type (for infantry, wheels and hover, just like today) and high rate. Hi-cal is cannon-type, so should be affected by all cannon upgrades. For some fun, low-cal could be salvo weapon, with good ROF in salvo, and some delay for recharge (still faster than for mini rockets).
- Other baba types:
flamer
grenadier (40mm GL)
bomber - close-range gui, delivering anti-bunker/anti-structure charge.
rocketman (counterpart for rocket cyborg, but with minirocket cal),
reconciler and/or target-designater aka sensorman ))
may be some sort of ataman aka comander XD, essentially acting as designater
worker and engineer. There could be repair vehicles, with common elements from evacuators.
or may be really
- jeep adaptation of heavy AT missiles (inspired by TOW launcher).

Given what is highest tech for uscavs (nexus tank), thay also could have some T2 spec techs:
- multibarell MG for copters, vehicles ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uzLNC-strf0 ) and possibly even baba (extreme ROF with weak shots, only to clean enemy baba crowds).
- pepperpot based: 6 shots salvo baba GL (unsure if baba at 2100 could have chaingun GL, kkk), same for vehicles, including copters. Regular mortar is probably only for ground vehicles.
- ripple rockets based: heavy missile launcher with similar range (requiring sensor for best use), seems essential continuation from minirockets. May be lower (1 to 4) rocket number in salvo.
Btw, remembered minigun bi-cycle from the "Machete" trash movie X)

T3 based:
- long-range homing AA missiles aka stinger (though imho, homing should be available just by laser designator).
- finally enabling homing for AT
- laser, gauss and rail guns for vehicles
- hacker XD (uscavs already have nexus tank)
- emp based: electro-shocker baba, vehicle microwave anti-crowd emitter.

Btw, it looks funny, how babas are "brainwashed" by nexus weapon.
Those, who sacrifice culture for bit of freedom don't diserve any.
JrmyR
Rookie
Rookie

Post by JrmyR »

This mod is great but I'm experiencing desync in multiplay games.

Is this mod supposed to work in multiplay games?
Berserk Cyborg
Code contributor
Code contributor

Post by Berserk Cyborg »

Release 3.4.0 will not be the end of the carnage Ultimate Scavengers shall bring forth. They roam again seeking to make everyone their victim. And not just humans, oh no, even the mightiest of bots can fall to their legions.

I present Ultimate Scavengers for release 3.4.0. Download latest release here!

Changes from 3.3.0 compatible version:

1. Fixes instant desync in true multiplayer.
2. No longer spams cranes for the first few minutes in (advanced) bases.
3. Synced with 3.4.0 stats.
nick87720z
Trained
Trained

Post by nick87720z »

Is this mod only about AI or units variety is also subject? I found nice reference for naval unit (cannon boat, cannon punt, puntgun): https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Punt_gun

I already have seen it reaching 23mm (russian Drake shotgun, 4 gauge), but did not know it could be up to 51mm (above 1 gauge, 42mm) unless found search keywords to get above links, so light cannon is just in range. Well, of course, they need naval factory, mandatory placed at the water edge in right direction.

Can't find videos about 1 gauge guns, only 2 gauge puntgun and 1.5 homemade shotgun are what I could find (well, 1.5 gauge is very close to 40mm, ≈37mm):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_PZx7NuRXNE
Those, who sacrifice culture for bit of freedom don't diserve any.
Frixion
New user

Post by Frixion »

Berserk Cyborg wrote: 07 Jul 2020, 00:23 Release 3.4.0 will not be the end of the carnage Ultimate Scavengers shall bring forth. They roam again seeking to make everyone their victim. And not just humans, oh no, even the mightiest of bots can fall to their legions.

I present Ultimate Scavengers for release 3.4.0. Download latest release here!

Changes from 3.3.0 compatible version:

1. Fixes instant desync in true multiplayer.
2. No longer spams cranes for the first few minutes in (advanced) bases.
3. Synced with 3.4.0 stats.
Hellll yeah. Very surprising to see a mod still being supported after many years. I beleive this is the only mod that's getting version supported updates. I thank you from the bottom of my heart <3

Now we're just waiting on WZ Mini: Scavengers Mod :wink:
Counter Back
Trained
Trained

Post by Counter Back »

WZ Mini is only run in 3.1.x(in my desktop, I don't know in other), more work to upgrade it, because wz version 3.1x and 3.2.x have many differents with the 3.3.0 or 3.4.x version. ultimate scavenger AI mod, I included it in all of my map creation :) , maybe upgrade it your self , I am in it(want to upgrade it but no have time now).
Someday I will show them the true nature of life! If they know, Regards from CB.
Danielson
New user

Post by Danielson »

Will this scav mod be compatible with warzone 3.4.1? Cause i dont get no messange in the top left corner about scavs installed or something
alfred007
Regular
Regular

Post by alfred007 »

Danielson wrote: 31 Jan 2021, 16:42 Will this scav mod be compatible with warzone 3.4.1? Cause i dont get no messange in the top left corner about scavs installed or something
In which folder did you put the mod?
ballsystemlord
New user

Post by ballsystemlord »

Hello,
I can't get ultimate scavenger mod to work with:

Code: Select all

Warzone 2100 - Version: 4.1.3, (modified locally) Built: 2021-08-31
(EDIT: IDK what modified locally means, but I compiled from git source and didn't change a thing.)
It loads. In the upper left it reads: "Mod: ultimatescav-1-16.mod.wz".

% warzone2100 --mod_mp=ultimatescavs-1-16.mod.wz
error   |17:37:11: [urlRequestInit:1347] curl initialized, but ssl backend could not be configured to be thread-safe
info    |17:37:13: [realmain:1741] multiplay mod "ultimatescavs-1-16.mod.wz" is enabled
AL lib: (EE) UpdateDeviceParams: Failed to set 44100hz, got 48000hz instead
I turned on debug mode to double check. The scavengers are behaving the same. They don't build anything more. They are not aggressive but instead they play a defensive game.

Please help.

Thanks!
ballsystemlord
New user

Post by ballsystemlord »

I think I figured out why warzone says it was modified locally. When I cloned the external repos like it says to, I think it updated the data/base/texpages.

% git diff
diff --git a/data/base/texpages b/data/base/texpages
index 47688ef11..2d9d32598 160000
--- a/data/base/texpages
+++ b/data/base/texpages
@@ -1 +1 @@
-Subproject commit 47688ef11f09ab93a4a177de2d76658fcf1181e0
+Subproject commit 2d9d3259806dc855288b5c82a6f8e01740eb4ab5
My problem with scavenger AI mod still exists.
JrmyR
Rookie
Rookie

Post by JrmyR »

Utlimates scavengers are integrated directly in the game, just choose the leftmost scavenger difficulty