New HQ and other pies...

Did you create a mod, map, music, or a tool? Present them here and earn feedback!
Note: addon requests do not belong here.
Note, everything uploaded to this forum, MUST have a license!
Chojun
Regular
Regular

Re: New HQ

Post by Chojun »

O_o
The best thing to do when your philosophies don't stand up to debate is to lock the thread and claim victory.
Martyr Ops
Greenhorn

Post by Martyr Ops »

I like it :D I can't wait to see more from you :)
Rman Virgil
Professional
Professional

Post by Rman Virgil »

---------->

* Way better than the crumpled ashen corruggated boxes of the original.

* This conveys mass, substance, and where civil life once thrived there be just this ghostly, but imposing, remnant. The scorched texture itself conveying the consequence of a fireball at some remove - that is, buildings not toppled by close proximity to ground zero would have this look such that the imagination can readily embrace & be stirred by a post acpocalyptic holocaust .

* It will be interesting to see what effect you achieve for their destructable collapse.

* The Urban Feature set has been much under-utilized by WZ map makers because of the uninspired look of the original buildings, IMHO.

* But their are genuine tac & strat posibilites that a map-maker can imbed in an Urban Map that are really not feasible in either the Arizona or Rocky Mountain sets & the reason for that is the "destructible" nature of these relatively "massive" city buildings. The trees & shacks (etc.) of the other 2 tertile sets don't even come close to those posibilites.

* Now if only we could mix 'n match features between sets (currently it generates unseemly "busted seam" effects.

- RV :)

Impact = C x (R + E + A + T + E)

Contrast
Reach
Exposure
Articulation
Trust
Echo
Chojun
Regular
Regular

Post by Chojun »

O_o

Heh that looks almost exactly like the building from the Cam2 Outro FMV.  Great job, Grim!
The best thing to do when your philosophies don't stand up to debate is to lock the thread and claim victory.
Rman Virgil
Professional
Professional

Post by Rman Virgil »

GrimMoroe wrote:
I hope to spark peoples interest in urban map design again since this is my fav set. :)

* I think that sparking will happen. :)

* As much as I liked the Urban Cam Missions, I never wanted to use it's feature set. (Though I did grab tertiles from it to combine within my altered Ariz set.)

* Laws 245's "Inca" would be memorably atmospheric if redone with features of this quality.

* I'll have to pull out my old pencil drawings from 2000 for a map called "Bueno Aires Revolt" (BAR).....

* Just now in thinking about "BAR" again questions arise in my mind about pathing / zones / gateing / routing issues vis-a-vis useing a fair amount destructable buildings (like "before" & "after") ? & ditto with Player ID assignments in WE - how will it play out in-game as far as fog-of-war & a.i. "attractors" ?

* Hmmm... I'll have to construct some experiments around answering those questions useing the old feature-set.

Contrast
Reach
Exposure
Articulation
Trust
Echo
Martyr Ops
Greenhorn

Post by Martyr Ops »

Very nice! =D when will you be releasing these for use in game (cause I want to use them incase you didn't notice :P)
Serman
Trained
Trained

Post by Serman »

GrimMoroe wrote: Martyr: Best answer I can give you is when they are done.  :o

an ingame shot for those interested:
Jesus...

... Comparing the buildings next to it, to your model just makes me wanna cry.

they're so disgusting...
Kacen
Trained
Trained

Post by Kacen »

Nice, very nice.

Contrasts greatly, though, the entire landscape needs to be changed along with it to fit in of course.
Rman Virgil
Professional
Professional

Post by Rman Virgil »

* I foresee.....

* Spectacular pyrotechnic battles - these will be a much sought after GPM experience.

* Urban map-making will undergo a resurgence not unlike a rennissance.

Kacen wrote:

Contrasts greatly, though, the entire landscape needs to be changed along with it to fit in of course.
* When you say "landscape" do you mean the "tertiles", addtional "Urban Features" or both ? And if so, what type changes do you imagine ?

* The one thing I wondered about was how many slots are there in the Urban Feature set for different building types & additional features... ?

* I think map-makers are gonna be inspired to create dense "City Maps" which will make possible an "Urban Warfare" heretofore not really a part of the WZ play experience.

* Which, for me at least, raises the possibilities of addressing the crippled PC "Follow" feature such that it becomes more the "Drive" of the WZ PSX 1 (not to mention the innovative RTSs from the same era as WZ: "BZ 1 & 2" and "Machines".)

* Can't help but imagine "Driveing" a Commnader Hover Tank through Grim's Urban Landscape with chit blowing-up left, right, fore & aft - definitley brings back mems of the very last mission-sequence in "Halo 1", peeling rubber for dear life in the Warthog.

Last edited by Rman Virgil on 06 Oct 2007, 15:50, edited 1 time in total.

Contrast
Reach
Exposure
Articulation
Trust
Echo