* And may I suggest another use for "Gates".....
* As the entrance to TUNNELS
* Yes.... I said "Tunnels"...
* They can be achieved scriptomatically in CAM mode - something we discovered, oh, maybe? 6 years ago..... among other mind blowing "effects" like "mucky swamps" that donot require an engine over-haul. (Speedy utilized in "AI Boost" - portrayed more as a "Star-Gate"..)
* Let me provide an example of how this could play-out invoking entirely new GPMs & more diverse strats (on offense & defense).
* K..... we'll start with the map title: Citadels Unvanquishable
(as co-creator I can use "Citadel" again for a map title).
* Instead of your typical Base on an exposed terrace (w/ ramps if elevated) you have it surrounded by natural escarpement 2-3 tiles high. In other words your Base resides in a box canyon.
* You enter and exit by 2 means alone: "Tunnel Gates" & "Air-Lift"...
* The walls and defenses you would need to build would be to (1) Protect your "Gated Tunnels" & (2) "AA" along your mountain ridges for enemy air attacks (which map-makers would have to make buildable unlike Pumpkin's stock maps)...
* 'Course you could have "internal ramps"? (& external too)..... depends on how intricate you wanna get with your mission goals & map design.....(you could make them so they are only traversable by infantry/borgs & not armor - lots of variants)
Wait a sec...... there IS a way to do Tunnels
withOUT Scripts or an engine over-haul...... & I'm not the only one who knows HOW.
Impact = C x (R + E + A + T + E)