New HQ and other pies...

Did you create a mod, map, music, or a tool? Present them here and earn feedback!
Note: addon requests do not belong here.
Note, everything uploaded to this forum, MUST have a license!
Deathguise
Trained
Trained

Re: New HQ

Post by Deathguise »

Wow those are awesome, were they done in pieslicer- if they were i bet they took quite a bit time, it took me what seemed like forever just to tidy up all the models(remove all the duplicate points, remap polygons that had texture stretching etc) i cant imagine how long it would take to get all the models to that level.

lav_coyote25: from what im seeing on your profile its your birthday so happy birthday.
"Abandon All Hope" - Chiggy von Richthofen
lav_coyote25
Professional
Professional

Post by lav_coyote25 »

Deathguise wrote: lav_coyote25: from what im seeing on your profile its your birthday so happy birthday.

thanks Deathguise.  53 years today.... mind you at times it feels more like 530.... ;D
‎"to prepare for disaster is to invite it, to not prepare for disaster is a fools choice" -me (kim-lav_coyote25-metcalfe) - it used to be attributed to unknown - but adding the last bit , it now makes sense.
Deathguise
Trained
Trained

Post by Deathguise »

That's alright, hitting the mid twenties myself and as my parents constantly remind me its all down hill after 25 :)
"Abandon All Hope" - Chiggy von Richthofen
Kamaze
Regular
Regular

Post by Kamaze »

Wow, happy birthday lav!
[/offtopic]

Well, to say something about the HQ again, it looks like the backsides of the 'walls' are missing.
We all have the same heaven, but not the same horizon.
kage
Regular
Regular

Post by kage »

sweet. it looks done. i'm confused regarding your mat comment: you want the mat to look like the terrain?
Rman Virgil
Professional
Professional

Post by Rman Virgil »

GrimMoroe wrote:
The mat has dirt texture spotted on it here and there, and it will not match mu new terrain textures so I need to spot the new dirt on it.  8)
* Sounds like you havw also made new tertiles to match your HQ matte ?

* My subjective impressions: your geometry is strong as in the HQ has more "weight" than the stock ones and thus apprears more formidible. Your pallet is also less "cartoony" which also lends more of a military realism. The walls also make sense and would justify adding more HPs to the HQ stats, I think.

* Or I could just simply say I like it a bunch and hope to see it in my WZ games in the near future. :) (as well as any new tertiles to match....)

Cheers, /V\I/R\G/I\L/

Impact = C x (R + E + A + T + E)

Contrast
Reach
Exposure
Articulation
Trust
Echo
Serman
Trained
Trained

Post by Serman »

Are you also working on the Command Centers for the New Paradigm, Collective, and NEXUS?

If so, i think they should look totally different from the Project center, cause the others are the same, just slightly changed up.
Rman Virgil
Professional
Professional

Post by Rman Virgil »

GrimMoroe wrote:
*yes, I am working on new tertiles.

*I agree with the adding of HPs to the HQ.

*Thank you, and if you would like to have it in game now just send me an email and I will send it over to you. ;)

-----------------

* That would be fabulous.... and with your permission (along with due acknowledgment / credit) I would like to use your work in my "Trinity" project. :)

* I'm very happy with the GPMs in MP & SP Ski of "Trinity 1 & 2" but the GFX (features) and stock Pumpkin Rocky Mountain tertiles I used are really sucky. If I recall rightly I only used (out of the whole set) 3 H2O tertiles (these are ok), 3-4 Cliff-face tertiles (so-so) and maybe 4 -5 dirt tertiles (totally lacking in dimmensionality) and so it wouldn't be difficult to swap them out with your higher quality work.

* I'll e-mail you just before I take some vacation time in a week and a half (starting Aug 29)  because I'm sure I'll be able to focus on utilizing the fruits of your efforts during that period away from my job (whereas right now, it's iffy).

* Thank you so much, GrimMoroe. :D It's really got me all inspired again to finish up the "Trinity" project.

Cheers, /V\I/R\G/I\L/

Impact = C x (R + E + A + T + E)

Contrast
Reach
Exposure
Articulation
Trust
Echo
Serman
Trained
Trained

Post by Serman »

Also, about your upcoming new terrain tiles:

Have you created sets for all of the maps, unlike your previous cartoonish tertile set? (Desert, City, and Mountains)

Once these are done, will you compile them into an executable mod, or have us put them in some folder for it to work?