New HQ and other pies...

Did you create a mod, map, music, or a tool? Present them here and earn feedback!
Note: addon requests do not belong here.
Note, everything uploaded to this forum, MUST have a license!
DevUrandom
Regular
Regular

Re: New HQ and other pies...

Post by DevUrandom »

Gheeesh... :o

// Note: We are missing that mouse-and-eyes-wide-open smiley...
Per
Warzone 2100 Team Member
Warzone 2100 Team Member

Post by Per »

Kamaze wrote: Afaik, no.
The current animation is handled by simples frames like a sprite animation.
Maybe you want to pickup the work and replace PIE with 3ds (http://lib3ds.sourceforge.net/) for example :)
What is stopping anyone from implementing rolling wheels with the current sprite animation system?
"Make a man a fire, you keep him warm for a day. Set a man on fire, you keep him warm for the rest of his life."
Giel
Regular
Regular

Post by Giel »

Looks great Grim. Just one question, did you disable shadows ? Because the two trucks' bodies seem to be sort-of "camouflaged", blended into the ground on which they stand.
"First make sure it works good, only then make it look good." -- Giel
Want to tip/donate? bitcoin:1EaqP4ZPMvUffazTxm7stoduhprzeabeFh
kage
Regular
Regular

Post by kage »

Maybe you want to pickup the work and replace PIE with 3ds (http://lib3ds.sourceforge.net/) for example :)
wz also supports ani animation, which renders all pie LEVEL sections simultaneously, but deforms them all independently -- it's kind of half way between true skeletal animation and frame based animation, and tends to look a lot better than frame animation (iirc, not only does it allow for generated coords to be finer grained than PIE2, but also has higher time-step resolution, so you can make the animations smoother... before the source was released, it was hard-limited to cyborg legs and oil derricks, but now that the source is released, and now that i think about it, since it allows for arbitrary and independent rotation, transformation, and scaling along all three axes, it indeed could be tweaked to allow realistic looking wheel animation, and though a very suboptimal and cpu-intensive process, you could expand the PIE spec to allow an arbitrary number of levels, and then make each wheel and each segment of a tank's track independent levels, and animate them very precisely (this would almost certainly be too intensive to even run smoothly on a new gaming comp, though).
Terminator
Regular
Regular

Post by Terminator »

I would love to but I'm not a programmer. If to make a model in 3ds format - it I can do. But how to force wz use 3ds models its not for me :(
Death is the only way out... sh*t Happens !

Russian-speaking Social network Group http://vk.com/warzone2100
Rman Virgil
Professional
Professional

Post by Rman Virgil »

---------

* Brilliant & savvy - artistically & intellectually (what you see & what undergirds it). :)

* If I may, I'd like to send Alex M. this last screen to share with the rest of the ex-Pumpkin heads.

- RV :)

Impact = C x (R + E + A + T + E)

Contrast
Reach
Exposure
Articulation
Trust
Echo
Chojun
Regular
Regular

Post by Chojun »

Please let us know what they say :)
The best thing to do when your philosophies don't stand up to debate is to lock the thread and claim victory.
Terminator
Regular
Regular

Post by Terminator »

I like models, but a Textures are like the same in general: Cannons - dark-orange, unit-body - orange, ground- orange >> in all models Domenationg - orange color & its combinations. I dont know......may be I just dont like this color..? :-X
Death is the only way out... sh*t Happens !

Russian-speaking Social network Group http://vk.com/warzone2100
Rman Virgil
Professional
Professional

Post by Rman Virgil »

Chojun wrote:
Please let us know what they say :)
* Absolutely - I'll foward anything I receive directly. :)

* Like wise on the legal status of the original FMV mission briefs - following a trail now that will hopefully, & at long last, yield a definitive, official, response on the data..

- RV :)

Impact = C x (R + E + A + T + E)

Contrast
Reach
Exposure
Articulation
Trust
Echo
Serman
Trained
Trained

Post by Serman »

That last screenie was simply *orgasmic*

I love everything about it.
The radar is splendid.

You should make the barbed wire run into the corner walls, instead of stopping before reaching it.

One thing though, i'm not really liking the cliff textures.

Why are you limited to only 256x256 texture palletes?

Also, if cyborgs have moving legs (even its only two frames) then why can't spinning wheels be implemented?
kage
Regular
Regular

Post by kage »

... i was going to say we should sticky this post, but i guess serman already did that to himself... and no, you really shouldn't ask.