New HQ and other pies...

Did you create a mod, map, music, or a tool? Present them here and earn feedback!
Note: addon requests do not belong here.
Note, everything uploaded to this forum, MUST have a license!
NucNut
Trained
Trained

Re: New HQ and other pies...

Post by NucNut »

how about the scavengers actually scavenge stuff?

Look at Warhammer 40Ks Orc looted vehicles - they're the same as the other armies vehicles, except they've been 'orcified' - rusty sheet metal welded to places, steel mesh where there was no steel mesh before, and of course the whole vehicle looks like the unholy spawn of a tank and a scrap heap...

Why don't we do that? The random bits that fly off destroyed units will have to go somewhere - maybe you could show WZ2100 units that have been scavenged with extra crap stuck on them, you know, battle field rwefuse turned into a highly unstable weapon of destruction...

That said, i'd like to see the scavengers with old fixed-wing or rotary-wing aircraft fully basterdised and made combat ready - Eg: A news chopper with Bell 212 style ripped-open holes on either side and mounted twin Miniguns...

BTW, whatever happened to jetpack cyborgs?
REDAC Aerospace: Proving that aircraft and terrain don't mix since 2005 :D
XFire Profile: dogzeroonefox
lav_coyote25
Professional
Professional

Post by lav_coyote25 »

the jetpack cyborgs had that unholy inopportune moment to become stuck on cliffs and in water (at times)...  and nothing at that point can free them... so you could either let them perish at the hands of your enemy or do the humane thing and kill them off your self... ;D

they did not have the same pathfinding ability of the vtol... they had the same as the ground based units.... which is what, i think, made them get confused with the cliff faces and water. ( hey ! i can fly i can fly.... woops... damn! stuck here....dont shoot dont shoot...dont sh...).
‎"to prepare for disaster is to invite it, to not prepare for disaster is a fools choice" -me (kim-lav_coyote25-metcalfe) - it used to be attributed to unknown - but adding the last bit , it now makes sense.
Rman Virgil
Professional
Professional

Post by Rman Virgil »

NucNut wrote: ....
* All kwel stuff that we actually explored in depth BEFORE WH 40k was released (& stuff now in other games as well).

* This bares repeating - WZ 2100 was released as an UNFINNISHED game by design. It stills remains unfinnished for all the official & unofficial patches / mods and the work done by WRP. That is its endless facination & challenge.

* Any serious WZ MP gamer knows this in practice & the styles of map-making & imposed "RULES" have been ingenious & necessary efforts to deal with WZ's current "unfinnished" state (let alone adding new stuff to the mix).

* One major area of this "unfinnishedness" is in WZ's Tech Tree / GPM balance. Dealing with that is a can of worms & hungry bear all at once.

* Add to that this:

* We already have enough stuff for 2 sequels !! that is consistent with Pumpkin's vision of WZ, that is fabulous / kwel, doable and will surely add tremendous, exciting, tactical & strategic depth to the game's GPMs.

* The problem, as always, is 3-fold:

* (1) You discriminate 'cause you can't realistically do it all under ANY conditions.

* (2) Manpower - it's always up against scarcity. I'm sure I'm no excecption with days that have  me up at 4 am, out the door at 5 am & never home before 8 pm - often closer to 10 pm.

* (3) Let's say manpower is NOT a factor & we had 30 peeps working on it 8 - 12 hours a day.. well issue #1 would still apply AND:

* Putting new stuff in is simple addition..... BALANCING it against everything that already exists, that is in play, places us within  challenges that are geometric in consequence no matter how you adhere to KISS design principles.

* Anyway, that's what any WZ enhancement effort faces (from coding, to new content, to new features, to baseline upgrades.)

* And let's not forget or lose sight of the FUN-factor.... playing absolutely but also the MAKING of the new..... if that fun dries-up then nothing gets done (that's yet another kind of balance.).

- RV :).
Last edited by Rman Virgil on 17 Oct 2007, 14:49, edited 1 time in total.

Impact = C x (R + E + A + T + E)

Contrast
Reach
Exposure
Articulation
Trust
Echo
Serman
Trained
Trained

Post by Serman »

If Eidos didn't stop support for Wz2100, I could imagine it to be one of those high-end games you'd find on Steam.  :-X
Rman Virgil
Professional
Professional

Post by Rman Virgil »

Serman wrote: If Eidos didn't stop support for Wz2100, I could imagine it to be one of those high-end games you'd find on Steam.  :-X
* I understand what you're sayin even though Steam's extremely heavy-handed control protocol has kept me away from playing HL2 for almost a year now.

* But to follow-up your comment -

* If Pumpkin had been able to cont dev on WZ, every single one of their major releases would have been ground-breaking in the RTS genre - there's no doubt Wz could have been a leading, trend-setting, franchise for the entire genre. (If we had even just finished & released the Mangodai Campaign 6 years ago - we could have achieved similar results, IMHO.)

- RV :)

Contrast
Reach
Exposure
Articulation
Trust
Echo
NucNut
Trained
Trained

Post by NucNut »

Umm... Wires crossed here. I wasn't referning to WH40K Dawn of war, I was actually reffering to the table top game - A guy converted a Landraider into a wooden, flame bealching Orc behemoth - pretty cool stuff.
REDAC Aerospace: Proving that aircraft and terrain don't mix since 2005 :D
XFire Profile: dogzeroonefox
Rman Virgil
Professional
Professional

Post by Rman Virgil »

-------->

* Now that Factory5.jpg (from the IRC WRP Logs) is the best looking one yet in WZ. Consistent with your new style of conjuring a formidible mass & more intricate & diverse geometry.

* Actually, come to think of it, I can't recall seeing anything more substantive & appealing in any RTS I've played to date.

- RV :)

EDIT: For your convenience i've pulled the url from the IRC Log:

Check it out HERE
Last edited by Rman Virgil on 22 Oct 2007, 06:34, edited 1 time in total.

Contrast
Reach
Exposure
Articulation
Trust
Echo
Terminator
Regular
Regular

Post by Terminator »

I want to say that this factory is pretty well :))...Textured models always looks good :)
Death is the only way out... sh*t Happens !

Russian-speaking Social network Group http://vk.com/warzone2100
Chojun
Regular
Regular

Post by Chojun »

*drool*
The best thing to do when your philosophies don't stand up to debate is to lock the thread and claim victory.
DevUrandom
Regular
Regular

Post by DevUrandom »

w000t... Looks awesome. :)
Serman
Trained
Trained

Post by Serman »

URL is broken.