New HQ and other pies...

Did you create a mod, map, music, or a tool? Present them here and earn feedback!
Note: addon requests do not belong here.
Note, everything uploaded to this forum, MUST have a license!
Watermelon
Code contributor
Code contributor

Re: New HQ

Post by Watermelon »

looks stunning  :o

I think the transparencyshadow problem can be solved by replacing the 2d transparent texture rect(the antenna) with some heavily stretched triangle like
  /\
| |
| |
/  |
though there is no hope for the |X| parts...
tasks postponed until the trunk is relatively stable again.
Rman Virgil
Professional
Professional

Post by Rman Virgil »

GrimMoroe wrote: Virgil,
      You can use them for your mod the only thing I ask aside from the credit is that you don't change the gfx stuff, but you can use, distribute them, no problems. :)
* Thank you, GrimMoroe. :)

* Honoring your wishes comes natural in my world-view, wherein a creators work & intent are held sacrosanct.

Cheers, /V\I/R\G/I\L/

Impact = C x (R + E + A + T + E)

Contrast
Reach
Exposure
Articulation
Trust
Echo
Deathguise
Trained
Trained

Post by Deathguise »

I like the new powerplant, the new mat gfx is quite cool as well.
"Abandon All Hope" - Chiggy von Richthofen
Giel
Regular
Regular

Post by Giel »

GrimMoroe: you've got me drewling!!

This looks really exciting!
"First make sure it works good, only then make it look good." -- Giel
Want to tip/donate? bitcoin:1EaqP4ZPMvUffazTxm7stoduhprzeabeFh
Rman Virgil
Professional
Professional

Post by Rman Virgil »

* Tight, fresh, buff - and the aesthetic is consistent with your HQ which leads me to believe you have a clear, all encompassing, vision that your working from & towards as an artist. (The addition of those access ports, a subtle reminder that there is flesh & blood in this game world trying to maintain.)

* Not that its of any great necessity to see but was curious - wondering how it looked before upgrading ?

* Look foward to next week when I'll email you and (with ten days away from the job) can start putting whatever you generously share at that time into "Trinity".

* What your creating inspires gamers to go back & re-experience playing the game (that's an obvious given) but I'm sure it also inspires other creators to get back to work and that is a boon to acknowledge as well.

Cheers, RV :)
Last edited by Rman Virgil on 25 Aug 2007, 14:04, edited 1 time in total.

Contrast
Reach
Exposure
Articulation
Trust
Echo
Rman Virgil
Professional
Professional

Post by Rman Virgil »

GrimMoroe wrote: Thanks guys for all the kind words, it helps keep me going  8)
RV: That pic is before upgrading, I haven't shown the one after upgrading yet. I hope others will be inspired to create new stuff as well.

Update to the 'mat' and dirt pass on the textures:
* I have no doubt your work will inspire other artists. Artists can be moved to create by just about anything but one of the most powerful sources is another artist going strong.

* The reason I thought your 1st screenie was a full-upgraded was because it had 4 rings of power indicating that it had 4 oil derricks attatched to it and not just 2 (or none, for a non-upgraded power station.).....  its all good.

Cheers, /V\I/R\G/I\L/ :)

Contrast
Reach
Exposure
Articulation
Trust
Echo
Rman Virgil
Professional
Professional

Post by Rman Virgil »

-------------------

* At last, settled some 1300 miles away from the job in Salt Lake for a week on the Pacific coast & eager to spend some focused time  incorporating what art you've created that you judge ready to share in my "Trinity" project: models, tertiles...

* Putting your models in my Wz toys, speaks for itself.... As for any tertiles - what I would be doing is swaping out from the stock Rocky Mountain set I used (that way I don't have to rebuild from scratch).

* In addition to including your art in the WZ toys that are "Trinity" 1 & 2......

* I'm also remaking the accompaning "Trinity" Machinima.

* Besides "re-shooting" the in-game footage with your art on prominent display.... I've come up with a different cinematic framework werein that WZ machinima will be integrated within a machinima created outside the WZ gameworld engine  that utlizes a dedicated platform to create the characters & scenes from the Trinity backstory & dramatic fiction.

* I hope this explanation makes sense and that it's ok to present your art within that other medium (with all due credit as well) - in essence, a machinima within a machinima.

* Much inspired to carry on by your art Grim Moroe - words expressing my appreciation seem inadequate.

Cheers, /V\I/R\G/I\L/ :)

* Email:

rman2120 AT fastmail DOT fm

Contrast
Reach
Exposure
Articulation
Trust
Echo
Kayiaxo
Trained
Trained

Post by Kayiaxo »

All those buildings look really cool and nice !
Will they be implemented in the next build of wz2100 ?
Credits to Kacen for making the image.
Rman Virgil
Professional
Professional

Post by Rman Virgil »

-------------

* That's kwel GrimMoroe. :)

* Got plenty to keep me busy with the machinima that is character & set-piece based. I'm working out quick roughs in Peter Molyneux's "Movies" - trying a bunch of different things without much toil till I settle on something close to what I want. From that point I'll build the final in the much more robust "MovieStorm" - which is where i'll edit-in the re-shot WZ machinima segments that include your GFX.

* So ...... whenever you feel your stuff is good to go will be fine cause I'll be plenty busy for awhile getting to where I can use it in the WZ Trinity Movie. As for the Trinity Maps, etc.... those will be relatively easy to upgrade with your art when it's ready.

Cheers, RV :)

Contrast
Reach
Exposure
Articulation
Trust
Echo