[3.1+] NullBot: an adaptive skirmish AI

Did you create a mod, map, music, or a tool? Present them here and earn feedback!
Note: addon requests do not belong here.
Note, everything uploaded to this forum, MUST have a license!
NoQ
Special
Special

Re: NullBot: yet another AI for master

Post by NoQ »

Hmm, that's not the point. Suppose some lab is idle (cause all the necessary research is already being researched), and an ally has just completed some research that opened up new research possibilities for that lab. How would it know it should get back to work?
lav_coyote25 wrote:so these ai are not for skirmish . then what use are they|? :annoyed: :annoyed: :annoyed: :annoyed: :annoyed: :annoyed:
You are either joking or have your account compromised by some weird troll.
lav_coyote25
Professional
Professional

Post by lav_coyote25 »

NoQ wrote:Hmm, that's not the point. Suppose some lab is idle (cause all the necessary research is already being researched), and an ally has just completed some research that opened up new research possibilities for that lab. How would it know it should get back to work?
lav_coyote25 wrote:so these ai are not for skirmish . then what use are they|? :annoyed: :annoyed: :annoyed: :annoyed: :annoyed: :annoyed:
You are either joking or have your account compromised by some weird troll.
when it comes to this game and the ai. I DO NOT JOKE. PERIOD. END OF SENTENCE. and if some evil troll somehow compromised my account - you would all know it. now, answer the charges. why, when i try to use these new ai's, do they just sit in their ( expletive deleted ) bases and do absolutely nothing, like any European army would do in real life. :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

NoQ wrote:compatible with latest git
NoQ wrote:This AI seems to be stronger than non-cheating ("Easy") versions of Nexus AI, Semperfi and MCRbot ... at least, in T1, no bases games.
Per wrote:It seems to defeat the AI opposition most of the time.
lav_coyote wrote:why, when i try to use these new ai's, do they just sit in their ( expletive deleted ) bases and do absolutely nothing, like any European army would do in real life.
Dear God, please make it stop.
JDW
Regular
Regular

Post by JDW »

lav_coyote25 wrote:well if this AI is anything like the semperfi-js AI - wont matter. it just sits in its base and does nothing, and when i quit, and try to get another game, crashes the game to desktop.
NoQ wrote:Dear God, please make it stop.
I believe lav was talking about the semperfi-js AI, and not the NullBot. I think there was some sort of misunderstanding.
"Speak when you are angry and you will make the best speech you will ever regret."
-- Ambrose Bierce
effigy
Regular
Regular

Post by effigy »

JDW wrote:
lav_coyote25 wrote:well if this AI is anything like the semperfi-js AI - wont matter. it just sits in its base and does nothing, and when i quit, and try to get another game, crashes the game to desktop.
NoQ wrote:Dear God, please make it stop.
I believe lav was talking about the semperfi-js AI, and not the NullBot. I think there was some sort of misunderstanding.
That's what it looks like to me. :lecture:

I decided to do a skirmish vs. NullBotv0.3 on Vision: http://youtu.be/zkogTzoIWCw

It wasn't too difficult at medium difficulty, but does adapt. I admit I was a little worried when it started pumping MG Borgs before I started producing MRA.

I think it would have done better if it attacked my derricks with an MG tower, and built Cobra bodies sooner. Then again, maybe it would have had Cobra sooner if it had built research modules. :hmm:
This is why some features aren't implemented: http://forums.wz2100.net/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=7490&view=unread#p87241
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

New version up, a few slight tweaks in grouping and micro, but nothing special actually.
Per
Warzone 2100 Team Member
Warzone 2100 Team Member

Post by Per »

Got an exception in nullbot 0-3, line 346, loc is undefined if the previous call to pickStructLocation() fails (which can happen if the location is full -- this was pretty late in a very big game).
zany
Trained
Trained

Post by zany »

is this for the new 3.1 or just master snapshots?
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

is this for the new 3.1 or just master snapshots?
Sorry i can't test it yet, but i think it should work. At least it worked last time i tried 3.1 branch from git.
loc is undefined if the previous call to pickStructLocation() fails
I'll have a look (:
zydonk
Trained
Trained

Post by zydonk »

lav_coyote25 wrote:why, when i try to use these new ai's, do they just sit in their ( expletive deleted ) bases and do absolutely nothing, like any European army would do in real life. :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3
Ouch...

Who moderates the Moderator?
Last edited by cybersphinx on 31 Jan 2012, 18:03, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Quotefail
Berg
Regular
Regular

Post by Berg »

I do ...!!!
lav_coyote25
Professional
Professional

Post by lav_coyote25 »

zydonk wrote:
lav_coyote25 wrote:why, when i try to use these new ai's, do they just sit in their ( expletive deleted ) bases and do absolutely nothing, like any European army would do in real life. :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3
Ouch...

why? never swore. and an observation from history. whats wrong with that? :hmm:
Last edited by cybersphinx on 31 Jan 2012, 18:04, edited 1 time in total.
zydonk
Trained
Trained

Post by zydonk »

lav_coyote25 wrote:
zydonk wrote:
lav_coyote25 wrote: why, when i try to use these new ai's, do they just sit in their ( expletive deleted ) bases and do absolutely nothing, like any European army would do in real life. :3 :3 :3 :3 :3 :3
Ouch...

why? never swore. and an observation from history. whats wrong with that? :hmm:
Who said anything about swearing? The above throwaway remark is a cheap jibe and very disrespectful. The least you could do is withdraw it.
Last edited by cybersphinx on 31 Jan 2012, 18:04, edited 1 time in total.
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

Also, the line with six :3 smileys is not mine =/
cybersphinx
Inactive
Inactive

Post by cybersphinx »

NoQ wrote:Also, the line with six :3 smileys is not mine =/
Fixed.
We want information... information... information.