[3.1+] NullBot: an adaptive skirmish AI

Did you create a mod, map, music, or a tool? Present them here and earn feedback!
Note: addon requests do not belong here.
Note, everything uploaded to this forum, MUST have a license!
Happy Camper
Trained
Trained

Re: [3.1+] NullBot: an adaptive skirmish AI

Post by Happy Camper »

Happy Camper wrote:I will try to downgrade physfs from 2.02 to 2.01 as someone suggested and see if it helps.
Now it's working again :)
th3r0n
New user

Post by th3r0n »

I downgrade also physfs lib and it also works for me.

One of my friends play on windows, I will ask him if he had the problem and I tell you.
Duha
Trained
Trained

Post by Duha »

http://addons.wz2100.net/ developer
aubergine
Professional
Professional

Post by aubergine »

OMG, NullBot just put VTOL bombers on patrol between two oil resources!
"Dedicated to discovering Warzone artefacts, and sharing them freely for the benefit of the community."
-- https://warzone.atlassian.net/wiki/display/GO
aubergine
Professional
Professional

Post by aubergine »

In a game last night on your 4c Freezing map I very nearly got pwned by NullBot in late game. A particularly advanced NullBot had destroyed all the other bases, including scavs, and taken their oil. It had two, possibly 3, large land attack groups, backed by large squadrons of VTOLs and large numbers of incendiary howitzers plus a few ripples and archangels... and sensor droids to find targets for them!

It was amassing at my doorstep, where I'd turtled heavily in the hope of getting some video footage for my next video, and then proceeded to munch its way through several lines of my defences with relative ease. I've never seen an AI do that before. It was doing such a good job I completely forgot to activate screen recording, I was too busy trying to survive. Even with constant building of defences, I was barely managing to stay in the game.

Then, all of a sudden, it made the transition to Dragon bodies for its tanks. What a disaster that was on it's part. It's as if it reached retirement age and become hooked on ballroom dancing.

If it had stuck to the heavy Nexus bodies for it's tanks, which were much cheaper and faster to produce, it would probably have wiped me off the map.

So, can I put a vote in to ditch the Dragon body templates that NullBot uses?

By the time NullBot gets to Dragon bodies, it would probably do better to reduce it's use of cyborgs and focus more on nexus tanks & vtols, and any remaining weapon/structure upgrades, possibly investing in a few more archangels along the way.
"Dedicated to discovering Warzone artefacts, and sharing them freely for the benefit of the community."
GiGaBaNE
Trained
Trained

Post by GiGaBaNE »

Ok NoQ, need a summary please.
is there any version of warzone for windoze that actually works with your awesome ai's yet?

I saw some link back a bit to (http:/"buildbot.wz2100.net/files/warzone2100-bugfixes-20120830-161429-a2c7be0.exe")
(link deliberatly altered to prevent clickthroughs)
but that doesnt exist any more, i downloaded 20121009-095712-ac2dc38 and am about to try it.

my main concerns are to either use contingency or your challenges.

and finally
are there any conflict issues if i load your nullbot, nullbot extras, contigency and nullbot-contingency all at once?
aubergine
Professional
Professional

Post by aubergine »

The version of nullbot in this thread doesn't work with contingency. However if you look in the opening post of the contingency thread you'll find links to a special version of nullbot developed to work with contingency - just make sure the normal nullbot has been uninstalled first. From what I remember the extras and some other stuff of the normal nullbot isn't available in the contingency version of nullbot.

As for warzone versions, try Warzone 3.1 RC 3 (or later depending on when you read this) which is available from the downloads tab.
cue
Trained
Trained

Post by cue »

I cannot see anything about AI fixes in the new RC 3.

Is there anything they fixed thats not directly mentioned so AI units stop clustering up.
Originway
Trained
Trained

Post by Originway »

the AI can't do anything about the jams, it is not their fault, it is another bug
cue
Trained
Trained

Post by cue »

Yeah, NoQ sad it was the "unit movement/pathfinder micro-ai" that just translates to AI in my simple mind :)

Was any of that fixed?
aubergine
Professional
Professional

Post by aubergine »

The pathfinding is being improved bit by bit, but there's still a lot to do and it's unlikely we'll see any major improvements in the 3.1 branch at this late stage.

How the pathfinding stuff works: NullBot tells Warzone "send these units over here" and it's up to Warzone to make that happen via it's pathfinding algorithms. Currently the Warzone pathfinding struggles when there's a cluster of units moving, particularly through a choke point - unfortunately there's very little AI developers can do to help, just gonna have to wait for the WZ pathfinding to improve over time (it's not a trivial thing to improve).
Rman Virgil
Professional
Professional

Post by Rman Virgil »

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=9961&p=111224#p111224

Last 2 posts - specifically how to address this. Also within a broader context which includes, among other things, an A.I. correlation.

Impact = C x (R + E + A + T + E)

Contrast
Reach
Exposure
Articulation
Trust
Echo
cue
Trained
Trained

Post by cue »

Perhaps there is a messy workaround.

Can the AI be made to just build factories "outside" of the main station.
Or make a gathering point outside of the base.

In the maps we play the AI gets stuck in the base. We just play very open maps.
download/file.php?id=12523&mode=view
cue
Trained
Trained

Post by cue »

One thing that must be a little odd.
in this picture.
download/file.php?id=12523&mode=view

Why are units from black and blue stuck there too?
Do they have a gathering point at reds base?
aubergine
Professional
Professional

Post by aubergine »

Changing the JS API pickStructLocation() to require two flat spaces all around FACTORY and CYBORG_FACTORY would significantly reduce traffic jams in AI bases, and also reduce chances of a factory choking a base entrance.

It would sometimes help reduce traffic jams outside the base too, as sometimes AI will end up building factories in canyons outside their base.

http://developer.wz2100.net/ticket/3747